BP Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

There were two interviews first was a one on one interview. Once I passed that there was a second on-site interview and this was with a panel. Easy going and made you feel comfortable but still wanted to know if you were a good fit for the position. Probably the best interview experience I've had so far.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Pullman, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

BP came to my college campus for a career fair and conducted interviews following the career fair. The interview starts off with personal questions that range from what you are most proud of to give an example of when you set your sights to high or failed at something. The interview was really straight forward and laid back. The second half of the interview consisted of a technical question to see how well you could think on your feet. My question involved a pipeline that went from a location inland to offshore, that had to travel over a mountain and into a valley.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was having to apply equations to the technical question. BP asked me if I knew any equations for what was happening inside the pipeline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Got a call about having an on-site interview, I worked in the industry so they didn't ask for a phone interview. They payed for my gas and lodgings. Got to the site early in the morning, had a small tour of the office, then got right down to the interviews. Interviewed with the two guys who would be my bosses, lots of situation questions. Then I had a skills review with two of the engineers. Lots of how does a tower run, what would you do if your plant wasn't operating well question. Overall, nice people.

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP (Milan (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was 90 minutes and it was digital interview. it was consist of two parts. Firstly, they asked technical question related to oil and gas industry, fluid mechanics, equipments used in industry( such as pumps) . This part took 1 hour approximately. Then, they asked questions about company and it was like competency-based interview. Questions were a bit complicated. In conclusion, I would say that interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1) Which parameters are important in pump design?
      2) And, how can you design pump with these parameters?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. I felt that I talked too much and drifted away from the topic occasionally so the interviewer kept asking me to talk to the point. So it is important to be concise. The STAR format defintely helps though, but refrain from giving examples for every point you make, I think that's why I talked for 5+ minutes for the basic question 'why did you choose your university?'. The interview questions are standard competency based but remember to think more about your experience as the interviewer will ask about 'what have you learnt from experience' 'if there is one thing you can do differently next time, what would you do?'

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your degree? Why did you choose your university?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions

• Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Personal Interview, Technical Interview, Group problem-solving, Case Study and Presenting decision on case study.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer showed me a PID (Process and instrumentation diagram) and was asked to explain it.   Answer Question