BT Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

BT Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)).

Interview

Step 1 - Applied Online
    Step 2 - Skype Interview (General questions asked: See below)
    Step 3 - Technical Test (Fairly simple, don't leave it till last minute)
    Step 4 - Assessment Centre (See below)

Interview Questions

• • Skype Interview Questions:
      - Why BT
      - About BT's values
      - Describe a time you took leadership / teamwork etc...
      - What is BT's business model.

• Assessment Centre: (No vague answers are accepted, they will go into detail)

Stage 1) Individual Interview - All about your CV, some basic technical questions asked. E.g.
      - What is a class and describe a project that required you to use multiple classes. Describe those classes.
      - Describe your favourite project you've worked on and why?
      - Give me a time where you learnt something new and how did you apply it? (In detail)
      - Describe a time you had to take leadership and how?
      - Describe how you went about solving a technical problem, explain any concepts you applied.

Stage 2) Group Interview - They expect you to look very motivated and display leadership
      - They give you a study you have to read in groups and then discuss, nobody waits for you, everyone skim reads and quickly starts bashing out information before you even finish.
      - They then start giving you additional pieces of information on the case study that you must also discuss.
      - You must finally come to a solution based on what you've read and present the solution.
      TIP: This is a really important part of your assessment centre, probably the most important.

==== Food Break Provided By BT ====

Stage 3) Technical Interview:
      - They go through your project and its efficiency
      - They ask you questions about it and ask you how you think you can improve it.
      - They then provide you with some sort of mental activity to see how your brain functions or test your coding ability with a programming exercise. They tested me on the algorithms I knew through sorting cards.

Stage 4) Personal Presentation:
      - You have to present the presentation you were given (I had to present to 1 assessor, they might change this, so be prepared to present anywhere you're put).
      - The assessor then asks you questions and sees your handouts.
      - The assessor writes a report.

==== End Of Day - You Go Home ====
      Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

You apply online, thereafter do an online assessment. If successful you are called by manpower for a telephone interview which can last for 30 minutes. You are told of the outcome after the interview and if successful you are booked for assessment at BT call centre.
    Assessment day entail, a short summary of your self and job experience, a group task about prioritising calls, a short interview and listening to some calls on the floor. You are sent a mail of the outcome after some days

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Excellent, very nice people, very nice environment, excellent location, famous UK brand, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I only wish all the other interviews to have been like this one. Huge company with a familiar feeling, what else could I say to feel these fifty words minimum count 50 words is quite a lot, isn't it fifty already, five tens would be just right by now

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BT (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After completing the application form, i was sent some online tests which were fairly simple. They then contacted me the next day for a phone interview. Almost every question i found on this site was asked to me. i went ahead and wrote down my answers to make it easier for myself. Took about 20 mins and I thought it went really well. Received an email hours later stating i was unsucessful

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Completed an online assessment with a series of tests (none of the usual questions like asking for references or qualifications which I thought was odd). I then had a telephone interview which I was successful at before attending the Assessment Centre. Received a notification that I was unsuccessful before calling for feedback.

Interviewers were professional and nice at the Assessment Centre but I felt part of it was unfair... you have to listen in on telephone conversations in the actual call centre before explaining them back to the interviewers. And while I was lucky enough to do so next to someone who was getting lots of calls, some of the other candidates did not and were forced to sit around for 15 to 20 minutes while the person at their desk was busy doing paperwork or chatting, I saw some of them only able to listen in for about 1 or 2 minutes in reality. The interviewers noticed this but didn't do anything. This meant they didn't have as much to talk about. There were also a few other interviewees from Manpower (who has their call centre right next door), whom the hiring managers clearly had a huge bias towards but I guess that's understandable.

Overall process was OK, although I was left with a very bad impression by the Manpower staff I called for feedback... they were rude, pretended there was a problem with the line and kept telling me multiple times I didn't get the job when I knew I hadn't anyway. Also turned down because I informed them I'd be starting a Masters in autumn 2018, when they said it wouldn't be a problem during the interview itself.

I don't know if I would apply for a job at BT again as though I learned from the interview I felt the hiring process was a little biased tbh. As an outside candidate who hasn't worked for either BT or Manpower it was offputting.

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Application form with questions relating to 'Why BT', and 'Why this graduate scheme'. Then a Situational Strengths test. Next, a skype interview which was clear, concise and very personal - questions include; 'how do people perceive you for building relationships', 'a time where you drove a project' etc. I'm now at the technical interview stage, if I am successful - will move onto final assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• A time where you drove a project?   1 Answer

Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BT (Dundee, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

The assessment day had brief company presentation, visit to the call centre floor, introductions, 2 truths and a lie session, lost at sea team work task and 1 to 1 interviews.

The interview panel were really friendly and easy to talk to. I was able to relax and enjoy my experience as well as learn a lot on the day.

I had a problem finding the building as my navigation gps stopped working. When I did find the building I was a few minutes late but because I didn't know where to park my car the process wasn't as smooth. The receptionist didn't know there was a car park opposite the building and got me to wait for and ask the person when he came to collect us. I later learnt that was the recruitment manager so I started my day off by presenting my potential employer with a problem as my first impression.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BT,
      Name weakness your previous employer would mention.
      1 Answer
    • Name three things your friends would say about you.   Answer Question

BT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

I passed the CV screening and online test but I was rejected after the Skype interview. I was disappointed at the lack of feedback I received on it because in my opinion I did quite well and I would have liked to know what they didn't like and how I could improve. Quite disappointed even though I only got this far through the application process. I was told that what follows after the Skype interview is a programming test to do at home and an assessment centre.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Bridgend, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Applied for bt Cardiff . Nightmare. The whole process was unbelievably slow and daunting.
    Completed my online assessments to be told that I would have an email 48 hours after to let me know if I was invited to a telephone interview . waited 4 days and heard nothing , so then contacted them myself to ask why I didn't receive an email and she didn't say why not but told me I had passed and asked me if I wanted to do a telephone interview that day. I agreed and was told to ring back when I was ready for the interview. Rang back 1 hour later and was waiting on the phone for 1 hour for somebody to answer and tell me that bt we're not doing any telephone interviews untill after 4 o clock . Which was 30 minutes away . Then rang again and was waiting on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes but finally had the chance to do my interview .
    The interview was difficult as the background noise consisted of people shouting and laughing and the man interviewing me seemed to start his sentence off clearly and then get half way through it and mumble . So throughout the interview it was incredibly difficult to hear him. Was asked a lot of questions but not enough questions about how I would handle situations, or what I do in my current employment , which would've turned the interview around as I already work in customer service as it is . They also had not asked for my cv , which to me , should have been asked for during the online application . The whole interview was very scripted , very dull and I felt hopeless from the start just by hearing the tone of his voice . I have done quite a few telephone interviews and they've all been brilliant until this one . I was told that I would know my results between 9 and 5 the next day. If I was unsuccessful then I would receive an email, if I was successful then I would receive a phone call . 5 o clock came and went and I hadn't heard a thing. By this point I felt embarrassed and stressed out and decided to call them to express my concern and to know if they had the right email and mobile number . I was then told over the phone that I was unsuccessful , which didn't seem to surprise me, and I wasn't given any feedback but was told to try again in a few months and that was it .
    So disappointed in the whole application process . Was shambles from the start. I felt as if I was not worth anyone's time to send me an email throughout the application.

Interview Questions

• What commitments do you have outside of work ?

A time you have been proud of an achievement .

What challenges would you be facing in the role you are applying for ?

Describe what you think the role your applying for consists of ?

What do you know about bt ?

Do you see yourself in bt for a long time ?

How would your friends describe you ?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandwell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Sandwell, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online assessment involving multiple choice questions.
    Next stage was a telephone interview using star technique competency questions.
    Final stage was an assessment day for 3 hours including ice breaker, listening to calls and priorising phone calls.
    Nothing too taxing but try to be confident and link in your experience in previous jobs or situations to the role you are applying for.