BT Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process - applied for the job listing, was contacted and had an interview set up - went ahead with interview on a Friday afternoon and heard back on Monday that I was being offered the position

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you have been faced with a problem and how you were able to work things out to make a positive outcome   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted CV, completed online test and had a Skype interview. Online test consisted of reviewing actions in terms of priority in given situations. Skype interview asked many questions about my knowledge of BT itself and a few situational questions.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It started with an phone interview that took close to an hour then a second interview with the hiring manager that was very technical in nature. This was followed by a face to face interview in their office in London. Interview progress was communicated by the recruitment agency. Feedback was provided for each phase of the interview/recruitment process

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two phone interviews. First one was simple, discussed about my experience, and explained about the role and responsibilities. Second phone interview was with another Software Development Manager, very technical.

can you drive a forklift and what category license do you posses

Interview Questions

• What are distributed systems?
      Answer Question
      Design Netflix
      Answer Question
      Talk about Non Relational Databases
      Answer Question   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Group exercise- Choose ideas to help improve BT and its services
    Presentation- BT Send you an Email beforehand telling you you're topic. You then have 10 minutes to explain your idea
     Next you have an interview and are asked more direct and closed questions that an aberahe interview

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

This was an internal promotion, which didn't involve a formal interview process. I had an exploratory conversation via telephone to the hiring manager, which was followed up with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you have shown leadership   1 Answer

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Unpleasant!
    Taken to the Canteen instead of a quiet office
    The HR person came across as rude and unprofessional, with sometimes a show of clenched fists (!!!)
    She spent most of the interview drawing a diagram explaining where the I was applying to department fit within the larger BT group
    She did ask questions on resilience and managing stakeholders
    My application was unsurprisingly rejected with feedback that the interview was flat and that as a candidate lacked "spark"

BT you really need to improve on your customer and interview experiences. Sort our your HR!
    Please teach your gatekeepers how to conduct a professional interview (in a private area rather than a canteen).
    Also teach them what to say when asked to give specific feedback than giving vacuous and unqualified statements. When did "spark", suddenly become a selection criteria?
    The whole experience reflects poorly on your as a company.

MBA Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

The company contacted me when they said they would, and asked typical phone interview questions. These were things like willingness to relocate, why I was interested in BT, etc. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes and went about average, but the interviewer appeared to be in a hurry and no second round interview was given. I believe they had a large number to screen, so that is something to keep in mind - something really needed to stand out about the answers to get selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to influence change in your company.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied through BT website. I was then given a video interview which lasted around 5 minutes. They give you a practise question. Then you get 3 questions - why you wanna work for Openreach? Name a time you used good customer service? Name a weakness about yourself? I passed that and heard back from them about 5 days later saying I had passed. I then picked a date for a open day interview at a depot in Aldershot around a week later.

At the open day I had 11 other people in my group. First we have a induction through PowerPoint. Then we are split into 2 groups. My group is out straight into the practical test. We have to wire 3 circuits. So for example the backs of plugs. Was a little harder than I expected but you get plenty of time. Then onto two 1 on 1 interviews. First one about customer service. Second one was about open reach and the roll also what skills you have. Then we done a maths test and literacy test. Both were harder than I thought but again take your time. Then you leave and are told you will hear back within 5 working days. I didn’t think I done well enough but I heard back the next day. Telling me that I passed the assessment and now I’m waiting for my start date.

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Video Interview - series of 10 pre-recorded questions and approximately 2 to 3 minutes answering time. Questions about BT as a company, and the role I've applied for as well as how I could contribute to the company.