BT Customer Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Customer Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.6

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Application form online, telephone interview, assessment centre.

Can I start by saying what an unprofessional company. I emailed them 5 times both the main mail box and the recruitment manager but they didn't bother to reply to any of them. I was chasing a date for the assessment centre as I had been told I'd been invited to it about a month before hand.

You get taken in a room and watch a couple of bt videos. Then you do a group exercise which lasts around 20 mins followed by role play.

The person who carried out my role play was not even part of the recruitment team. It was obvious that he didn't know what he was doing and was just filling in for someone else. He was constantly checking his phone while doing the exercise and was not interested in anything I had to say.

He Also carried out the interview and was much the same, not listening and checking his phone, he just wrote the odd word down.

Do not ask any questions when they ask if you have any, they were obviously put out by anyone asking them anything.

You also do some call listening and the staff member I sat with told me how much he hated working there and the other members of staff who were sat by also agreed. They said that it was the worst call centre with the worst customers they have ever worked for and dealt with. The first call I listened to was a simple call about payments the second call was the customer swearing at and abusing the agent for 5 mins before hanging up. The agent said that he deals with those calls most of the day.

So all in all a very poor, unfair and uncomfortable experience. Although no job was offered I would have declined it due to the unprofessional recruitment staff and the agents opinions of the roles they are in.

As a final note the gentlemen on reception giving out the security passes was filthy, I have never seen dirtier hands. This was from someone who is meeting and greeting prospective members of staff and visitors to the business. He looked like he hadn't had a bath for months.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the role   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Llanelli, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Llanelli, Wales (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The first online assessment was quite easy as it only asked for a few details. The second part was 3 modules with different aspects of customer service. The best/worst etc.

The phone interview was 3 days later. The lady was very nice on the phone and asked question on previous employment and my availability. Just a few questions as well on how you cope under pressure and how you would make a difficult decision.

The assessment day was 3 hours that included role play, 1 on 1 interviews and also a group discussion. We also had 30 minutes listening to live calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to change the way you work in short notice?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

The day consisted of a:
    welcome presentation
    Ice breaker
    Two role play situations
    Group activity and presenting results
    Shadowing
    Final one to one interview

Overall a very lovely and welcoming team at Warrington. I would recommend, the team are not there to catch you out they simply want you to show off what you know and your skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced a sudden change within the workplace?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BT (Enniskillen, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through manpower - terrible wages considering the job you have to do - always managers reaping the rewards and recognition of the work you do, was promised incentives of being promoted through the company only to find out that after getting promoted within the first three months there was no real further opportunity to move into a different line of work in the company

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT in September 2018.

Interview

Completed online process, passed the situation judgement test. Arranged a telephone interview with them which they failed to even bother to call me for. They also need to email from an email thay can accept replies or answer the number provided when you try and call to find out whats happened.

Interview Questions

• I wish I got any questions. They failed to bother to call me.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Liverpool, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a phone interview. That took about 20 mins. Afterwards I was told straight away that I passed.

I was then told that the next face to face interview day isn’t scheduled yet so she would let me know. A week passed by and I heard nothing...

Because of this is called up and asked if they had an interview day and hey presto! They had one (good job I called) so I booked myself on that. This was 2 weeks from the booking date which was time consuming.

On the day I turned up early and was one of 8 candidates. Four of which didn’t bother to turn up. I spend 2 and a half hours getting there for 8:45am in rush hour from a location much further away. I was also forced to use the NCP next door as there’s no parking on site (£14 for 3 hours)

So we wait for the late comers but don’t show up. Get a presentation from a woman and then get told to conduct a group task. We worked well as a group and made the right decisions.

After this was a role play exercise. We where told to read a brief and the interviewer would be the customer. I was given 5 mins and a manager came in who looked and acted like he really didn’t want to be there. No eye contact, no greeting, just sat down and went right into it.

I feel I aced the role play giving all the correct responses as per the brief.

I was then told to go into an interview face to face with a woman who was a manager who seemed nice at first but then turned a bit for some reason. I answered all her questions honestly and similar answers to the phone interview... She said well done and we went for a group tour around the building.

Two days went by and I didn’t hear anything. Yesterday I got a poxy little email telling me I haven’t been successful and thanks for applying...

A process that took 4 weeks and the effort I made I was very much surprised I wasent chosen. The three others where girls whose face obviously fit. One being friends with one of the managers.

Overall the experience was stressful and I found the level of respect wasent there. The managers didn’t treat me very well and I felt I just didn’t have the face that fit therefore I was simply sent a lovely email telling me I’ve not been chosen....

Thanks for reading!

Interview Questions

• What was somthing you did that you are proud of?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you’ve had to prioritise?   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gosforth, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Gosforth, North East England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online form online assessment phone interview group assessment
    Arrived at group assessment there was seven of us myself two ladies and four young girls and this is where problem started male manager only made eye contact with young ladies and more or less ignored myself.We had icebreaker BT overview walk round of building then we were meant to buddy up with BT employee but manager said he had no head sets for us to listen to calls.then finally a group task again manager concentrated on young ladies ignoring my self again.
    All in all very poor experience

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

why do you wanna join BT, what do you like about BT

2.describe a time when you have had to be innovative, what problems did you face, how did you deal with them, who helped you, what was the outcome

3. describe a time where you have come up with a cost-cutting solution, what problems did you face, what was the outcome.

4. describe a time where you had to strive to achieve an aim, what problems did you face, how did you go about it, what did you learn.

and talk slow because they type responses as if they've never used a computer lol.