BT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was not bad, average.Took 1 hour as overall interview. going over technical stuffs mentioned in the resume.Then general questions about production support, handling number of projects and dealing with updates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty informal, to the extent an interview can be. Was interviewed by two Managing Consultants and a technical interview with a senior consultant. General questions on background, areas covered in past jobs and some in-depth technical questions on specific technologies.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to submit your application to BT?   Answer Question
    • Q: From all of your experience, what was the most interesting aspect of your prior jobs?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT in January 2015.

Interview

All basic questions were asked. Manager was professional and made the whole procedure smooth. In total there were 3 rounds and all the rounds went smoothly. Final offer was made after 3 weeks of the interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT in December 2016.

Interview

The interview can be best described as repulsive. There was a sense of arrogance in which the interview was conducted. There was no desire to move towards candidate's strong areas but the interviewers seemed to be stuck with the set of questions they had prepared before hand. Most of the questions were theoretic and had nothing to do with practical scenarios. One of the interviewers had no knowledge of the framework I had worked on and was interested in so he just continued with his questions in the technology he was comfortable with.

In case you re planning to attend the interview just Google questions for whichever technology you are attending and cram all the answers given on those forums. This should more than suffice for the BT interview.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between null and undefined ?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Telephonic screening by HR asking some technical questions related to the position. Around 5 questions were asked. I answered all of them correctly. Then a Telephonic technical interview was arranged after 2 days. It went for around 1 hr. A face to face interview was arranged. Surprisingly a written test was conducted on that day. I cleared it and appeared for F2F discussion and it was a panel interview. The duration was about 1 hr. After few days I was notified that I cleared the interview and appeared for HR interview at the last which was telephonic interview from KL. Offer letter was released after 1 week. A lengthy screening though.

Interview Questions

• Questions on advanced Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and Java. Behavioral questions. Tested on team management skills, stress interview etc.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT in September 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the direct agent to start the phone interview. A long interview process as there was a hiring freeze after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions that were relevant to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate hard over as money was not the major issue for me.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Be to the point with no hairy fairy blah blah bs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Courbevoie (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT (Courbevoie (France)) in July 2016.

Interview

Premier entretien téléphonique avec un recruteur basé à Londres, entièrement en anglais, suivi rapidement d'un RDV avec l'opérationnel. L'entretien dépend de l'opérationnel et de sa capacité à mener un entretien et à lire entre les lignes. C'est d'ailleurs un bon critère pour juger soi-même du futur manager (finesse de jugement, qualité du contact humain, ouverture). Le déroulement du recrutement dépend également de la tension du marché.

Interview Questions

• Questions standard opérationnelles pour vérifier l'expérience présentée, pas de questions archaïques RH de type "qualités et défauts". Si les questions tombent sur une expérience récente réussie encore fraîche en mémoire, il n'y a pas de difficulté particulière.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aucune négociation nécessaire. Les exigences de départ ont été comprises et ils ont fait une proposition certes inférieure, mais qui restait honnête pour le marché. Il est toujours possible de se comporter en mercenaire cynique et grappiller plus, mais la future relation avec son employeur passe par la capacité à faire des compromis. Cela se juge dès la phase de recrutement.