BTS Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BTS Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BTS

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was with the corporate recruiter. It went very well just asked me basic questions about my resume, career goals, etc. At the end of the interview she explained that she would recommend me to the case presentation phase of the interview. The case study interview was given to me three days in advance of when I was to give my presentation. I gave the presentation in front of about 8 employees and they all asked me questions about my findings. After that I had interviews with different team members that covered pretty basic fit questions. I wish my case presentation would have included more financial analysis, especially free cash flow.

Interview Questions

• Revenue-Expenses/Assets... What is this equation?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for BTS

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

Went through an HR interview, several interviews with their senior consultants/principals, ended with a final round that included a presentation. The initial interviews were all on the phone or through skype. The presentation had a challenging Q&A session but was ultimately focused on your executive presence. Everyone at the firm spoke highly of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits/disadvantages of financing using preferred stock vs. debt?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

One informal interview with senior manager, followed by presentation on a company's financials and strategy. Overall, it was great - everyone was eager to answer my questions about the company and I found the experience to be extremely informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

First round is a phone screen with one of the recruiters. If they like you, you'll go onto the next round and the recruiter will give you an idea of what you could expect.

Second round was a little different from what I expected, reading everyone's interview process and questions here. It was an hour long video interview with 2 directors and for the first 30 minutes, they asked me questions phrased differently, but were the typical: what are your weaknesses, strengths, why BTS, why this role, what excites you for this role, etc. The last half they had me do a case study of any company I wanted to choose, so long as they were aware of what the company is, so you can't choose some foreign small-cap company, for instance. They want to know the SWOT analysis of the company, and while you can talk about the macro-economics that affect the company, they wanted specifications that execs of said company could affect, like customer behavior and technology.

The recruiter may tell you they'll ask questions like economic factors, revenue, etc, but I found that wasn't exactly the case.

Don't expect a call-back unless you're accepted to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? Weaknesses? Why BTS? Choose a company and SWOT analysis, know its revenue and specific P x Q   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BTS in November 2011.

Interview

Great people and work culture. You can really see one of their core values of "having fun" shine through their employees. The first round interview was your typical get to know the candidates. The second round interview consisted of a team-based competition case interview. The case interview is difficult but it is engaging, fun and gives you a good look at what it will be like to work there. Finally, there is an individual presentation about the financials of a self-chosen company.

Interview Questions

• How does managements current strategy effect (specific company's) profit margins/ROE/ROA?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

First round is about your experience, understanding if you are a good fit, and some business questions. They will ask you to maybe make a presentation to answer some questions they give you a few minutes before the interview. Second round is a case study where you prepare an analysis of a company they give you. Finally, third round consists of fit questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BTS (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a reply withing 3 weeks. Had my first round interview with 3 BTS representatives. First interview is about the general fit with the company. Had a very good experience, as interviewers were really friendly and would answer all my questions with patience. They also took time to describe different job assignment in a very detailed manner, so I could eventually fully understand the core of their business.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BTS (Milan (Italy)) in February 2017.

Interview

1 phone screening followed by two face to face interviews, where the applicant is asked to bring a basic presentation on a company. The interview process was pretty easy, but slow and not well-structured.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BTS (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Started with online application. Then I completed a phone interview, followed by online tests. Ultimately I was invited for a case study which needs to be prepared and presented. This is complemented by several interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

Multiple steps: online tests (simple math, text comprehension and spatial reasoning), video questions, informal questions sessions and interviews at their offices. It was rather efficient, and their HR department is quick and helpful.