BSI America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BSI America

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BSI America (Reston, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a three stage interview. The first was a phone interview with a HR representative, she was warm and professional. The next stage was a phone interview (2 days later) with the hiring manager, he seemed cordial and gregarious.

The same day that I had the phone interview with the hiring manager, the HR rep called me and asked me to come in for an in person interview the following week. The in person interview took a total of 2 hours. I met with the hiring manager for an hour and I asked about the interview process, and he told me the next phase was for the candidate to come in and meet with the department VP. It sounded like that would happen that next week. I met with a senior member of the department next for 30 minutes and 2 other department employees for 30 minutes. At the end of these interviews, the HR rep came in to introduce herself and asked if I was still interested in the position and I told her that I was.

It has now been a little over 2 weeks with no contact from HR or anyone else at the company. IMO that is a clear sign I did not get the job. I understand that it is not pleasant to deliver "bad news" but after spending a 2 hours of my time at their offices, it is extremely unprofessional that I was not notified.

It has now been over

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a specific example of how use a process that was new to market.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BSI America.

Interview

It was a long process. I had 7 interviews with 6 different people. They were however mostly the same types of questions just asked from different people. Nothing too drastically different. Don't remember many behavioral questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BSI America (Reston, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I posted my resume online publicly and BSI contacted me for an interview. Initially, it was just a phone interview with an internal recruiter and she was very nice. She explained what the position entailed and the basic benefits package and what the salary was. Pending I was still interested, she asked me to come in for a formal interview to meet with her, HR, and the CFO. Before I was to go in for my interview she said she would be sending me a background check document via email.... it was sent to me at 8:00pm the night before my interview and that was after I had called her TWICE to remind her to send it. When I went in for my interview she was, again, very nice. The woman from HR was older and more professional and straight to the point with her questions. I really enjoyed meeting the CFO. She delivered exactly what she would be expecting of her assistant and seemed to have a good sense of humor (and an awesome Irish accent). Then, the recruiter came back in and told me the interview process was still ongoing and qualified candidates would be asked to come back in to meet with the CEO the following week. She then told me regardless of their decision, she would CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW. That was a flat-out lie - she is the most unorganized person I have ever met in my life, I don't know how she holds a job. I called back to follow up two weeks later and left a message with HR because she said to "please call me with any questions at all." Never heard back from her either, not even the second time I called her, or when I sent her an email. SIX WEEKS LATER (I kid you not) they called me back and asked me to call them. I called back within MINUTES and no answer, so I left a message. It's been four more weeks and still nothing. Word of advice - do not work for this company. If an interview process can be this unorganized, I can't even imagine what goes on in the office.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions except for misleading me for weeks.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BSI America (Herndon, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Somewhat quick, several phone interviews and a face to face with Commercial Director and Sales mgr. Lunch meeting was face-face which went well. I had read in prep all the negative reviews on this company and they were all true so my expectations were very low and I knew this was a stop gap position at best and more likely a entry level non sales role so I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how good are you at math   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at BSI America (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Process took a long time. Initially interviewed in their old office in Mesa. I was told I'd hear back right away... but kept hearing that the manager is traveling and traveling and etc. I then sent them a 'thank you email but said I moved on'. 8 months later they got a hold of me again and asked if I'd interview again and that the job title and scope has changed and they would send me the new information. No information was sent and nothing in 8 months changed, scope, title, etc. I interviewed that week and they offered me the position a few days after.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational. No real test of my skills or knowledge. They knew they had to hire someone on staff that had my experience so they can publisize it to their clients.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BSI America (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was good. Interviewed with 2 people. Very relaxed and great questions were asked of me. Not sure exactly what the job involved as I was the first person to get the newly created position of HR.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company. We have so many branches and are actually based out of the UK it is hard to get an understanding of what the company is really about. that is all I can actually remember   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. was unemployed at the time

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BSI America.

Interview

For an organization that boasts about setting high standards, BSI America in the Herndon, VA office does not live up to its own expectations with regards to professionalism during the interview process. I had a phone screen with two recruiters and they set me up for an in person interview with the CFO. This CFO cancelled on me in the last minute three times before I finally stopped replying only to be cancelled over and over again- yes that was 3 times. I understand that someone can be a busy executive but it does not give them the right to be so unprofessional and treat people so poorly. It takes a lot to tell your current employer that you will be out of the office on a specific date and to make such arrangements to meet your interviewers. I had to come up with excuses after excuses to my employer that I have to be out of the office just so that I can meet the very self important CFO. When someone treats you poorly during the interview, you can expect to be treated no different if you were desperate enough to take that position. I certainly dodged a bullet there.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BSI America (North Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

I was an employee referral. Received email from recruiter quickly, and he set up a time for a meet and greet phone interview with him. He failed to show up for our meeting. Every time I called him, there was no voicemail...just rang and rang. Finally he called and rescheduled. We met several days later by phone and I was referred to the hiring manager and they set up a Skype interview. That went great. Never heard back from the recruiter, so I contacted him. Surprise, surprise, his out of office said his contract was up. That was the end of the interview process. Just terrible.

Commercial Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BSI America (Herndon, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Highly professional, thorough, and 'top notch' communications. Corporate recruiter Mel Marquez responded to my on-line resume within 1-3 days. We scheduled a 'next day' phone interview which was thorough - both amicable and informative. This was followed by a fairly challenging 1+ hour timed on-line aptitude test. Upon completion, Ms. Marquez scheduled an in-person interview with CEO, CFO, and HR stakeholders. The interview started on-time. I was welcomed by all office staff including Mel. The interview lasted over an hour. I felt that the questions were on point and relevant to position requirements. Equally important, I was able to represent my skills, values, and past successe in full. Mel kept me updated over the next three weeks as candate pool windled to only a couple candidates including an internal candidate. Mel then followed up (this is quite rare and very welcome), with the decision to hire internal candidate. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend bsi to all highly talented candidates. I enjoyed the process. Mel and other executives were highly professional and terrific ambassadors for bsi..

Interview Questions

• Relevant to the position discussed.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BSI America (Herndon, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Greeted by the recruiter and ushered into a conference room where I was grilled but yet not really considered for a job that I could literally do in my sleep.