BSI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BSI Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews; the first was by telephone and was to validate previous experience and salary expectations. The second was in person at the Milton Keynes office. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a business stakeholder - I thoroughly enjoyed the interview, it was very informal but concise and the interviewers were excellent at putting me at ease. The premises are also very impressive. I was subsequently invited to a final stage interview however before this took place they decided not to recruit for this role until next year which was a shame. I would recommend applying for HR roles at BSI.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about leading a global agenda with HR colleagues around the world   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BSI Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very structured. Starts with a less formal 30 minute chat to understand if you have the qualities that they are looking for. Followed by a competency interview and a presentation stage. All interviewers were polite and friendly. Its very clear that BSI have a good structure in place for recruitment and they talk a lot about getting the right people to fit the culture.
    The negative experience is that the interview is very one sided. Its always assumed that the job is right for you and you need to prove to the interviewer why you are right for the role. The role was never sold to me as an interviewee in fact at no time did the interviewer talk about the role or what it included or the company. The only chance to find out more was in the question session at the end which means you need to ask all the right questions to find out more and a lot of them - as they try to adhere to timed slots this is difficult.
    The impression that I was given is that this is a very much a company where the senior managers are seen as the only important ones in the organisation and there is a clear divide. This was backed up by one interviewer telling me that "he didn't get his hands dirty doing anything tactical" It was also stressed a few times that the meeting with the interviewers manager would be tough and a measure of a persons personality.
    Whilst BSI certainly seem to have their recruitment process tied up they seem to have lost the ability to connect with the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deal with a confrontational person and how you overcame this.   Answer Question

PR Executive Interview

Interview

Had to wait forever for a phone interview. It went well and I had very positive impression from the head of department. Then I got called in to meet in person... Until my interview got cancelled last minute because they have decided to make someone else an offer in the meantime. Felt like I was not given an equal chance...

Web Chat Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BSI Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Many stages and different elements. I had to complete a phone interview, 2 assessments, a competency panel interview , a further assessment and a follow up meeting. I felt supported the whole way and was signposted clearly throughout the process.

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BSI Group.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview. It was short and the interviewer asked some CV related questions.

Proceed to second interview. It was a competency based interview by the manager reporting to and another lead manager. Few pages of questions and asked by two managers , asking to provide real life examples or experiences.

An hour full of questions and expected you to answer whilst they jotted them down.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BSI Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was a phone call to review my general resume, previous experience, education and skills. The second stage was face to face in office with sales manager, HR manager and MD.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BSI Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview followed by psychometric testing followed by face to face interview with 3 senior staff members. Very long winded process feedback not given when advised only told hadn't been succesful once I had withdrawn my application. Not great communication or very courteous

Fluescan Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BSI Group (Loughborough, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very Impressed with the process enjoyed the day assessment and the recruitment team, I enjoyed the survival test also meeting new people. I was very happy when I received the call to say I had been successful and was offered the job. I could not wait to get started also to develop as an engineer with training and learning new procedures i would recommend to anyone who gets the chance to take it with both hands.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about BSI   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BSI Group in May 2014.

Interview

cv/ cover letter
    psychometric tests (personality & intelligence)
    phone interview
    Face to face interview with 2 team members - competency based interview as well as questions relating to response provided when asked to complete personality questionnaire

After 2 weeks following the interview process contacted by hiring manager and offered position

Interview Questions

• how do you manage your time when you have different deadlines to meet.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BSI Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

1 interview, which included role play. Was given a script before hand. In a rush to employ as many people to start at the same time, so favoured those with less than a months notice to give. Was replacing people who had been sacked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on wage, although they specified a higher salary was possible dependent on experience, we all had the same basic salary