BT BT Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT BT Graduate Scheme Interview Questions

3.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

Apply on line with CV then Online deductive and inductive tests. Two telephone interviews, both skype. One without video and one with.

Interview Questions

• Explain the benefits of OOP and Agile development   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BT

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Numerical test--Telephone interview--face to face interview, the first round of application was done online, sending out resume, transcripts, and then have to do a numerical test, similar to GMAT Integrated Reasoning. Telephone interview is like a casual chat.

Interview Questions

• Resume related questions. Why do you want to work for BT?   Answer Question

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first stage was an completing an online form, including uploading a CV and cover letter. Next I was invited to complete a Situational Strengths test. I passed this and was told the next stage would be a video interview, however I had to wait for 2 months until I received my invitation.

The video interview was provided through Sonru. You are presented with a question, given a short amount of time to read it and then your answer is recorded. As a result, unlike a traditional, or even a phone or skype interview, there is little feedback from the interviewer during the interview. I was asked a total of 14 questions and the interview lasted 30-40 minutes.

I didn't pass this stage however the next stage would have been an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you were asked to work in an analytical way   1 Answer

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

The assessment center is relatively hard but everyone is very relaxed and helpful. the overall atmosphere is really good and it seemed like a really nice place to work. The assessment day consisted of a business case, a group exercise, a presentation that had to be prepared beforehand and an interview. The interview consisted of competency questions and motivational ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you did something to contribute to a community   Answer Question

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Final day assessment centre: SWOT analysis in 45 mins.
    Group exercise analysing different investment routes for BT to take and must come to a decision together.
    Individual presentation on your values aligned with BT values and BT's path for the future.
    Personal Interview with standard competency questions. They dig quite deep into volunteer work.

Interview Questions

• What volunteer work you have done?   1 Answer

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The company used (Futureboard Consulting) were not very competent. They asked me to take a logic quiz and have the results returned in 2 days time which put me under stress due to it being during my dissertation.

I finished the quiz and was then called the next day to be told to be ready for a Skype interview the next day, for which I had to cancel a meeting with my dissertation supervisor as they did not give me enough notice. The interview however was smooth and had no issues as the lady was very friendly and able to understand the technical answers given during questioning.

After being told I had succeeded at the Skype interview, I was asked to go down to Ipswich in 3 days time for the assessment center, again rather difficult as I was in Dundee at the time and left me little time to book my way down.

On the day of the actual assessment center, I opted for a neat jumper, formal shirt and suit trousers with black shoes as I am sadly one of those people who does not suit a suit. Most of the other candidates came suited and it is expected you come in at least "Business Casual" as I did, so please bear that in mind.

###############################################################################
    =========================================
    NOTE FOR SECURITY BASED APPLICATIONS
    =========================================
    I would also offer that I was applying for a security based role, which involves a background check which is legally required in order to hold clearance. Do not hide any past activity from them and if you do not think you can hold at least an SC level of clearance, also let them know as this can affect your ability to be given an offer.
    ###############################################################################

The actual process involved 4 main exercises, a SWAT analysis, Group discussion, Presentation & a technical interview. The Swat analysis and Group discussion while being business based do test you skills at communication, problem spotting & solving, decision making and prioritisation.

The presentation is to see your understanding of a chosen subject you are given to research and present and how you can sell it and make the company want to follow that vision, following one of the core values of "Change" in the company.

The technical interview was very tough but fair, the questions increased in difficulty to test my knowledge until I had to admit I did not know the subject well enough to answer that question. I was then told that was what they wanted, to see what you did know and to be able to admit when I did not as I overheard some candidates attempted to answer randomly and failed.

Overall the day was enjoyable and I learnt a lot from the experience, as well as the types of people I would be going up against for interviews for similar positions in other companies and the types of questions/assessments they would have.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a home hub router and told you the encryption keys are stored on it, how would you get them onto your machine, without connecting to the device?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain what a Trojan is and how it might affect the company?   1 Answer

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT in January 2015.

Interview

The first stage was a Skype interview. A couple of weeks later I was told that I had got through to the next stage which was a coding exercise. About a week after submitting this I got an email telling me that I had been successful at this stage and I was invited to an assessment. At the same time I was asked to pre prepare a presentation on the opportunities and challenges facing BT.

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied first through the website application, then took a numerical reasoning test, then was given the interview. It was over Skype, done via Futureboard, and the woman was very nice. She didn't seem to want to 'catch me out' at all, she was very encouraging and helped me answer questions I didn't immediately have answers for. No offer yet, I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Who are BT's major competitors, what does BT do, what do you think about their core values, why BT, etc. Then stuff like name a time you implemented change, name a time you had to be honest about something.   Answer Question

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Initial application via website, with questions to be answered and submission of CV. Upon a positive answer, I moved on to online tests (not hard, within mathematics, logic, etc). Then I was invited for a phone interview. I found this part of the process very bad. The interviewer read the questions as robot, there was no interaction whatsoever! It would be the same as answering to a machine. He had no answers to my questions and finally said he could not give me an estimate time of contact for the Assessment Centre. In the first two weeks BT sent me e-mails reassuring they would contact soon. They actually sent the same e-mail a couple of times and later excused themselves for sending repeated e-mails. Very poor communication. After many mails in the initial two weeks, they just stopped sending anything.
    Finally, after more than a month (around 6 weeks), I got a positive answer and was invited to the Assessment Centre, which would take place in less than a week. I find this disrespectful with candidates who apply from abroad, as travelling costs are high. By then, I was no longer interested in the position and politely reclined. One week later they sent me an e-mail saying that they were sorry but I was not invited to the Assessment Centre. I nearly laughed... They have such a bad communication system, I can't understand how a telecom company can make such rookie mistakes.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. Just got asked about the future challenges of the telecom business, how to improve BT products, etc.. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

The process in itself is very poorly managed. They take several weeks to invite to further steps, miscommunicate a lot and do not care about the interviewee at all.

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Applied online, 2 short "essays" (300 words each) - that was the hardest thing to do - if you can call it that way.
    1.motivation for the role
    2.passion in technology

after a few weeks they invited me to as skype interview with basic questions:
    why us
    what do you know about us
    about our products
    where do you see yourself in few years time
    give example of : teamwork, leadership, commitment

Interview Questions

• Technical questions may vary from field to field, I was applying for a software developer position so I got a few questions which I answered pretty good but all questions are quite hard.   Answer Question