BT Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

217 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stages. Phone interview screening, and then a task/presentation to present back to two interviewers, and answer questions. Some other roles involve an assessment centre, but it depends on the part of the business you're applying for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Interview

Group ice breaker to start, name, current role, why BT. Followed by asking who I would want to take to dinner alive or dead and why. Bizarre question but OK.

The group is then split and half ha a face to face interview and the other listened to a couple of calls then groups switched places.

Interview was conducting professionally the interviewing manager made me feel at ease immediately.
    Once the interview was done everyone went back to the main training room for a final group exercise to place five calls into a priority order then your list is discussed as a group to form a consensus.

That was it. All done.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you received poor service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT in July 2017.

Interview

Introduction. Then Introduce and give details why the interviewee your were teamed up with is suitable for the job. ie skills and experience after having had a 5 Min chat with them.Further questions regarding your skills and experience relating to the job are then asked directly to you by the interview panel.(4 BT employees and the Manpower representative.). Short film about future of BT.
    Listen in to calls received at the callcentre and report back to the group.
    Group excercise in which to rank a series of scenarios first individually and then defend/explain your decisions to the other interviewees and then decide as a team the definitive ranking .

Interview Questions

Interview

Apply online questionaire type assessment, telephone interview, if passes both those then assessment day which takes around 2 hours very laid back no one to one interviews, dress smart, little group activity and icebreakers, hear back within 48 hours if passes

Customer Retention Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online process first. Then telephone interview which went very well, had a good laugh with the interviewer who then informed me I was invited to assessment center. At the assessment introductions went well then it was off to the one on one interview. I was led to an office and introduced to the interviewer, however I knew straight away it was not going to go well given her attitude that I had not brought a CV with me (maybe BT's powers at be should let her know that candidate's CVs have already been uploaded to BT recruitment team.) After politely ignoring her, which seemed to be constant, eye-rolling at most of my answers to her questions when she asked how my fellow work colleagues would describe me I admit to taking a pot shot at her. I responded with "they probably see me as quite a judgemental person when I meet somebody new, especially when I'm not sure whats going on!" unfortunately I think this went over her head. Her closing questions were "is the guy that brought you here coming back to get you?" I answered with something along the lines of "I'm not too sure I've never conducted an interview on behalf of BT before" but ,to be fair when she suggested opening the office door and waiting for him I did agree that was a good idea.

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview that lasted approximately 20 minutes the day after my online application (that included online testing). Scenario questions eg what would you do if... And competency questions eg give an example of... Using STAR - SITUATION, TASK, ACTION, RESULTS to score. Information provided about shift patterns and training expectations. Approximately 5 minutes on hold to be congratulated on passing this stage and was then invited to an assessment day and advised of when training would start should I successfully pass that stage.
    Pleasant interview, opportunity to ask questions provided.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have experienced excellent. Customer service.   Answer Question

BT Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an online test which I must have passed as it resulted in a 20 minute phone interview which I also passed . After which I was invited to the BT assessment day. They were 10 of us on the day and we were spilt into groups which rotated tasks. Our group first listened to some real calls of which we were asked questions about later on. We then had a group test which entailed putting 5 questions in order of importance on a sheet of paper first your own thoughts then we discussed these answers and ask to rate them as a group. We were asked by the interviewer our reasons for the answers we gave. In my opinion they were looking at the way we discussed the answers and who was taking the lead in the discussions more than the right or wrongs of the answers. Then came the interview were various questions were asked concerning things that you have experienced and how you could use these experiences to use In the role. I must also add that I am 51 and never worked In this sector as I have been involved in manufacture all my working life and everyone else at the assessment day had varying experience working in call centres or directly with the public. I received an email today saying I was successful. My advice is to go to the assessment day and talk confidently be yourself and answer honestly, and look the person you are talking to in the eye not at the table when you are talking. ( I haven't actually accepted the position yet as I have other interview offers but think I will )

Interview Questions

• Name a time your were unhappy with a service you received and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Customer Help Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Firstly had a telephone interview which was mainly to find out my current situation. Also had to answer some questions on my strengths/weaknesses using the STAR method. I was then invited to a Group assessment where they tell you about the company. You will listen to live calls before being taken into to a 1 to 1 interview. Again the interview is about your strengths/weaknesses and what you can bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time you have delivered excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BT in May 2017.

Interview

Interview seemed aimed at the younger applicants. The speaking about yourself process was frustrating, I had to interrupt on my own time to tell them they had not let me finish the questions they gave us, they seemed to want to skip on. Even then I spoke for about half the time of the younger applicants. Barely asked about the phone listening in time. A shame they seem very age-bias.

Interview Questions

• Who would you invite to dinner?   1 Answer

Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT in May 2017.

Interview

I received an e-mail from HR saying they are keen to speak to me for 20 mins and asked to have a call on the same day in the afternoon! (I am employed as clearly stated on my CV). I asked for a time early the next day, to which I received the following response: "To be honest, I am not even in the office at this hour". (I requested 8 am, not 5) So I asked for a later time the next day (inconvenient for me as very hard to hide at work). I never received a response and the HR person didn't call me the next day at the time I requested. I sent a chase up e-mail, again no response. It seems they treat their employees just as appalling as they treat their customers!