BT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Resident Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BT (Westminster, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Short phone screening with an HR representative the day after I submitted my application. This was followed up with an interview with the manager and a meet and greet with the rest of the team, was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous technical troubleshooting experience.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I found the job posted on LinkedIn. Straight forward application process, they ask for your resume, a cover letter and what not and also ask you to answer some questions related to your experience and skills. You have a word limit for each one, I think there were 4 or 5 different questions, so you have to be concise and summarize your important points in a concise manner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to provide high quality customer service.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Interview

Interview and hiring process was professional and fair. General questions regarding experience, qualifications, work habits, growth opportunities, benefits, etc. Interviews were both in person and by phone. Paperwork was involved but process was pretty quick (2 weeks interview to receipt of offer). The company worked to accommodate desired start date.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most challenging experience during your work career?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

The interview was really easy, Manpower gives you a set of questions and one of their conference scripts that you prepare and then call in for ta phone interview that is recorded and sent to BT for review. After that they call you in for an interview in person at the site, Manpower suggests that you do some research about the company. Two managers will interview you and ask questions similar to the ones they asked you on the phone and they ask you what you know about BT. They will give you a chance to ask some questions to which they will give vague answers and depends on what you ask they may lie. Ask them if there is any chance of growth in the company and see what they answer.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to avoid in your next job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a high-pressure situation you had to deal with in your job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most difficult customer service situation you had to deal with. How did you handle it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that required a number of things to be done at the same time. How did you handle it? what challenges did you encounter? What was the resolution to this situation?   Answer Question
    • How would you expect to be trained for this position? What do you think is a reasonable time period in order to perform the job as described (including leading calls)?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty informal, to the extent an interview can be. Was interviewed by two Managing Consultants and a technical interview with a senior consultant. General questions on background, areas covered in past jobs and some in-depth technical questions on specific technologies.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to submit your application to BT?   Answer Question
    • Q: From all of your experience, what was the most interesting aspect of your prior jobs?   1 Answer

Helpdesk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (Westminster, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR recruiter for this position.

The overall interview was brief and straightforward; the interviewers asked some basic technical questions relating to telepresence as would be expected for a support role. A brief tour of the facility was also provided.

I received an initial offer within 24 hours, which I declined. Two weeks later, I received a counter-offer with a higher salary and different job role, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would your current co-workers describe you?   Answer Question
    • What is your previous experience with telepresence or Cisco/Polycom videoconferencing equipment?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. After the initial application form I was invited to do an online numeric reasoning test. This was followed by a fairly straightforward phone interview with behavioral questions. You have to show to the HR that you have teamwork & leadership skills, and that you are a change agent, which is very suitable for the company's culture. Another skill to mention is that you have customer service skills, as this job is basically customer oriented.

After 3 days, I received an email saying that I am to enter BT's final process, the assessment center. That's fast. However, I have been waiting for 2 month for a HR to notify me about the time, however, there is no contact at all. I have tried to email them, asking about the process. The London office just replied that the HR will get in contact when he/she is ready. Yesterday, I received a miscall from Taxes, leaving me a voicemail saying that the position is filled. My complaint is that, if I am to be rejected, why do they wait until 2 months later?

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

The interview process was disturbing. The company specializes in video conferencing but couldn't get the conference video working for the interview. All I had was audio. The person I would be reporting to was on the east coast and I am in Denver.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time" questions. Very scripted and irritating.   Answer Question

HR initially told me the salary range of the position. When they offered it to me it was 15k less than the targeted range. I thought it was insulting and unprofessional.

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Surprisingly easy, if you are recruited by your future manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make sure you know the hiring manager