BP Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 25, 2017

3.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a brief one on one with the underdog in the stock room. She explained all the ins and ours then asked when I could start as they were desperate. I now know why and it's because if someone doesn't pay for fuel (drives off) it gets took out of your wages and it's an absolute disgrace. It was pointless picking up my wages most of the time. I stayed for 4 months then left.

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Stages include online application, ability tests, situational judgment, technical interview and assessment center. I applied in December and had AC in February. My main hint would be to really tailor the answers in the application form to BP values and skills they are looking for. The process is fairly quick, recruitment team is responsive.

Interview Questions

• During the technical interview I had to give examples of possible HR issues to be considering when opening new BP operations   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I was interviewed by two BP chartered engineers at one of their UK offices. The interview began with self-introduction, followed by 10-15 minutes of questions regarding my 'relation' with engineering in general. This included questions of the kind "what subjects I like at university and why?", and some questions asking me to elaborate on my previous engineering work experience. After this followed the main part of the interview: questions about two engineering scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Scenario 1: Motor-to-gearbox-to-compressor transmission. Example: what could be the reasons for excess vibrations?   Answer Question
    • Scenario 2: Cooler/Heat exchanger. Example: reasons for why the exchanger might be under-performing?   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process from initial application to receiving and offer took two and a half months.
    1. Online application form

2. Online numerical and verbal reasoning tests

3. Telephone interview (competency based)
    This lasted for approximately half an hour and focused on examples of when you have displayed BP values through academic/work/extra curricular activities. This is also an opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm for BP and your chosen discipline.

4. Technical interview
    This was based around two case study scenarios that look at your transferable skills. It pushes you outside of your comfort zone but is an excellent insight into the type of roles you may be involved in if successful in gaining a place on the scheme

5. Assessment Centre
    Lasts for approximately five hours and involves two group exercises and an individual exercise. The day was actually enjoyable and once again a great insight into how you will be expected to work together as a team at BP.

6. Feedback
    Everyone is offered feedback whether or not you receive an offer. Definitely book on to a feedback session, it is an excellent way to further personal development.

IST Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial competency telephone interview by the HR, on-site technical interview by one representative from the commercial and one from trading, and final round AC. No prior technical knowledge is assumed and the interviews/case studies are very interesting. The case studies requires candidates to think broadly and logically. It is also important to know BP's core values.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an invitation for interview 4 days after that. All the process of applying for this job has been done online. it was very easy and straight forward

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this role?   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a technical interview a few months after my telephone interview. Shortly got an assessment center after that. They have sites all over the UK where they hold interviews, alert them to what is most convenient for you. They changed mine from Aberdeen to Sunbury as it was closer for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a broken heat exchanger and how to fix it   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Application form, followed by Situational Judgement Questionnaire and Numerical/Verbal test. Numerical test was one of the easier ones I've done. Hard to know what is wanted in the situational judgement questionnaire. The questions make you order situations for how likely you'd be to respond in a different way. Sometimes all the answers are positive things.

IST Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Application Form & Situational Judgement Test
    2. Psychometric Tests (BP uses the Seville Consulting tests)
    3. Telephone Interview - Average, partly motivational and partly competency based. See below some of the questions.
    4. Technical Interview - This was divided into two parts: a motivational and competency interview lasting 20 minutes with an HR manager, and a technical one led by a Senior Analyst. This involved a series of questions based on a scenario where BP is providing energy for two different countries. You will have to analyse the flows between the countries (no worries, it is just additions and subtractions) and then you will have to analyse the factors (political, reputational, economic, viability) determining the decision of providing gas to a third country which has political controversy with one of the other countries.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you: showed organisational skills, Influencing skills, Team-working skills, you had to consider a variety of options.   Answer Question

Commercial IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview which lasted around half an hour after completing some online testing. I then interviewed in Canary Wharf in London. The day started with a motivational/competency interview lasting around 30 minutes, and then I had a technical interview in the afternoon which was case study based, this lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have had to deal with conflict with a team member   Answer Question