BT Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Interview

Group ice breaker to start, name, current role, why BT. Followed by asking who I would want to take to dinner alive or dead and why. Bizarre question but OK.

The group is then split and half ha a face to face interview and the other listened to a couple of calls then groups switched places.

Interview was conducting professionally the interviewing manager made me feel at ease immediately.
Once the interview was done everyone went back to the main training room for a final group exercise to place five calls into a priority order then your list is discussed as a group to form a consensus.

That was it. All done.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you received poor service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was a telephone interview asking very simple questions, such as why you would like to work for BT.

The next stage was an assessment day where they begin telling you a little about BT, followed by an ice breaker.

In the ice breaker, they asked us to introduce ourselves along with answering if we had to invite two people to a dinner party, who would we invite and why.

The next part of the assessment they showed us a video about people who worked in the office and what their personal experiences have been like working with BT, pay close attention as they ask you what you learned from the video and randomly ask why a selected person from the video enjoys working for BT.

The next stage is a one to one interview, ( in my case, we were running behind schedule and had to answer interview questions individually in front of the group). They ask you where you have previously worked for the last few years and why you want to work for BT, they ask you different types of questions depending where you have worked (e.g. an individual had been previously been working in security for the last few years, they asked why the position would suit him and what he could offer.) This is mainly based around previous experience and what type of experience/values you can bring to the role.

Next part of the assessment was pairing up with people who are already doing the job and listening in to calls, understanding how the role works and what type of situations you would have to deal with on a day to day basis, this lasts around 15-20mins. You are then asked what you experienced from the calls and if there is anything you would change if you was the advisor. (In my case, i explained the type of call i had and honestly could not improve on anything.)

The final part of the assessment is a list of 5 different scenarios, you are asked to put them in order from 1-5 in highest priority if you were working and had to call each customer back, once you have done this you are asked as an entire group to to speak with one and other as to why you put each scenario 1-5 and collectively order them 1-5 again. This is a great exercise to voice your opinion and really show your customer service skills, as each scenario is important but you need to consider why. Once you are done you are asked to share your answers with the assessors and explain why, as they have each chosen what would be their priorities.

You then have an option to ask anything that you like and they explain what shift patterns would be if you are successful. I was contacted within 3 days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gosforth, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BT (Gosforth, North East England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy , Slow Paced, Friendly, they are very professional and efficient when they are interviewing. The team are very open when it comes to questioning and don't put any pressure on you to answer questions

Interview Questions

• Name your strengths
      name your weaknessed
      competence based questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Pathetic and far too long process to interview. I clearly had far more personality and experience than anyone there and the group presentation was ridiculous as I was put with two boys who didn’t hardly speak so they couldn’t have possibly graded me on that. The individual role play calls were very childish, given a booklet with all the notes so you basically knew what to say and the interview at the end I used the STAR principal to all the questions and gave perfect examples of my past experiences. There is no way that they wouldn’t have chosen me. Clearly favoured was the person who’s sister already works there. Very bad, extremely unprofessional experience, I would not recommend it to anyone. These people don’t care about your experience or even your personality, it seems they want very basic individuals with absolutely nothing to offer to do the most mundane job on earth.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds.
    First round was HR, second was MCQ test, typing test and final round was Operations round.
    It was a positive experience as the HR was helpful.
    The interview process took the whole day but I got the results on the same day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a short telephone interview, then a one to one interview which involved a spelling test (circle correct spelled word - some can catch you out) and a couple of competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you delivered great customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT in January 2008.

Interview

the interview was conducted by the employment agency (Manpower). Very simple and very informal. There was a brief ?q and numerical test (very basic) and personality test which was followed up by an one to one interview. Questions included why I was interested in the job, discussions about past experiences, my educational background. I was then questioned on my knowledge on bt values. Very crucial point as everyone interviewed will be questioned on bt values and information regarding this is available on the bt website. I was then interviewed by a team manager and was offered the job same day later on as they needed urgent staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation as salary was fixed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Oakham, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Initial screening my interview, which was
    asking if you have any unspent convictions, are you able to commute, and can you commit to the hours etc. If you pass that then you are put forward for a 40 minute telephone interview, then if successful you are invited to the assessment day. Have a professional manner on the phone at all times, as it is a telephone job. For the telephone interview, be very prepared, as if you haven’t prepared it will show. They want you to do well, my interviewer was fantastic. BT use the STAR technique for interviews, so research this and relate it to customer service. I prepared for at least 2 hours before telephone
    interview and passed. Very impressed with BT, compared to some companies, very professional and slick recruiting process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2016.
    Phone interview
    1:1
    Assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you successfully faced?   Answer Question