BT Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

BT Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 23, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Excellent, very nice people, very nice environment, excellent location, famous UK brand, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I only wish all the other interviews to have been like this one. Huge company with a familiar feeling, what else could I say to feel these fifty words minimum count 50 words is quite a lot, isn't it fifty already, five tens would be just right by now

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview focused on evidencing capabilities and skills required for the job role. Asked to elaborate on how hypothetical scenarios would be managed and examples of how one has helped deliver change.
    This was a my second interview with BT -- Learned that on this occasion as well, the job went to an internal candidate. Be aware that BT has a substantial 'bench' that can bid for these jobs up until an offer is made to a successful candidate and in which case the external candidate is just a 'benchmark' to place an internal candidate. Unfortunate for candidates like me who have to incur considerable expense to get to the interview (outstation candidate, day off from work) Also, the feedback in this is case likely to be non existent for the external candidate unless they know someone on the 'inside' (as I did, after being unable to get a response from the proper contact)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts between stakeholders and how would you convince then of the need to align to your intentions ?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First skype interview, strength based, general questions. Second technical interview this time, hour long difficult, make sure you go over this page as many come up and search for popular programming interviews

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Cover letter and application, video interview, assessment day.
    Got through to the assessment day, for the date to fall on the day of my masters exam, resulting in them not being able to reschedule and therefore the process being a rather large waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted CV, completed online test and had a Skype interview. Online test consisted of reviewing actions in terms of priority in given situations. Skype interview asked many questions about my knowledge of BT itself and a few situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a recent development in BT that interests you.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Felt like the interview process was very focused on character traits and not enough on competencies.

I believe that a company that wants to keep up with the rapidly changing world of telecoms should consider hiring people with interesting and diverse personalities as opposed to trying really hard to maintain the status quo.

This is the main problem with BT at the moment - they are very much behind when it comes to new technologies, novel ideas, implementing new approaches, pretty much anything that challenges their current way of working. Prepare to either agree with it and sink with the ship or look for a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Mainly 'What would you do if...?' type of questions. Since such fictitious scenarios have little to no context (which would be crucial if you were to make a decision in real life), it's easy to figure out what the interviewer wants to hear. More about ticking boxes than actually getting to know you.   Answer Question

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard application process - online application and tests, video interview and then assessment centre. All really simple and straightforward although the BT assessment centre is challenging. The assessors are the potential recruiters. They will be senior management in different locations around the UK and want to employ somebody that is a good fit for their team.

The assessment centre briefly consists of a group exercise (presentation), one-to-one presentation, interview and then role-play focused on the scheme you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about BT?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i applied online, got an email with link regarding online assessment .the next day i got a call done with the telephone interview ,waiting for the assessment day. I hope i get through the interview.

Business Management Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After application I was given a Video Interview lasting around 30 minutes consisting of question mainly regarding personal experiences. Not long after this I attended an Assessment center which included a group exercise, a presentation and a Face To face interview included similar questions to the video interview along with detailed questions about the company.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview which was set up by one person and then another person did the actual interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and took trouble to put me at ease. There was a mixture of questions including ones about BT and ones about myself. They later provided feedback.

Interview Questions

• Who are BT's main competitors?   1 Answer