BT Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for HR Business Partner - a job I have some 17 years experience in - and received an automated rejection email from BT. Then received an email from their talent coordinator inviting me in to interview for a role that I hadn't even applied for - Org Design Consultant. Queried this and was told they were interviewing for numerous roles so come along and they will decide where I might best fit. Attended interview and was led to a room with a broken light - the interview took place in the dark. The interview discussion itself went well, they told me they had lots of HR roles to fill and were looking to move quickly to get them filled. They ended the interview with them saying they are definitely interested in progressing with me and would I be interested? After a positive discussion I was told I would be contacted early the following week about next steps. I never heard from them again, not even a courtesy 'thanks but no thanks' - which after taking a day off work and attending a face to face interview I think is absolutely appalling. I wouldn't, on principle, want to work for this company now. As someone who works in HR, I know full well how to treat a candidate and this wasn't it.

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Video Interview - series of 10 pre-recorded questions and approximately 2 to 3 minutes answering time. Questions about BT as a company, and the role I've applied for as well as how I could contribute to the company.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stages. Phone interview screening, and then a task/presentation to present back to two interviewers, and answer questions. Some other roles involve an assessment centre, but it depends on the part of the business you're applying for.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Grueling, 4 interview rounds:

1) Phone interview
    2) Test
    3) Case study
    4) Face to face interview discussing whether you are a cultural fit

Tip: Don't try to blag it, you will be found out. Process was very well designed to test your knowledge of Scrum/agile and pragmatically applying it.

Once the process started, extremely quick to get through each round. HR were amazing during the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, BT if anything exceeded my expectations by giving me a really good package which was beyond my initial salary expectations.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process - applied for the job listing, was contacted and had an interview set up - went ahead with interview on a Friday afternoon and heard back on Monday that I was being offered the position

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you have been faced with a problem and how you were able to work things out to make a positive outcome   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very formal, quite critical, didn't get a sense that they are agile as a company. Never got feedback to say I was out of the running. They had been looking for candidates for almost a year. Felt like time wasted to be honest. I certainly did not leave their wanting to be called back, in fact I would not want to work for them.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Group exercise- Choose ideas to help improve BT and its services
    Presentation- BT Send you an Email beforehand telling you you're topic. You then have 10 minutes to explain your idea
     Next you have an interview and are asked more direct and closed questions that an aberahe interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Excellent, very nice people, very nice environment, excellent location, famous UK brand, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I only wish all the other interviews to have been like this one. Huge company with a familiar feeling, what else could I say to feel these fifty words minimum count 50 words is quite a lot, isn't it fifty already, five tens would be just right by now

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview focused on evidencing capabilities and skills required for the job role. Asked to elaborate on how hypothetical scenarios would be managed and examples of how one has helped deliver change.
    This was a my second interview with BT -- Learned that on this occasion as well, the job went to an internal candidate. Be aware that BT has a substantial 'bench' that can bid for these jobs up until an offer is made to a successful candidate and in which case the external candidate is just a 'benchmark' to place an internal candidate. Unfortunate for candidates like me who have to incur considerable expense to get to the interview (outstation candidate, day off from work) Also, the feedback in this is case likely to be non existent for the external candidate unless they know someone on the 'inside' (as I did, after being unable to get a response from the proper contact)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts between stakeholders and how would you convince then of the need to align to your intentions ?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First skype interview, strength based, general questions. Second technical interview this time, hour long difficult, make sure you go over this page as many come up and search for popular programming interviews