Baidu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.3

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baidu (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, test on oneinterview.io but it was bogus as it has nothing to do with Android development. 10 mins for short-answer Java questions and 50mins for coding but the problem is very difficult and contrived. It MUST be done in a VERY certain way or else you cannot do it. The code is quite confusing as well and not documented. I eventually figured it out got it right but submitted like 2 hours over the limit and of course was rejected.

Whoever at Baidu chose oneinterview.io needs to actually try all the questions out and see if they can do it themselves.

Interview Questions

• in-memory DB on oneinterview.io platform but very tricky. I doubt most people can do it in less than 50 minutes since there are a few gotchas that you don't figure out until you progress in the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineer position at baidu. 2 phone interviews. The HR staffs were very nice and they promptly responded to my emails and they were very smart, nice and very approachable. They seemed to be pleasant to work with and they are good at what they do there.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call for take home screening. Once you clear the screening, they move forward with your application. They send a link and you can do the assessment from the comfort of your home. Whole process is pretty quick. The questions will be based on basic concepts of machine learning and fundamentals of computer science.

Interview Questions

• you are supposed to answer 10 questions with one minute time given for each. I had 2 -3 questions on concepts of machine learning and rest of them were from concepts of computer science. Things like tuple, duck typing, generator , xrange etc. After that you will have to finish a small machine learning project in your choice of language. Interview process is pretty thorough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Baidu USA, Super un-professional.
    I applied on LinkedIn, an hr contacted me, she scheduled a phone interview, and two days later emailed me about the position not being available anymore. One day after all these, they have posted the position on LinkedIn again! She didn't even ask my phone number!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and received an email to take a technical screening about a week or two later. The technical screening was done by a third party website with a two hour time limit although Baidu said I could go 15 minutes over. There was only one question, and although I'm pretty sure I completed it well, I didn't get the offer.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Machine Learning Engineer at Baidu AI Lab.
    A online test as the first round, answer a series of machine learning and python concept questions and you are given less than 1 minute to write for each question. Then a simple coding task implementing a very basic model in NLP using Python.

A Skype interview as the second round, answer a series of questions regarding typical machine learning models or tasks, most of them are not questions on concept and are practical question that may happen when implementing the algorithms from scratch. Then followed by a very simple coding question on data structure.

Interview Questions

• What are the causes for gradient descent to converge slow/not converge in different machine learning algorithms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I receive an OA programming test online, it was one hour long programming challenge.
    Then phone interview1 asks about projects, experience on the resume, some basic knowledge about machine learning, and algorithms.
    And no luck.

Interview Questions

• OA
      1. Ten basic questions about the language you choose (Java/C++/Ruby/Python).
      2. Implemented a calculator with given functions.

Phone interview
      projects, algorithms, machine learning etc.
      Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 3-4 weeks. Then I got the phone interview. The interviewer asked me some machine learning concepts and a coding problem. Some machine learning concepts are specific questions, others are related to my school projects.

Interview Questions

• If the gradient descent doesn't converge, what might be the problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

First asked about projects and courses. Then asked two technical problems:
    1. given a objective function, calculate the range of its learning rate
    2. check valid BST
    The interview was indeed not so hard, however, I failed it... Baidu AI lab is my dream place. Next time wish I have a better luck

Interview Questions

• 1. given a objective function, calculate the range of its learning rate
      2. check valid BST
      Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baidu in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Machine Learning researcher at Baidu USA. Be sure to know your machine learning algorithms and the purpose of, how to code, and how to use BSTs!!

Interview Questions

• 2 technical questions: one machine learning classification problem and one coding question on how to check for a valid BST.   Answer Question