BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

First and second round digital interview that involved responding to online video recordings. Have 3 minutes to record your response and you only get 1 shot at answering each question. Difficult to focus while you can see the clock ticking down while you're trying to answer. Lengthy questions for only 3 minutes to respond

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BP (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Short questionnaire to start, followed by a 10 minute, 4 question, digital behavioral interview. I have received an offer for a second digital interview that says it should take 25 minutes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and case interview and then another phone interview. Finally, they called me on skype with like 10 other people. Not very scary though. Thye tried to be as helpful as possible the whole time.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There were three parts that I did and one part after that I did not do. After applying online you take a situational judgement questionnaire. Of you pass the questionnaire you will take an online interview within 3 days. The online video interview, is not with a live person. I recorded my answers to preset questions through a company called hireview. Following that, if you do well you will get a second interview also online like the first one.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you led a project that had many facets/ parts to it.   Answer Question

Subsurface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the BP US website. Then, I received an email with the instructions and invitation to take a video interview. The interview was not difficult, and was short (you have only 1-2 minutes to answer each question). After submitting my response to the interview, I waited couple of months and the status on my online profile changed from Under review to Declined.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like: Tell us about yourself, how your major will fit into the position and company   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in December 2015.

Interview

First after I applied online I received an email to judgment questionnaire. Then I automatically got an email invitation for pre recorded interview. I am still waiting for the next step

Marketing, Origination, Analytics and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

1st step: Questionnaire which weeds out applicants. Situational questions that don't pertain to job.

2nd step: Computer video interview. Pre recorded questions concerning schooling and goals with the company. The questions asked made it seem like the position was for someone still in early undergrad, possibly looking for an internship. This was a surprise since the description listed was for a full time position for someone with a bachelors or masters degree.

Interview Questions

• What goals would you like to reach by working with BP?   Answer Question

BP IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two video interviews done in my dorm room and a final site interview which included an individual case interview and a group case interview.

Video 1: 10 mins, 3 questions. Really basic. "Tell my about yourself", "Why BP/oil", and something else
    Video 2: a lot of questions, lasts about 30 minutes, many esoteric questions
    Case 1: Easy case interview. Google "Schlumberger business interviews" for examples on math, and get the Case in Point book for examples on how to answer questions.
    Case 2: With a group. Make sure to be respectful but don't be a pushover. A really easy way to ace this interview is to suggest being the person who writes on the board: shows initiative, allows you to be involved without doing any heavy lifting, can showcase your organization skills because it was a large case with many data pieces.

The two cases are done before lunch, then you get lunch at 12 and are shown the trading floor/building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you identified a risk and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

It's a 3 step hiring process. It was a two panel group and they asked their questions and wrote down my responses as I spoke. I'm just assuming they were following guidelines given to them by human resources and did not deviate from the form. The overall experience was good and good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like, what would you do if....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First, I had an virtual interview. This consisted of behavioral based questions and occurred about 7 days after I was notified I had an interview. About a week after that, I filled out an online test consisting of math, logic and reasoning questions. This all culminated with a two day, on campus interview, consisting of a dinner, two 45 minute interviews, a group case study and an individual case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you witnessed something unethical happen and what did you do about it.   Answer Question