BT Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

231 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed by an external contractor who was sitting in her living room. Interview was confusing as she clearly had no experience within the industry and couldn't correctly communicate effectively.
    Moderate experience but they told me if successful I would be placed in Ipswich

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two interveiwers who gave me 4 competency based questions followed by 2 roleplay scenarios
     For each scenario I was given 5 minutes to read the brief and prepare an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience where you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Part of the interview process is verbally answering questions on a PC ,the worst part being that in the corner of the screen it shows you answering the questions which to some ,me included , can be very off putting.

Interview Questions

• Actually the questions were standard fare that any interviewer would ask   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stages. Phone interview screening, and then a task/presentation to present back to two interviewers, and answer questions. Some other roles involve an assessment centre, but it depends on the part of the business you're applying for.

Retention Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Passed an online assessment and then a telephone interview. Went into the final stage which was a group assessment. Without blowing my own trumpet I have 10 years sales and customer service experience and 100% passed the one to one interview and group task offered. It was noted that 4 people in the assessment group already worked there but where on agency contracts so the whole process seemed like a set up. Was told I would hear back in 7 days and nothing. Called the rectruitment team at Manpower continuously for a week and was constantly fobbed off with excuses like 'there's a delay', 'the person who deals with that isn't available' and was 3 times told someone was gonna call me back to let me know the progress, this of course didn't happen. Eventually got an email at 8pm on a Friday evening saying I was unsuccessful with absolutely no feedback. Absolute joke of a recruitment process so don't bother yourself people if this is what they are like even before your through the door.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Grueling, 4 interview rounds:

1) Phone interview
    2) Test
    3) Case study
    4) Face to face interview discussing whether you are a cultural fit

Tip: Don't try to blag it, you will be found out. Process was very well designed to test your knowledge of Scrum/agile and pragmatically applying it.

Once the process started, extremely quick to get through each round. HR were amazing during the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, BT if anything exceeded my expectations by giving me a really good package which was beyond my initial salary expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Interview

Group ice breaker to start, name, current role, why BT. Followed by asking who I would want to take to dinner alive or dead and why. Bizarre question but OK.

The group is then split and half ha a face to face interview and the other listened to a couple of calls then groups switched places.

Interview was conducting professionally the interviewing manager made me feel at ease immediately.
    Once the interview was done everyone went back to the main training room for a final group exercise to place five calls into a priority order then your list is discussed as a group to form a consensus.

That was it. All done.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you received poor service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT in July 2017.

Interview

Introduction. Then Introduce and give details why the interviewee your were teamed up with is suitable for the job. ie skills and experience after having had a 5 Min chat with them.Further questions regarding your skills and experience relating to the job are then asked directly to you by the interview panel.(4 BT employees and the Manpower representative.). Short film about future of BT.
    Listen in to calls received at the callcentre and report back to the group.
    Group excercise in which to rank a series of scenarios first individually and then defend/explain your decisions to the other interviewees and then decide as a team the definitive ranking .

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process - applied for the job listing, was contacted and had an interview set up - went ahead with interview on a Friday afternoon and heard back on Monday that I was being offered the position

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you have been faced with a problem and how you were able to work things out to make a positive outcome   Answer Question

Interview

Apply online questionaire type assessment, telephone interview, if passes both those then assessment day which takes around 2 hours very laid back no one to one interviews, dress smart, little group activity and icebreakers, hear back within 48 hours if passes