BP Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2016

3.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Uses behavioral interviewing questions and techniques. You'd better be prepared because the hiring decision is made based on the points you make whilst answering the questions. It's subjective - yes, but that's the process. Suggest you brush up on the typical behavioral type questions you'll find on the web or in one of the popular interviewing books.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a unpopular decision? What was the situation and what was the decision? How did you manage the team's reaction and convince them that it was the right thing to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth and short

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

First was the phone interview with one of the HR generalist where I was asked about my background, experiences, present salary and sakary expectations.
    Two weeks later was an email the HR chap informing me of a one-on-one with the hiring manger in three weeks.
    The interview itself was very casual with the hiring manager and two other technical chaps.
    Then I received another call four weeks later from the hiring manager informing me I had been selected.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself
      2.If you had to rate project management as a career, from 1-10 how would you rate it?
      3.What don’t you want to work on?
      4.What do you spend the most time doing each day?
      5.What was the most difficult ethical decision you’ve had to make on a project?
      6.How have you improved project management processes at your current firm?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Contractor so my process will be different. I has hired for a short project. After that was completed I extended for 3 years.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Decatur, AL) in July 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of 3, consisting of a project manager, an area supervisor, and a safety consultant. All of the questions asked about "a specific incident where you..." etc, etc. The group was relatively informal. In some of my responses, I mentioned names of people that I had worked with on projects. I got calls from some of these individuals that same day saying that my interviewers had called them for references.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific event when you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy with the introductory offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy and friendly interview. Interviewed with one assistant manager and one manager. They are all very nice and happy to explain more clearly if you don't understand.
    The whole process took 45mins.
    Several basic retail questions were asked such as what would you do if ....
    Received interview outcome within 3 working days and didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How to demonstrate bp's value
      what is good customer service
      How you value safety and team
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Competency based interviews with a panel of three individuals (employing manager, HR representative and a peer within the new team). The role was explained and the expectations for the interview process were set prior to comencement.

Interview Questions

• Questions are asked about a situation when one has demonstrated the competency in question.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in January 2014.

Interview

Very sloppy, never returned calls, wait long time for receiving emails. I had refund fees when driving to the locations. When there I had to wait more than usual to get into the room and starting the interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

2 interviews; one is with the line manager, another with HR. Mainly competence based, but also a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you encountered different objectives from client and how did you manage   Answer Question

Location - not in central London; salary - not matching my expectations

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Online application followed up with phone call for interview. First interview was on functional aspects of the position, interviewed by two current departmental managers. Good overview of the position was given, followed by candidate's introduction. They had their boxes to tick, so had to answer standard questions related to the position. Second interview was with one departmental manager and HR Business partner, which included leadership questions. Process also included an online numerical , verbal & psychometric assessment.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but in the case study appears recruiters are required to look out for specific responses they are not concerned on how the candidate phrases it.
      Felt some questions on networking were too vaguely defined, resulting in inability to narrow responses to clarity.
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP in August 2011.

Interview

Competency based interview, with a panel comprised of 3 people - a HR / Resource person, a Senior Manager and the position hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Asking about Commercial acumen and how I would demonstrate this from my past experiences   1 Answer