BT Graduate Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Graduate Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.7

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BT (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2016.

Interview

Firstly submitted the online application via official website and after 1 month, I received online test invitation. For another 3 weeks, Telephone Interview was required before the assessment center. I was told that only 47% of the candidates can enter telephone interview process and 7% of can enter the assessment center.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Online test (the tests are provided by cut-e), a telephone interview, Skype interview, AC. The telephone interview is competency based but actually it was not that formal. They just go through your CV and ask about question like why BT. The skype interview, they call it technical but actually it is still competency based. Most questions are as same as telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The telephone interview and skype interview are generally same. The questions are about why BT, what do you know about the role you have applied, describe technology trend and some competency based questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

The first step of the hiring process is the CV screening, where candidates are asked to fill in some situational / behavioral questions online about their past experiences, besides providing a presentation of themselves and their resume. Upon passing this step, candidates are sent an online test, which is the usual numerical test where you have to interpret graphs and tables. The only difficult part is the timeframe, as each question (which might not be straightforward at all) has to be answered in approx. one minutes. If they pass this step, candidates are invited to a phone interview, held by a Londinese external agency, that lasts approx. 30 minutes and is based on behavioral questions (e.g. "tell me a case where you showed your ability to overcome this and this obstacle"; "tell me a case of success where you worked in team to solve a problem" etc). The thing I didn't like is the impersonality of the interview: the interviewer speaks in an extremely "mechanical" way, without making any feeling emerge, as she was doing it for the thousandth time in a row and was not even paying attention to what you are saying. You don't have the chance to let emerge your true "nature" as you have to strictly answer her questions and after a minute that you're answering she interrupts you to ask the next question, with this "mechanical" voice and attitude that is pretty annoying.

Interview Questions

• Each question is divided in some sub-questions, e.g. find an example of a situation where you showed this ability. And then: what you found hard; what you found relatively easy; what you could have done differently; what you learnt; what you…. etc.!   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Approached by a recruitment company, I was presenting my paper at a young members technology conference.
    Had a chat over coffee, met a manager for an informal interview the next day, then was invited to an assessment centre the following week. Received a job offer the day after. (This was in November, the programme was starting the following September)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a graduate programme, so assumed salary was set and only golden hello was negotiable