BP Process Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Process Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at BP

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Whiting, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position in early August. As of October 31, 2011, I had an interview. I went to the Whiting Clean Energy facility for the interview. I was interviewed, by the Lead Operator, HSSE Manager, Operations Manager, and Operations Supervisor. Everyone from Admin Asst, to the Operators were friendly upon my arrival. The interview consisted of me sitting in a conference room with the four individuals mentioned. The questions that were asked of me were based on the motivational based behavior model, which examples of questions can be found online. I prepared for this interview by going over those questions and preparing responses. It helped tremendously. I would recommend trying to answer those type of questions before an interview. I am still waiting on a hiring decision. I was told that one would not be made until very close to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work situation in which you can demonstrate that you encouraged the motivation of another person.   1 Answer
  • The classic, "Tell me about yourself."   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I applied and quickly recieved a response to Interview. The Interview was about an hour long, the questions were not that difficult, but some did catch me off gaurd! I am just waiting on a response to see what's next.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Bellingham, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial application got you an invitation to test. The aptitude test of 300+ got you an interview. The first interview of 75 was with a unit supervisor and 3 foreman. Second interview of 35 was with the same panel. Then they hired 23 operators which went through a drug test and a physical aptitude test which consisted of walking up lots of stairs carrying an SCBA.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you have to make a decision to do the right thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Hammond, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Took a two hour test and then went through two separate interviews. The test was basic knowledge. Reading comprehension, math, problem solving, and memorization. The interviews were with two separate groups of people who asked various questions about your past work history and possible job situations.

Interview Questions

• What was something that a past employer asked you to do that you felt was unsafe and what did you end up doing in response?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Hammond, IN).

Interview

Take a 3 hour skills test with about 29 other people. It was several different topics including a video of how to read gauges. Wait several weeks to hear from hr if you passed. They set you up for a face to face interview with 3 people at a time.

Interview Questions

• Tell them somethung about how you worked successfully in a group.   Answer Question