BP Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.2

224 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Role UK Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Lengthly online application, standard graduate online tests then a telephone interview. I was then informed there would be a technical interview followed by an assessment centre. I had the option to have my telephone interview on a Sunday which was really helpful.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)).

Interview

45 minutes competency telephone interview as part of application process for summer internship. You need to know the company's values and know the job description well. Also make sure you can give an example for your skills from previous experiences and example for applying the company's values from previous experiences.

Graduate HSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and subsequently referred to situational judgement tests which were fairly straightforward. Application questions were based on past experiences and how you could apply them to BP. For the SJT, although it is not timed, they suggest spending approximately 30 minutes to answer all questions.

Interview Questions

• Give examples past experiences related to the job and the skills applied.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship at BP for 2018. First I took a set of tests, followed by a situational judgement test and then a telephone interview. I am yet to receive further correspondence.

EngineeringPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview:
    1) Asks me about my motivations - Why BP? Why Engineering?
    2) About skills - when I've seeked help of others to achieve a goal
     - Planning and organising skills
    - What I've done to gain skills and my own personal development
    - Achieved something
    3)Logistical questions - What time of Engineering?

GRADUATE Procurement and Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online submitting my motivation for applying, then I had to do situational judgment test, I passed this and then was invited to do a numerical test.
    Then I was invited to a telephone interview.
    Interview lasted around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about working within the industry/BP (ENERGY) ?
      Why do you want to work in this area?
      Used 2 of their 5 values (one team & excellence) and asked me to tell them a time when I displayed that value.
      Asked about a weakness of mine and then asked how I have worked on that?
      Other questions asked depending on my answers.   Answer Question

Scholarship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I was invited to a face to face interview in my university. It lasted around 30 minutes. I was asked typical questions which require me to use the star technique. They also provided feedback via phone call on my application

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Applied in August, they rang me one day (October) arranging an interview, they asked me questions from a booklet which one person was writing my responses. Thought it went well, took about 40mins, they also explained more about the role and the duties you have, health and safety equipment they provide, receiving deliveries, baking food for the café for next shift, cleaning customer and staff toilet, cleaning, checking dates on items, serving customers, putting stock on shelves

Interview Questions

• why bp   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question
    • what is good customer service   Answer Question
    • describe a time you did something wrong and how did you ensure not to do it again (something along those lines)   Answer Question
    • what would you do if a colleague was mopping but didn't put the wet floor sign on floor, theres a queue of customers, what would you say to colleague and customers   Answer Question
    • what skills do you have   Answer Question
    • why is team work important   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Booking interviews and assessment centres are all done online and are fairly straightforward. Began with a competency interview with a member of HR then a technical interview. The technical interview was based on a scenario and they asked market-related questions. The final round was an assessment centre where there both group projects and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What factors would affect a specific commodity (e.g natural gas)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cockfosters, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Cockfosters, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within less than an hour, I was told to select a time for a phone interview which gave me the opportunity to have the call within one day (no other dates were available). I selected my time and I just got off the phone with the man. He asked me questions about myself and good customer service and bad. After I answered all the questions he told me I was successful and wanted to know if I could have another interview in person and he'd call me tomorrow to arrange a date and time... Less than 15 minutes ago I received an email saying I was unsuccessful. Not annoyed that I didn't get the job, I'm just frustrated that the man built my hopes up and it ended up being a lie.