Bacardi USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bacardi USA Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

1st phone interview with Human Resources 2nd panel interview with three managment personnel at the headquarters. Each interview Lasted about an 1 hour each interview. If you interview well you should do fine. Everyone was kind. You don't get instant feedback. They're trained to be emotionless in interviews so you don't walk out knowing if they liked you or not.

Interview Questions

• Relevant experience, knowledge about company. Availability after hours. Knowledge of Excel,oracle,sap systems. Personality type. Work well with groups. Education. Career goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

State Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Professional with a sense of wit. Liquor industry interviews are more casual than most. The process took three months. I had to fly two times to other cities to meet higher executives. The ultimate decision came from immediate boss and not human resources.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to make a decision that was not popular at your company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

I was first in a phone interview with the HR manager. Then I was offered to travel to Miami to interview in person. I interviewed with a panel of four people. The first interview was by a VP and Brand Manager of specific brand group and then it was the VP of Operations and Senior Brand Manager

Market Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several people from the Bacardi Organization. Both Executives and HR, and we also talked about a lot of stuff and alcohol and trends and what we all want to do. The interview was great, the office was nice and the people I liked

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bacardi USA.

Interview

Unorganized yet the HR manager was very engaging

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bacardi USA in June 2011.

Interview

Easy interview process as they want to know about you as a person first, then what you can offer second. I would say overall its an easy process but one that tends to drag and drag as the HR department doesn't see to move on any position with any sense of speed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Coral Gables, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

I found the posting on my school's internal job posting site and sent my resume to the recruiter. He promptly wrote back to confirm receipt of my resume. A month later, he emailed me a list of screening questions (salary expectations, exposure to/experience with Brand Management, do I have an MBA, etc.) I sent my answers and received a phone call from him about a week later. He was very friendly and said that one of the other HR employees would be following up with me shortly. She followed up a few days later and organized my entire travel and interview itinerary. She also provided the Case Study that I had to prepare recommendations for and present to one group of my interviewers (I had 2 interviews, each with 2 people).

Bacardi covered all expenses, which was a huge plus, as I've had to foot the bill a couple of times for interviews with other companies. Their new offices are beautiful and their "doorman", George, was extremely nice and friendly. I was observing people as they came into the office - some were talking, but for the most part there really wasn't a lot of chatter between employees. My first interview (in which I presented the Case) was with two Brand Directors. They were both nice and put me at ease, which made me less nervous. My second interview was with a Brand Director and a Region Manager. The Region Manager was cool, but I could tell that this particular Brand Director's personality was probably a bit much. However, the interview went well. The only thing I did not like was at the end of the interview, I had my hand out to receive the Brand Director's card and, instead of handing it to me, he threw it on the table. Not a great way to attract people to your company. But other than that, I enjoyed the entire experience. Aside from the case, all questions were behavioral and marketing-specific (i.e. tell me about a brand you like and why).

I received my rejection letter in the mail about a week after my interview. Although I was not successful with this company, I was actually happy that I had gotten a response back so soon - in a world where getting pigs to fly is easier than getting a response/follow-up from HR, this was a welcomed surprise versus waiting for months on end to hear back to no avail.

To another poster's point, the male/female ratio at Bacardi seems quite disproportionate (with men being the clear majority). As far as diverse ethnic backgrounds are concerned, I saw a lot of people of Hispanic/Latino/Chicano descent, but not a lot of African-Americans. Not a deal breaker for me, but definitely something to note here, especially for those of us who want to work in a diverse environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt like you were not the smartest person in the room?   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Originally contacted via telephone by an HR rep., who briefly described the position and reviewed my resume. Received a follow-up call about a week later from the hiring manager, and underwent a more detailed review of my credentials. Three weeks later, received an invitation to fly to Miami for a series of face to face interviews. Bacardi picked up all expenses. I had two 90 minute long face to face interviews. Each interview was conducted by two different people. The four interviewers had varying job descriptions including brand marketing, field sales, national account sales, and market analytics.

Brand new office building in Coral Gables, which is still under construction. Bacardi moved there this year from their long time home in downtown Miami. Impressive facility. Company is still privately held, and people that work there seem to enjoy what they do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were out of your depth technically, and how you dealt with it. What were the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (Miami, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Back to back interviews in Miami offices with two managers at a time - very awkward as it was clear only one person in the room was interested in my answers. Questions were all behavioral and from a silly packet that clearly came from HR. "Tell me a time when you had to convince people to see things your way..." or "Give me an example of a failure" were just two of my questions, but there clearly were many, many more for the interviewers to choose from.

Interview Questions

Not impressed with the company management and have heard that there isn't much mentoring. Plus, it's very male oriented and I am tired of being the only woman in the room.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bacardi USA (New Orleans, LA) in February 2008.

Interview

My friend currently worked with the company and I had already previously met the boss before I applied so I was kind of a shoe in. I just needed to wait unril i was of legal age to work and then sumbitted my photo and identification. Thats it.