Baidu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baidu Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baidu in April 2017.

Interview

Offered an online assessment of 10 programming languages concept questions and one coding test of implementing a calculator. I did not do well due to poor preparation on the concept questions, but the coding part was quite easy.

Interview Questions

• OA:
      1. 10 concept questions on the programming language you pick. As I picked Python, questions are like "difference between list and tuple", "what is _init_() for?", and "what is WITH used for?", etc. Must finish each one within one minute.
      2. Coding problems. Implement a function of calculator to output the result given an input of math expression like " 3+ 4 *5 / 7 ".

Summarization: Not that hard, but failed. Maybe I did not do well in part 1, and part 2 also was a little bit short of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One hour coding assessment on oneinterview.io. The interview had one coding question and 10 questions on your preferred coding language.
    One technical phone screen with an engineer. Talked about my experience and two coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Common coding questions. Follow up questions on the complexity and alternative approaches.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hr was prompt followed by two technical telephonic interviews. overall bad experience .
    Interview was for Baidu labs sunny vale usa position, they are working on AI .

Interview Questions

• first round : Best time to buy and sell stock, check the leetcode buy and sell stock -1 , buy and stock-2 and one buy and buy and sell stock using Dynamic programming.

Round 2: REST API Design, Basic web application questions and implement LRU cache.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baidu in January 2017.

Interview

i go to interview and talk to them, they are nice and friendly. I prepared early so that I talk a lot.i go to interview and talk to them, they are nice and friendly. I prepared early so that I talk a lot.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baidu (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through a friend by forwarding my cv
    Then I received an Email with four questions that I had to pass in order to get to the real interview
    The questions were :
    1- In designing a mobile microblog app what some of the key concepts that should be considered, and what is the difference between it and the actual website ?
    2- For a forum, the most important thing is the number of active users. If you were to operate an anime forum how would you increase the number of active users and why ?
    3- Pick up a music website that you are most familiar with and analyze the value it gives to its users and what is difference between it and other music websites >
    3- Draw a design for an air conditioner remote control, and tell us why you designed it this way ?
    You have one week to finish this questions and then you get a phone call with the interview time .

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly about Baidu current products and how we can enhance them to be better ? For example hao123 and Baidu answers
      also some question for your background on product desging

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineer position at baidu. 2 phone interviews. The HR staffs were very nice and they promptly responded to my emails and they were very smart, nice and very approachable. They seemed to be pleasant to work with and they are good at what they do there.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call for take home screening. Once you clear the screening, they move forward with your application. They send a link and you can do the assessment from the comfort of your home. Whole process is pretty quick. The questions will be based on basic concepts of machine learning and fundamentals of computer science.

Interview Questions

• you are supposed to answer 10 questions with one minute time given for each. I had 2 -3 questions on concepts of machine learning and rest of them were from concepts of computer science. Things like tuple, duck typing, generator , xrange etc. After that you will have to finish a small machine learning project in your choice of language. Interview process is pretty thorough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hour coding assessment on oneinterview, 10 questions on your preferred coding language.
    1 technical phone screen with an engineer, talking about experience and 2 coding questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and received an email to take a technical screening about a week or two later. The technical screening was done by a third party website with a two hour time limit although Baidu said I could go 15 minutes over. There was only one question, and although I'm pretty sure I completed it well, I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Baidu USA, Super un-professional.
    I applied on LinkedIn, an hr contacted me, she scheduled a phone interview, and two days later emailed me about the position not being available anymore. One day after all these, they have posted the position on LinkedIn again! She didn't even ask my phone number!