KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Backbase Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 781 interviews

Recruiter3%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Backbase

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase in Jul 2022

Interview

The overall interview process took 3-4 weeks. The recruiter was kind enough to keep me posted on the updates. The conversation with the interviewer felt simple and flowed well. A case study presentation interview is one of the biggest advantages. It's really important for any interviewer to distinguish among the applicants and as an applicant, it's very useful to showcase our capacity in a well-organized way.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about the experience and expertise I have. Sprint planning Split up of story cards Estimation of the project
    Answer Question

Backbase

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase

Interview

Two stage process completed supported by recruiters all the way. First stage is screening followed by that a case study presentation based on the domain. Its quite a comprehensive case study covering all aspects of business.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are not generic, they are based on the case study presentation and It evaluates the thinking process and understanding of the domain.

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Backbase

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase in May 2022

Interview

It was a 3 stage process where the first stage was with a HR representative which gave an overview of the role and responsibilities. The 2nd interview was with the Manager where the role was discussed in depth and BA skillset was assessed. The final interview was a presentation/sprint planning session that I had to facilitate to wider forum on a topic provided by Backbase.

Interview Questions
  • 1. About my experience in Fintech and as a BA

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Backbase (London, England)

Interview

Effective, efficient and meaningful, Although the interview process was a few rounds, the process was seamless and included adequate support from the team. This was noticed across the board - from the HR rep to the VP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2022

Interview

The case study presentation was a bit awkward. It wasn’t as much of a role-playing exercise as it was a panel interview with peer team members centered on the deck I prepared.

Interview Questions
  • How did I prepare for the presentation?

Anonymous Employee in Kraków

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Kraków) in Mar 2022

Interview

I submitted my CV on career Backbase side and I got a contact in 2 days. I spoke with very nice recruiter from Cracow. My interview was separated into 3 parts: 1. Interview with recruitment team 2. Interview with Lead BA and Product Owner 3. Presentation on specific topic. The first interview took around 45 minutes and it was related with my skills and reasons, why I was looking for a new job. I felt positive vibe about companies values and way of work. The second interview was related with my experience and technical background. After the interview, I received the detailed feedback about my person, what I should improve, what are my strong abilities and what is my potential career path. The last interview was presentation. I got a case study and I had one week to prepare the presentation. It was a 30 minutes talk about daily tasks in the new project and how I can improve the way of work there. There was a QA session after the presentation. After the last interview, there could be a fourth interview with delivery manager, but he was available during the presentation and he checked, if I suit to the team. After all, I received an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • What was my biggest success in the project? What was my biggest failure in the project? How do I deal with difficult stakeholders? How do I deal with difficult demands? What was my scope of responsibilities?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2022

Interview

Meet with HR rep to discuss position Meet with RVP to discuss my background and high level position Meet with Team member to discuss day in the life at Backbase Panel interview with Case presentation (LOVED THIS!!)

Interview Questions
  • Hard to detail out interview questions, but I love the case prep and panel interview. I wish more companies did this. I'm terrible at sitting down and talking about my skillset (always feels like bragging), but to show you what I can do was such a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2022

Interview

Hiring manager interview approx. 45 mins, peer interview approx. 45 mins, case presentation to team and peers approx 45 mins. Call with peer to prepare for case presentation was available, approx 30 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Case study included prioritization of epics, define features, create and refine user stories, review of agile ceremonies.

Anonymous Employee in Querétaro, Querétaro

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Querétaro, Querétaro) in Jan 2022

Interview

I was so happy because I felt I was participating in a very professional process and I celebrated every step that I achieved and at the end I was so proud of me. It wasn't diffucult I felt it was for me everything fit naturally.

Interview Questions
  • How I could solve a situation where the client request something that is not declared in the user story

Anonymous Employee in Kraków

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Kraków) in Dec 2021

Interview

The interview process included 4 stages, case presentation was one of them and that was definitely the most time consuming to prepare. I appreciate that all the recruiters took time to both introduce the position, company and to get to know me as a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to change your job and join Backbase? What do you bring to the table?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews