BT Graduate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Graduate Program Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. After the initial application form I was invited to do an online numeric reasoning test. This was followed by a fairly straightforward phone interview with behavioral questions. You have to show to the HR that you have teamwork & leadership skills, and that you are a change agent, which is very suitable for the company's culture. Another skill to mention is that you have customer service skills, as this job is basically customer oriented.

After 3 days, I received an email saying that I am to enter BT's final process, the assessment center. That's fast. However, I have been waiting for 2 month for a HR to notify me about the time, however, there is no contact at all. I have tried to email them, asking about the process. The London office just replied that the HR will get in contact when he/she is ready. Yesterday, I received a miscall from Taxes, leaving me a voicemail saying that the position is filled. My complaint is that, if I am to be rejected, why do they wait until 2 months later?

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Online followed by interview. If qualified, called for a assessment centre for full day process including GD, Case study, PI. The process is long and hectic. After the assessment centre, the selcted candidates need to interview wooth the MD of the country they are applying to.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (Milan (Italy)) in March 2015.

Interview

First of all, in order to give you the whole picture, I did apply for a British Telecom Graduate Program to be held in Italy; I guess that the candidates selection may be subjected to some changes depending on the Country in which the job positions are available.

Anyway, the job interview was actually composed by several steps:

1) Screening of the candidates' resumes sent to British Telecom via internet (in my specific case, I did apply via my University career placement website to a specific job announcement).

2) The best profiles resulting from the previous screening were admitted to a 2-hours meeting, held by three senior BT employees, aimed to explain to the candidates the job descriptions and the profiles the Company was looking for.

3) Following step # 2, BT's HR Department did ask to the candidates to answer to a brief questionnaire (written in English) aimed to both assess the candidate's language proficiency and the motivation, interest and passion the person had in applying for a BT Graduate Program.

4) BT did select the best profiles to attend a 4-hours long meeting with senior employees. Different tasks were given to the candidates in order to evaluate their attitudes in being leaders/"listeners/team workers; this assessment did consist in solving different case studies covering different matters such as marketing campaign to be planned, budget assignments, Sales strategies to be put into practice.
    An English-proficiency assessment was held too, with the senior BT employees asking to the candidates to talk about themselves, their previous working/academic/life experiences: this exercise was a way to evaluate the candidates' public speaking and summarizing skills too.

5) Following step # 4, the best candidates were selected to answer to an online questionnaire covering the Logical/Mathematics field, as well as some questions concerning Economics topics; all of these questions were based on short case studies.

6) A further step, a short (15 mins circa) job interview via phone held in English had the goal to assess the candidate's English proficiency and evaluate his/her motivation and passion for British Telecom and the job position he/she was applying to.

7) The last step did consist in a 1-day assessment, in some ways similar to the step # 4, after which the best candidates were selected to be interviewed by senior BT managers.

My overall experience was highly positive: I really felt in BT a Company that does care about select the best profiles is looking for, not reducing the job assessment by merely select the "the best written resume".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to turn a negative customer experience into a positive one. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT in September 2018.

Interview

online interview as initial stage then invited for video interview.
    waiting for the response for the next stage, (assessment).
    video interview last for 30 minutes.
    video interview was kind of robotic, just like talking to a machine.

Interview Questions

• what are bt values
      why want to join bt
      what is network   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT in October 2017.

Interview

It was the first application I did, the process was fine but the video interview was quite difficult and they didnt give you an feedback after. However, it gave me a good understanding of the application process and I feel I could do better if I tried again now.