BT Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.9

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontypridd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BT (Pontypridd, Wales (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on the Monday had a phone interview 3 hours later and was then asked to come to an assessment day (which was yesterday) had an email this morning saying I was successful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Took part in a group interview, 3 girls and 3 boys. First, we all introduced ourselves and said a little bit about ourselves. We then had to give a presentation to one of the managers that we had been asked to prepare before our interview. After that, some of us went for our one-to-one interview, and some of us went and sat with a employee and listened in on a couple of customer calls.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with change?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, casual approach. warm and friendly interviewers of which there were three. interview lasted around 30 minutes but was not intimidating or uptight in anyway. Good environment. no technical questions. explained the job description thoroughly.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed a few tests. Then came the telephone interview, then the assessment day. The assessment day was very professional yet relaxed, we introduced ourselves, listened in on some calls then discussed them, then completed a group task of prioritising calls, 24 hours later I received the call that I was successful:)

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, rang me for a telephone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I was then invited for an assessment centre which last 4 and a half hours, we have to do a few different tasks.

Interview Questions

• What was the last lie you told?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rang me the day after assessment centre and offered me the job, a few pre employment checks to do online and access NI

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is in three stages. First a set of listening exercises and exercises intended to rate your attention to detail. This happens on their website when you apply. If they like your answers then you get to stage 2.

Stage 2 is a telephone interview. It's a few basic questions such as why you want to work for BT, why should they hire you, what is your experience etc.

Finally they'll book you in for an assessment which is basically a group interview in multiple parts. This took me a while to get in as they were waiting for available slots.

The stages are are:

- Icebreaker - State something about yourself, and go through your recent employment history. The interviewer will ask questions prompting you to show how your experience in that role is relevant to this one. He'll ask you about challenges etc. He'll also ask who you'd invite to a dinner party and why.

- Group Exercise - You're given a list of 5 calls and you have to order them by priority, These are things like calling back a vulnerable customer's next of kin because their phone service has been cut off, calling a customer threatening to leave etc
    You do this individually first then in a group and compare answers.

- Interview - While half of you are doing the group exercise, the others are taken down to the call floor to be interviewed. Pretty standard questions such as how you'd deal with a dissatisfied customer, what your experience is, what you've found difficult or challenging etc.

- Listening to calls - You'll listen to calls and be asked about what you learned when you get back to the classroom. The interviewer will ask what you'd do differently.

- Questions and answers - This is where you get to ask questions and learn about the shifts, benefits etc.

Overall it was a pretty good experience. It gave you a good idea of how the company worked and what their expectations were.

One thing I'd say is that the interviewer I had seemed very unforgiving. When he was asking about your relevant experience and what you'd do differently he did it in a very stern, almost accusatory way. I suspect this is because he wanted to gauge reactions as the position I was interviewing for was Retentions.

I did not get the job but I would have turned it down anyway. The shifts were a mix of lates and earlies in the same week with no consecutive days off.
    The actual job seemed like it would be a bit soul-destroying, talking to angry and confused customers all day too.

Finally it states on the invitation email that a £25 Disclosure Scotland check is required as well.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face in your current/previous role?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Accrington, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online tests then assessment day . Lasted 3 to 4 hours . Ice breaker,presentation and interview. BT 's expectations are very high . I think you need to be naturally a loud person who can sell yourself . Not for the soft hearted!

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple and efficient interview process, felt at ease the entire time. Felt informal and relaxed. Very highly recommended. Never felt uncomfortable during the process at all. Seemed to be too easy; thought they were perhaps trying to catch me out but evidently not, all very simple and it was a pleasure to be a part of.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

You start by applying online; BT has outsourced its CSA recruitment to Manpower, so they handle most of the actual process. After a quick box-checking session and putting in some basic info, Manpower/BT will get in touch for the next step, which is a series of tests. These tests involve inputting data at speed while pre-recorded customers "speak" to you, and a couple of others, along with 130-ish personality-based statements you have to agree/disagree with.

Should you be what they're looking for, you're then told you would be contacted to arrange a phone interview; this will happen in their time, and instead of arranging a timeslot they'll ask if you can do it there and then (I did mine at 9am on a Saturday, which apparently Manpower/BT think is appropriate). If you're successful there, you're invited to the BT facility you applied to work at for an "assessment centre".

The assessment centre is like a group interview without any actual bite. The icebreaker session lasts far too long, because Manpower and BT want to know your full working history and will ask you questions related to that (and, by the way, if you have a degree you might as well forget it). The manager from BT, who was in attendance, didn't really seem to care -- her response to "what's the best thing about working here?" was "job security", which came across as "I work here because it's a job I can't really get sacked from".

You're then taken to the floor to listen in to some calls, asking questions from the CSA when you can -- you're then asked to walk the rep from Manpower and the rep from BT what happened, and whether you'd have done anything differently.

Finally, there's a group task -- a "lost at sea" exercise, which seems like it's mostly there to kill time rather than gauge any of your qualities.

The people who were with me on the assessment day were all lovely; they were all hard-working, enthusiastic people who could do great things at the company, and I hope some of them do/have. But when BT/Manpower go along the application process with a heap of apathy, right from the telephone interview to the assessment centre, I'm kind of glad I didn't get an offer.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

*glassdoor timed out my session - wrote a very long description*

Overall I was highly dissatisfied with the process. It was a very disorganised assessment and I had to leave early as a result. I've never had to leave an assessment early. Many candidates also expressed their confusion of the process.

Interview Questions

• Employment history
      Why BT
      Who would you invite for a dinner party and what would you cook?   Answer Question