BP Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

There were two interviews first was a one on one interview. Once I passed that there was a second on-site interview and this was with a panel. Easy going and made you feel comfortable but still wanted to know if you were a good fit for the position. Probably the best interview experience I've had so far.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a Science and Engineering Career Fair and was offered an interview on campus that week. The interview had behavioral and technical questions, and the panel consisted of an experienced engineering manager and a young engineer. I received the offer by phone a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The technical question required some fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics that was difficult to articulate well before at an early point in my major.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview

I went to their info session. Then I saw them at the career fair. They contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Interview was over an hour long and included a personal (STAR format) section and then a technical section.

Another offer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

2 sets of interviews 1st round was with 2 engineers that lasted ~1 hour. 2nd round was a site interview which included dinner the night before with 2 other candidates and ~8 engineers and 3 engineering managers. During the actual interview it included 4 interviews with 2 interviewers each and a site tour.

Interview Questions

• 1st round they asked behavioral questions and then asked me to draw a distillation column and then a distillation tray.   Answer Question
    • 2nd round on site interview included more behavioral questions then I was asked to troubleshoot a fin fan that was not cooling to specifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were unwilling to negotiate salary, but were willing to move my start date forward by 2 months.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

During my summer internship, I had an exit interview that purposed as my full time interview. Fairly standard questions. Was between my mentor and HR manager at the time. We had discussed roles that were of mutual interest between me and BP. After initial interview with mentor and HR manager, I was set up with a few team leads that I had expressed interest in working for and a few others that had expressed interest in me working for them.

Interview Questions

• How has your summer experience at BP shaped your idea of future employment at BP full time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved what so ever. It was shut down rather quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Pullman, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

BP came to my college campus for a career fair and conducted interviews following the career fair. The interview starts off with personal questions that range from what you are most proud of to give an example of when you set your sights to high or failed at something. The interview was really straight forward and laid back. The second half of the interview consisted of a technical question to see how well you could think on your feet. My question involved a pipeline that went from a location inland to offshore, that had to travel over a mountain and into a valley.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was having to apply equations to the technical question. BP asked me if I knew any equations for what was happening inside the pipeline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application online. A few weeks later, I received a phone call to setup an interview. The interview took 6 hours and consisted of a behavioral interview, technical interview, lunch, and a refinery tour. They had one more week of interviews after mine, and I received an offer the very next Monday after they had finished.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a diverse group of people   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was far beyond what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Got a call about having an on-site interview, I worked in the industry so they didn't ask for a phone interview. They payed for my gas and lodgings. Got to the site early in the morning, had a small tour of the office, then got right down to the interviews. Interviewed with the two guys who would be my bosses, lots of situation questions. Then I had a skills review with two of the engineers. Lots of how does a tower run, what would you do if your plant wasn't operating well question. Overall, nice people.

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP (Milan (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was 90 minutes and it was digital interview. it was consist of two parts. Firstly, they asked technical question related to oil and gas industry, fluid mechanics, equipments used in industry( such as pumps) . This part took 1 hour approximately. Then, they asked questions about company and it was like competency-based interview. Questions were a bit complicated. In conclusion, I would say that interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1) Which parameters are important in pump design?
      2) And, how can you design pump with these parameters?   Answer Question