BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

3.1

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed, simple, and straightforward. The person interviewing me was extremely friendly and helpful so it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Overall the process was a pleasant experience and I am very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Each question revolved around describing a scenario in which I demonstrated one of their core values.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

It was incredibly subjective as it was through an online video recording. Hard to tell what they are looking for. I answered the questions clearly and honestly and within a few days my candidate zone profile was updated saying that I was no longer being considered.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

12 behavioral questions which are done through an online virtual system. They questions are very basic and I'm not sure if I'm going to hear back as it has been a while. Overall, it is a pretty simple interview

Upstream Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at the career fair and got an email about a virtual email about a week later. The interview consisted of videos of various BP employees asking questions and then a 30 second period before you have to start answering the question. In my opinion, the interview was badly structured and the questions were hard to answer when there was no real person receiving them on the other side.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

it was online and and they asked about 12-13 questions. all behavioral but most having to do with risk and safety. they were prerecorded questions of people and you had about 30 seconds to prepare for them before you had to answer them yourself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that your team was at risk and what did you do   Answer Question

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 3weeks after applying online. There was no initial screening process and made me wonder if this was a fake interview and had already someone in mind for the role. When i asked that question he replied and stated they were looking for an external candidate. However, i just noticed someone on LinkedIn who just started the role back in June. So, the recruiter lied and they hired internal. I was invited for an in person interview to meet the team and everyone was dry and serious. Another's flag this role was fake, the hiring mgr. was out 'sick' that day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview at first. Next stage is a technical interview. The personal and behavioral interview section asks for a candidates actions and inputs on a variety of situations. Overall, the interview procedure was stream lined, and the atmosphere was not tense.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

BP has a lengthy and extensive process and make sure all your ducks are in a row before you proceed. Applied in April, had my first phone screening May. Very standard review of your resume and experience, some general behavioral questions. Was invited back to a 3 person panel interview in June. This was a much more detail behavioral interview using the STAR format. Format is critical to the success of your interview so make sure to touch on all the elements. The panel was comprised of a Senior Territory Manager, Business Unit Manager and Western Divisional Manager, all members asked questions and shared insight about themselves and experience. Very informative and good place to get notes for later interviews. Excellent team meeting experience. After some more waiting was invited back in July for a second panel interview, again with 3 team members. This included a 15-20 minute presentation on a company product trying to obtain company buy in. A few more behavioral questions and was told they would be getting back to me once decision was made. In August a offer came in and I accepted pending background and drug screening.

Unfortunately I was not able to provide a w2 for a start up that I briefly worked for and the offer was rescinded. Overall the experience was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed everyone I met with and spoke to. I was looking forward to the role and wish it had gone differently. My biggest advice is be knowledgeable about your experience and in presenting it, remember STAR format, know the companies values and don't be afraid to be engaging with those you interview with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a opportunity where you had to overcome obstacles with a customer?   Answer Question

BP Discovery Day Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately received email to do virtual HireVue interview. I assume everyone automatically gets the interview. You do the online interview, which consists of two recorded answers and one short essay. Everything is timed and you only have one chance at it. After that, it took a little over a month for them to get back to me.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP in August 2016.

Interview

I participated in an on campus interview the day after the career fair at my university. They asked me situation based questions related to the safety priorities that are posted on their website.