BTS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BTS Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at BTS

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I talked with a Corporate Recruiter via skype and it was the normal HR type questions. Was invited in for a case interview from an old Darden Oracle case. I was given two hours to prepare a deck outlining the problems and then present them in front of about 6 people. Have a deck ready to input because two hours is not a lot (this is perfectly ok). Concentrate on ratio analysis (profitability, liquidity, leverage) and the financial statements. I felt like I cracked the case but could have been a little more prepared in the inner workings of my statement analysis. After about an hour presentation we had lunch and then had three separate two on one interviews. Long day. I liked the firm but probably wasn't a mutual fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the more important measure ROA or ROE? What are the downfalls of using only one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BTS

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BTS in July 2011.

Interview

7 steps, very thorough, interview through skype, face to face interview, business case with a Director, 2 interviews with partners and a final phase which consisted of a dinner with people from the office to ensure fit

Interview Questions

• Business cases or scenarios where you needed to explain the implications throughout financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BTS (East China, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

4 rounds : HR- Case 1 - Case 2 & Role Play & Behavior Test - Final Presentation & Case 3
    HR Interview : Background Check
    Case Interview: Not difficult, just to understand data and give suggestions based on limited information. Also, make assumptions to solve the problems.
    Presentation: Industry research in several days, and present to employers

Interview Questions

• In role play, they tested how your perform when facing challenges from clients, and how to make breakthrough   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BTS (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a presentation on any public stock. I presented to a room of 4-5 consultants and a hiring director. They asked some tough questions designed to test my financial knowledge and see whether I was quick on my feet. Afterward, I had individual interviews with each of them - most were short and informal. The interview with the director was more formal and a bit tough. He was a very warm person but he could clearly see my weaknesses and he wasn't afraid to acknowledge these.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in BTS?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

I had a standard phone screening with a recruiter followed by two Skype or in-person interviews with current staff. I was not asked for a final interview and found out about 2 weeks after my last interview. Communication was good and the interviews were enjoyable. The process was very quick as opposed to other firms which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why BTS? What attracts you to the company?   Answer Question
    • What other opportunities are you pursuing?   1 Answer
    • What is one company you would like to consult for?   Answer Question
    • Do you work better individually or in teams? Describe how you work in groups.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BTS in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter in response to my resume being posted in an organizational database. Invited to apply online to consultant opportunity for MBA graduates. Initial screening interview via Skype with HR followed approx. 2 weeks later. Conversational, general fit questions. Second interview also via Skype with current consultant, questions more strategy-consulting specific. Third interview also via Skype with another consultant (last minute change in interviewers), questions more business acumen related and sales-focused.

As an MBA candidate with management consulting experience, I was surprised by some of the questions, little focus on my past experiences consulting and in my MBA program, more focused on business strategy questions, specifically focused on marketing ROI and sales.

Overall, by my third interview, I could tell I was not a good fit for this organization as the consultants act as sales managers, more so than traditional management consultants as I was hoping for my own career. (One of the interviewers mentioned they each have revenue targets to hit quarterly/annually, focus on up-selling to clients, etc.) While all consulting involves client relationship management and a certain level of "selling," the BTS consultant role reminded me much more of friends I have who work as sales managers and executives than my own experience in management consulting.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an example of a company and how they make money.

Give me and example of any company and some market index factors of success.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then SHL online assessment (the standard version), phone screening, and then 1-on-1 interview followed by a panel case presentation. Overall, the process was pretty straightforward with quick turnaround time.

The interviews themselves weren't really challenging, fairly typical questions, very friendly people. During the case interview, only basic questions were asked, although one of the MDs were present. You would expect much tougher grilling with MBB or any of the Big 4 consulting firms.

It seems the senior management has an opportunistic view of the market, instead of having a specific target / focus. More like following the HR trends in businesses as industries go through cyclical changes (unlike the North American / European practice of BTS). It is still very much a HR training vendor; even though they have tried to do branding on strategy execution. Since the business has been growing - those limitations have been hidden by papering over the cracks.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BTS (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

Round 1: online test including numerical, verbal and personality test following SHL format + video interview - 3 questions in 11 mins, no break in between

Competency/ motivational questions + One situational questions and ask you to analyse implication on P&L, BS and Cash flow. The way they described the situation was quite vague that I actually didn't quite understand

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BTS? Why do you wan to work here?
      What kind of organization do you want to work with?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

There were four rounds - including one aptitude and personality test, one round of conversation with a consultant, one case interview and one final meeting with the director.
    The team is extremely responsive and make you feel very comfortable. They are highly responsive and give feedback for the case round as well.

Interview Questions

• What did I learn from my experiences?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

Very thorough recruitment process involving all layers of staff from the general manager to support staff.

Round 1: half hour phone screening
    Round 2: face to face interview with a few directors. This interview included a quiz as they wanted to see how I process data on a high level (without a calculator)
    Round 3: face to face interview with a few directors
    Round 4: online assessment to check verbal reasoning, maths and logical thinking abilities
    Round 5: 45 minute case study presentation in front of most of the office
    Round 6: casual interview over lunch to check cultural fit

Interview Questions

• * Questions on past work experience
      * Why consulting?
      * What could I bring to the company?
      * Do I see myself working purely as a consultant or as a developer (for simulations)?   1 Answer