BT Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I go the call from some recruitment agency for Face to Face, the position is for AngularJS developer with java knowledge,Questions are based on your CV so prepare your CV accordingly. i was rejected since i was not able to answer all the question.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Oracle and MSsql databses in terms of engines
    Difference between http and https
    Difference between primary key and unique key
    What is http Client?
    why do we need two date classes java.util.date and java.sql.date
    Different ways of creating an object in java
    object oriented java script
    Diff b/w Classnotfound and noclassdeffound
    different types of scopes in jsp
    Explain a scenario of PageScope
    how do we represent multiple primary key column's in a table on hibernate
    how do we create an object in javascript   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First step is the Written test which included mainly Multi Threading Concepts,OOPS concepts.
    Learn Difference Between Interface and Abstract Class thoroughly. 25 questions of Aptitude and 35 questions of Java for 1 hr.Too much hectic questions You must be a Fast thinker to answer those questions.Java plus CAT training will help to get on it.

Interview Questions

• Parent Class method throws illegalMonitorStateExcpetion,Can the child class Overrided method throws RuntimeException?   3 Answers
    • Should abstract class compulsorily posses abstract method?   3 Answers
    • A,B,C,D,E,F are persons of professions 1 lawyer,1 Engineer....Whats the profession of E?
      which one of the following is Couple?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

First round is online test held at BT office. This test is conducted on notepad and all questions are of Objective type. There are total 55 questions(25 Aptitude + 30 Core Java) and each carry 3 marks. There is negative marking for each incorrect answer also. Aptitude questions are of CAT level. I would suggest to attempt only logical reasoning questions(as they can solved easily if you have practiced basics and it doesn't require any knowledge of formulas). Core java questions are of SCJP level and require high concentration and knowledge while answering them. I would recommend to solve all questions of Kathy Sierra and Khalid Mughal books(learn them, not just memorize them). Also try to find online questions on SCJP and solve them.
    Cutoff for Aptitude is 9-12 marks and for Java it is 20-25 marks.
    As questions are typically of high levels, very few candidates go past first round of online test (3 out of 100 on an average).
    Once you qualify the first round, they will send you to another office for face to face interview on same day. Don't expect any mercy in this round thinking that you have already crossed big hurdle of online test. In F2F round, they expect much more and all questions are purposefully asked to trap you later on. Advanced Java concepts and Design Patterns are must.
    Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Q. [ F2F] What is concurrent hash map? Why is it needed when we already have Synchronized hash map?   1 Answer
    • What is Singleton Pattern? Give real time scenarios where we can use them.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

It was a Java interview and the interviewer started asking questions on testing. He then started asking questions on data structures and I answered all the questions. He didn't ask any single Java question.

I guess the interviewer was from testing profile. I felt he was little frustrated. I really doubt about his knowledge, I heard about the interviewer from my friends too. Seriously I feel sorry for those guys who are working under him.

Interview Questions

• Explain white box testing and black box testing.
      Explain cyclomatic complexity.
      BST and some data structures questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

The interview was a standard one where a written test was conducted first, followed by a face to face interview. The questions asked in the written test were good. They were designed to test the mettle and analytical skills of the candidates. The process was quick overall, with the PI being held quickly afterwards. The interviewer was good enough to point out the job requirements and what was expected of the candidate.
    Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your stack? What have you worked upon and how do you think your skills would be relevant here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was tough. First round is screening round. I have applied via staffing agency.

1) 25 questions for aptitude(25 mins)
    2) 35 java questions(90% of them were inheritance and multithreading related)

The aptitude was very tough and its was the level of CAT. We have provided with a TAB where we have to take online test. They have 50 tabs only so others candidate have to wait for their turn. Might take 2+ hours.

Very difficult aptitude and tough java question.

Waiting for my result.

Interview Questions

• collaboration in java, mutithreading programming output, many java programs just we need to give output. Negative mark also there   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellandur (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BT (Bellandur (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

I have applied through a staffing agency at there bellandur office a Eco-Space in Bangalore . The process took three days . I was told that there is total 4 rounds .

1. First round consists of an MCQ test . It's having 20 questions each having 1 marks. , time - 40 mins.
    the questions are quite easy based on basic concepts of string , multithreading , inheritance . In some questions they asked about the possible output of a program.

cut off marks were 10 out of 20.

2. second round was F2F . I'm still waiting for the result of the second round .

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically conceptual from core java.
      1. What is jvm , jre
      2.what version of java you use.
      3.what all company jdks are available in market currently.
      4. what is garbage collection.
      5.what happens when we compile a .java file and how that .class file gets created.
      6. is there any jdk / jvm / jre installed in the appserver.
      7. You can see a switchboard in front of your eyes - could you please explain java encapsulation to a non-technical person who doesn't know about class and object.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round was technical, question will be from ur resume,basic testing and automation question.NOt too tough.second round was telephonic after 2 days.Question will be mainly about ur attitude and way towards work.will look ur confidence level. Now waiting for their response.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview taken was really good, but was not in line with the project work. Do clarify yourself about exact project Roles and Responsibility during interview. You may not get to work on whatever was asked in interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Process started with a Skype interview which was based on strengths and no technical questions. After passing I was given an ambiguous coding challenge which was then used at the assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of multiple challenges and interviews with different people such as a technical interview, strength based interview, a group exercise and a logic based psychometric test.