BTS Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BTS Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at BTS

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BTS (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Met a partner and 2 senior consultants at a conference. They were all terrific, friendly, and passionate about their business. I was instantly hooked - mostly for the energy, authenticity and enthusiasm they showed in their work. I was extended an invitation to the final round interviews - an intense 2 day showdown that included a 6 hour simulation done in teams of applicants (undergrad and grad); schmoozing sessions, unexpected, on the spot public speaking requirements, and finally a filmed presentation to a panel of current BTS consultants and partners. Lots of interaction with employees from all levels of the firm. Great hotel & food. Intense, for sure, but that matches their culture which is highly motivated, intense and collaborative. Fun people, but definitely hungry - very entrepreneurial.

Interview Questions

• We were required to do a presentation on the full business implications of the decisions we had made during the 6 hour simulation; I stumbled a bit on the difference between operating income and net income... mostly because I was so exhausted from the day long simulation, followed by a long night of partying with partners and consultants at the firm; that at 7:30AM my mind was working at a groggy pace.   1 Answer

It was an incredibly difficult decision, but ultimately, I was looking for a bit more flexibility in terms of geographic relocation (in the future) and project work. As well as a slightly more predictable schedule. The emphasis on sales was ok; but not a great sell for me.

Other Interview Reviews for BTS

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BTS (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Typical interview process up to the in-person phase. They really place a value on top undergrad. Less emphasis on Masters candidates.
    Person to person up to the presentation and quality of interviewer varies.
    Presentation is usually before two senior directors and maybe one or two additional staff.

Interview Questions

• If you make it to final, expect a case study presentation. You are given two days to prepare a 30 minute presentation. 15 minutes of presentation, 15 minutes of QA from senior staff. Example case study is "Compare company performance of IBM v. Apple over a specific time period".
      You will be asked obscure questions on financial ratios. They are looking for how well you perform under pressure, how well you present concepts. KEEP IT SIMPLE. STay on point and answer questions as they are asked.   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you in front of an audience?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BTS (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

Terrible experience! I went through all th stages. The process lasted months. The most incredible thing was that at the 4th stage, I delivered a presentation which was highly rated by the company, and by the Managind Director in person. After then, I was told that I passed and the only step I had to do was a chat with the Head Office. When I arrived for the interview, this person did not know who I was and I was there. He did not know what to ask me. After 5 minutes the conversatio ended and 7 days later, at midnight, I received an email saying that my presentation - 4th stage - was not good enough and that my application was rejected. Stay away from this company!!

Interview Questions

• What is the link between sustainability and revenues?   Answer Question
    • How much weighted M&A operations on the P&L account of Philips?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BTS (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The experience with the first two rounds with current senior consultant and MD in Singapore was great. I appreciate them both very much. However the bad experience came from the Management from APAC didn't seem to have strong leadership skills nor interviewing skills. The vision of two managements who interviewed me were different: one wanted to hire this key senior consultant ASAP to grow the business (it was very clear and sharp) while the top one seemed slower-pace and okay with the situation having only one senior consultant in the team and keep spending time hoping to get the right one (after they were looking for for months).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BTS.

Interview

Not very pleasant. Submitted my application in April 2016 for this position based in Singapore and only got a response from them in June 2016. And that too to sit for an online test. Not even an interview. Interestingly the email send to me on instructions for the online test had also mentioned that they will revert as and when it suits them to revert back on the next progress status!

Anyways, read their background on Linkedin and noticed one of their MDs has a scholarship 10 years before his actual Master's course begun! Does not sound like a decent bunch of management.