BT Solution Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Solution Designer

BT Solution Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

Solutions Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

One Capability Interview with two senior members of staff.
One make notes while the other one asks questions.
Please note: It's only to interviewers with manager positions, engineering positions just require one senior interviewer.

Structure:
  Introductions (Interviewer)
  Walk through of Job (Interviewer)
  Walk through of C.V. (Interviewer)

Then a couple of BT value based SOARA questions (Helpful, Team, etc)
  Example:

* Situation: The customer was thirsty
  * Objective: To make a cup of tea for the customer
  * Action: I boiled the kettle, got a cup, got a tea bag, placed it in the cup and added water
  * Result: The customer was happy that I went the extra mile for him
  * Aftermath: What did I learn from the situation

Questions and answer round:

So if you are going to an interview then base answers on this structure. Also note that BT is more focused on why you are doing an action instead of what you did. Think customer, think profits, think team, not actions

So it's better to say I made the customer a cup of tea as it solved a customers problem and built a better relationship then it is just to say it was my job.

Hope this helps!

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Solution Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BT in June 2014.

Interview

BT uses SOARA framework for interview process. Usually a panel of 1 HR rep and 1 technical. Prepare a situation that demonstrate a challenge you have faced and overcome. Be prepared to admit mistakes but have answers to how you would do things differently and prove learning. Not a drastically difficult interview but ensure you also have a backup SOARA and be prepared to elaborate on the finer points.

Interview Questions

• None really. Be prepared to answer why you want the job and to say where you have gone wrong in the past in your SOARA - how you remedied it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job grade can be reduced if you interview at what is considered a lower level than advertised, but you may still be employed at a lower grade.

Solution Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager Phone screen followed by a director phone screen then a Face to face interview and lastly HR round. HR round was most interesting and was a very good experience. At present may be HR round is not all that interesting. Now the process might have changed and first round could be technical. There may be more technical rounds based on the necessity.

Interview Questions

• Examples from my past which can relate to BT values. I was allowed to take enough time to think.   Answer Question

Solution Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pathetic interview process . Got interview all from BT india bangalore for solution designer role . Interview was good but after that no feedback no result . Kept waiting for 1 month no response from recuiter name gowrinadh.k

Please don t attend BT interview

Solution Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BT India's sourcing partner Careernet. BT HR never interacts with the candidate nor they care to meet the candidate when the candidates go for a face to face round.
    The job description shared is a common one which is shared for business analyst, solution designer and consultant etc etc.
    1st round of interview could be either face to face or telephonic. Followed by 2nd round of face to face interview.
    Initially they ask basic questions and in second round they ask irrelevant questions. They keep on asking questions related to a field which you have never worked on (although I told them I had never worked on that area).
    The interview panel is very adamant, they are only available for interview between 11AM to 5PM. They do not care that the candidate is also an employee of another company and has its own work commitments.
    The recruiter from Careernet lack professional etiquette and act like BT's puppets and PR agency.

BT's interview pannelists are more of techie guys who have worked up there way into functional roles. They show a lot of attitude and respect to candidates. Not sure what is the reason behind it. I have worked in BT projects for 3 years in my previous company and I know what kind of exposure one gets in terms of being updated with industry. And trust me there is nothing to be proud of except for the brand BT. If one has worked with BT for a considerable time then that person has the least knowledge and exposure about the telecom ecosystem.

To summarize it was a pathetic experience being interviewed by BT, just wastage of time and efforts. And the interaction with Careernet recruiters adds to irritation.