BT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

Backfill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Raritan, NJ).

Interview

Boardroom setting with 2 people in person and one via teleconference. Was very laid back and easy to communicate to those in the room. Wasn't an intimidating environment at all for me.

Senior Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Coppell, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I did a phone screen with HR. Passed it, then face to face in Coppell office with manager. He barely asked any interview techinical questions?? He based wanted me to explain my experience listed on my resume. After that. I was given a quick tour of the facilty. After interview was over, I followed up with an email to the HR Recruiter, and no response. But, initially she pretended like to she was excited to meet me. Even called me back on her Cell Phone to say that she is stepping out, but will be back by the time my interview starts???? Sounded a bit too friendly with someone you never met. :)

Interview Questions

• He asked if I had Polycom Cisco tele video confrencing experience, SCCM, which all was on my resume?? The hiring manager must not have read it..   2 Answers

Client Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BT (Boston, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Responded immediately to a BT job alert that looked like the perfect fit for me. Initial interview over the phone with hiring manager (Spaniard) went great, then quickly had in-person follow-up meeting with 2 reports ( 1 British, 1 American) that I thought went OK, BUT then HUGE delay in getting to next step (actually hoping), because I was advised by HR that 1 of three finalists. After 4.5 months of patiently waiting and occasionally pinging HR contact and being given some sort of reason for continued delay; Sales Kick Off, travel by hiring manager, vacations, I was finally told I a decision was made and it was not me. All I could think of was a) 1 or both of the minions didn't like the way I looked and it was a search for anybody, but me and b.) would have preferred the quick "no" after 2nd interview step. Also, hiring manager did not respond to my 2 thank you notes (after initial call and decision) and I feel that was very unprofessional (expected some 20th century British properness ). The up side: I was told I would be considered for another position. Tally-ho!

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with a very nice H.R. recruiter, who told me that my target rate was "reasonable".

The recruiter immediately set up an on-site interview with me and the hiring manager, which consisted of scripted questions, and lasted an hour.

Later that same week the recruiter called to tell me that the manager was impressed with me and that I had all of the qualifications but, wanted to offer me a few thousand dollars less.

I stood my ground but waited for a response during week 2.

The recruiter emailed me at the beginning of week 2 letting me know that the hiring manager was meeting with their upper manager to try to get a better offer for me, and that he (the recruiter) would get back to me in a few days.

No communication from them during the rest of week 2!

Halfway through week 3, I called the recruiter to get a status on things, and they informed me that the hiring manager suddenly decided to put the position on hold "indefinitely".

(I was told in both interviews that they needed somebody immediately.)

No reason was given except that my target rate was too high (even though it fell on the high end of the range for that position so, they had a budget for my target pay rate).

It is very important to carefully review all aspects of the recruiting process because it's the only time you'll get the best treatment by any company. Once a company hires you, anything goes.

After all was said and done, I found this organization's recruiting tactics (towards the end) unscrupulous. Stringing candidates along by putting a position "on hold" is total malarkey.
    Needless to say, I'm not impressed with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BT (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was a long interview process that started over the phone. Went to an online interview next. Finally you were flown in for a super day that lasted 8 hours. Offer was extended within 48 hours.

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Westminster, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called first prior to scheduling with the hiring manager. Asked about what I know and getting to know my personality, I felt. The process was quick and to the point

Interview Questions

• How much I knew about what BT does as a company and what I feel I would be doing in the position.   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

I was sent a text message from someone at the company saying the pay was $35/hr. I personally don't care for text messages from companies that attempt to schedule interviews, it seems fishy to me.

Immediately after I responded to the text, I was contacted on Google Hangout by Linda J. Sears and it seemed like an automated interview to get personal information from me.

Interview Questions

• *How would you describe your work ethics and are you comfortable with the fact that this is an online/work from home job?

*Have you ever worked from home or online before ?Are you currently employed ?How many hours do you intend to dedicate to this job position daily ?

*What do you Understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations?

*Do you have an idea of how to use MS excel ?What is your highest educational diploma?When did you receive it?

* Job, How do you handle conflict ?Are you taking this as a primary?
      10 mins   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Series of phone / video conference interviews with senior leaders and peers. Pretty straight forward as the position was right in my wheel house. No feeling of "trick" questions and it the questions gave me confidence they understood the consulting model.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most challenging customer engagement and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BT in May 2018.

Interview

Reached out through email everything was done via Google chat. Asked general interview questions. Recruiter was very informative and kind. Informed me they would pay for the equipment for me to work with and get paid direct deposit or check

Interview Questions

• *What do you Understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Home, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (New Home, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

first stage was application then situational strengh test then a video interview. the video interview consists of 5 questions. each lasting 2 mins. tip is to look into camera, be yourself, dont stutter and have some backround knowledge about the company.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in the role   1 Answer
    • skills that will be applicable to this role   Answer Question
    • a challenge that you were faced with and how did you tackle this   Answer Question