Baidu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baidu Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baidu.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Overall, the HR was quite friendly. He introduced himself first, and then he let me talk about my past experience. He asked about some brief questions on basic programming concepts, and then some questions on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What are the key features of object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baidu in June 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Took roughly 3 hours. First round was technical, asked about java concepts and design patterns and how would actually implement these in real situation, in addition, there's algorithm questions. Second round was the walk through of resume, technologies used in the previous project...obstacles.... Third round was a behavioral round with the manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baidu in April 2017.

Interview

Offered an online assessment of 10 programming languages concept questions and one coding test of implementing a calculator. I did not do well due to poor preparation on the concept questions, but the coding part was quite easy.

Interview Questions

• OA:
      1. 10 concept questions on the programming language you pick. As I picked Python, questions are like "difference between list and tuple", "what is _init_() for?", and "what is WITH used for?", etc. Must finish each one within one minute.
      2. Coding problems. Implement a function of calculator to output the result given an input of math expression like " 3+ 4 *5 / 7 ".

Summarization: Not that hard, but failed. Maybe I did not do well in part 1, and part 2 also was a little bit short of time.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

little bit hard, tricky, including tell me about yourself, go through your resume,the extracurricular activities at your school, relevant courses. The interviewer was nice. The interview took around 40 mins including a small case. Need to be prepared before your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One hour coding assessment on oneinterview.io. The interview had one coding question and 10 questions on your preferred coding language.
    One technical phone screen with an engineer. Talked about my experience and two coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Common coding questions. Follow up questions on the complexity and alternative approaches.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hr was prompt followed by two technical telephonic interviews. overall bad experience .
    Interview was for Baidu labs sunny vale usa position, they are working on AI .

Interview Questions

• first round : Best time to buy and sell stock, check the leetcode buy and sell stock -1 , buy and stock-2 and one buy and buy and sell stock using Dynamic programming.

Round 2: REST API Design, Basic web application questions and implement LRU cache.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baidu (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The group came our university to tech talk. And I turned in my Resume and get a chance. It is based on ML and CV. It is a good interview. People are kind.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baidu in January 2017.

Interview

i go to interview and talk to them, they are nice and friendly. I prepared early so that I talk a lot.i go to interview and talk to them, they are nice and friendly. I prepared early so that I talk a lot.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baidu (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through a friend by forwarding my cv
    Then I received an Email with four questions that I had to pass in order to get to the real interview
    The questions were :
    1- In designing a mobile microblog app what some of the key concepts that should be considered, and what is the difference between it and the actual website ?
    2- For a forum, the most important thing is the number of active users. If you were to operate an anime forum how would you increase the number of active users and why ?
    3- Pick up a music website that you are most familiar with and analyze the value it gives to its users and what is difference between it and other music websites >
    3- Draw a design for an air conditioner remote control, and tell us why you designed it this way ?
    You have one week to finish this questions and then you get a phone call with the interview time .

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly about Baidu current products and how we can enhance them to be better ? For example hao123 and Baidu answers
      also some question for your background on product desging   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineer position at baidu. 2 phone interviews. The HR staffs were very nice and they promptly responded to my emails and they were very smart, nice and very approachable. They seemed to be pleasant to work with and they are good at what they do there.