BT Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BT Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BT in January 2011.

Interview

referred by employee. group interviewed and then phone interviewed

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT in September 2013.

Interview

Well planned interview, The interview was completed within a single day with 5rounds, 3 Technical and 1 Management and 1 HR.
    Question were focussed on Core DB Concepts and difficulty rises as you move on.
    It started with basic queries on joins, analytic function and ending with Performance engineering.

Interview Questions

• End to End behaviour while executing of a SQL query   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Interviewed by a very experienced lady who has been programming for many years. The whole process went through very well and covered a lot part of the software engineering role. From many tiny questions like testing process all the way to way of problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important in developing a software?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Written test (CAT level aptitude and basic Java, but need to score 80% in this section) and Technical Interview. Selected only 5-10 candidates out of 150. I thought, I was lucky after seeing drastic shortlisting.But, I was wrong, when I attended their next round i.e. Technical round. I would say, this is one the worst interview I ever attended. Two panels, who just wanted to show that, they know more than me.

Interview Questions

• Design pattern, mutithreading and other question, which nowhere related to job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

First round was technical online test and aptitude. Most of them was code related questions. They give code and ask the output. Negative marking is there. Be careful while guessing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

First Round: Written Test (Java+Aptitude--> 55 minutes with negative marking)

Second round:
    Was scheduled at 10 am but due to lack of some resources it actually started at 12.00 noon.

F2F interview with one of the most rude persons who feels he is "FATHER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE". Don't even give enough time to solve a question(leave pointing towards the clues).

Gave a couple of puzzles to solve(Shape cut puzzle, Divide a square into 7 equal parts and calculation of number of squares in chess board). Interviewer (busy on his SMARTPHONE) didn't even bother to see the solutions.

Implement a Singleton class with cloning of the object not allowed. I gave the solution of throwing a CloneNotSupportedException. He told give me other way.

He then asked me Cyclomatic complexity. I told the answer and added that It will be tough to maintain and debug if the cyclomatic complexity is high. Also added that compiler branch prediction algorithm also will suffer as nested branches increase.

Then the interview replied saying "Being a programmer why should I think about the COMPILER" which was most insane part of an interview. I was really shocked/ashamed to hear this comment fro such a senior guy. I now stared feeling that it was big mistake attending this sort of interview

Told me to write Binary Search and suddenly told not to write the same. Continued saying that a couple of guys from my previous company did join and left his team in a duration of months. So, he told that he didn't want the guys with kind of skills that matched my skills(Android and Java). I was shocked to hear this.

Then why was I shortlisted? Already, they had my resume during the written test itself.

I don't recommend this company to anyone. They don't respect time of candidates and their skills. They respect only their own-self-attitude and their own technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Explain Software Cyclomatic compexity.
      Explain Singleton Pattern.
      Explain how does the query from browser fetches the result from remote location.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

- Online test (apti + java with separate cut off, on tab)
    - F2F interview

This is insane, not BT. Me, since I did not stop myself from attending their interview process multiple times. Today was latest, for a different team. Now it was only F2F interview in first round. And I thought I have cleared it, and then HR loudly says "You can leave for the day". No chance that I will go again. This is definitely going to demotivate you, if you are not from the elite class that clears :-)

And their interview round the year is awesome, same paper, same rounds, same rejects, probably 1 hire every month.

Suggestion: If you got two calls on same day, and one's from BT, you should think carefully which one to attend.

All the best.

Interview Questions

• For online test on tab, it was the same question set, shuffled, round the year.
      For interview, normal Java, JSP, SQL, PLSQL
      Sometimes, puzzles are asked - like How many whites in a nxn chess board!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (Pune (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

First was an Online Test followed by F2f interviews. Topics to prepare for Online test:
    inheritence
    abstract classes
    Exceptions
    interface
    Threads
        Name the static methods of Threads
    Answer 2 static methods: namely: sleep and yield

I was not shortlisted for f2f interview

Interview Questions

• Threads
          Name the static methods of Threads   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

there was an online test following by one round of technical interview. Almost all the questions were based on java oops concepts. Hiring process is very quick for the suitable candidates

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying (4 January 2017) I had to take a Situational Strengths Test within a week. On 24 January 2017, I had a Skype interview. The interview was quite a straightforward process and it didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even though it was my first job interview ever.

On 27 January 2017, I was informed that I had passed the Skype interview stage and I was given a coding test to complete within 7 days. To be honest, though, it didn't take me more than an afternoon to finish.

I was informed that I passed the coding test on February 3, and I was invited to attend an Assessment Centre on February 21 at Adastral Park in Ipswich. At Assessment Centre I went through another one-to-one interview, then I had a group exercise with another 3 candidates, in which we had to prepare a presentation and suggest solutions to some given problems, then I had what they call a "differential exercise", in which I had to present a solution to a logical problem and finally, I had to give a presentation on a topic I had prepared in the last 7 days before the Assessment Centre.

I got the call with a job offer 3 days later, on 24 February 2017.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact questions since it's been a while. They surely asked about times that I worked in a team successfully, about times that I had to adapt quickly to new situations, and about times that I faced difficulties and how I managed.   1 Answer