Baidu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baidu Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Machine Learning Engineer at Baidu AI Lab.
    A online test as the first round, answer a series of machine learning and python concept questions and you are given less than 1 minute to write for each question. Then a simple coding task implementing a very basic model in NLP using Python.

A Skype interview as the second round, answer a series of questions regarding typical machine learning models or tasks, most of them are not questions on concept and are practical question that may happen when implementing the algorithms from scratch. Then followed by a very simple coding question on data structure.

Interview Questions

• What are the causes for gradient descent to converge slow/not converge in different machine learning algorithms?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I receive an OA programming test online, it was one hour long programming challenge.
    Then phone interview1 asks about projects, experience on the resume, some basic knowledge about machine learning, and algorithms.
    And no luck.

Interview Questions

• OA
      1. Ten basic questions about the language you choose (Java/C++/Ruby/Python).
      2. Implemented a calculator with given functions.

Phone interview
      projects, algorithms, machine learning etc.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 3-4 weeks. Then I got the phone interview. The interviewer asked me some machine learning concepts and a coding problem. Some machine learning concepts are specific questions, others are related to my school projects.

Interview Questions

• If the gradient descent doesn't converge, what might be the problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

First asked about projects and courses. Then asked two technical problems:
    1. given a objective function, calculate the range of its learning rate
    2. check valid BST
    The interview was indeed not so hard, however, I failed it... Baidu AI lab is my dream place. Next time wish I have a better luck

Interview Questions

• 1. given a objective function, calculate the range of its learning rate
      2. check valid BST   Answer Question

Hpc Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with recruiter on the phone, then communicate through email. Interviewed with 4 interviewers in 1 day, and then met with the recruiter at the end. Tour of their office but the lab is elsewhere. The coding interview is a bit of a challenge. Networking questions (how to setup VLAN, and others) also involved.

Interview Questions

• Write algorithm in your favorite language for sorting 2 arrays   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baidu in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Machine Learning researcher at Baidu USA. Be sure to know your machine learning algorithms and the purpose of, how to code, and how to use BSTs!!

Interview Questions

• 2 technical questions: one machine learning classification problem and one coding question on how to check for a valid BST.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in May 2015.

Interview

I was in the US when I interviewed for an intern position in Beijing. I went through 2 video interviews through skype, one by a product manager and the other by a senior software engineer. The product manager asked some behavior questions and details about some of the projects I put on my resume. The 2nd interview I was asked to solve 2 coding problems in real-time, with the interviewer guiding me through the process.

Interview Questions

• A question about bit manipulation, another about SQL data extraction   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked the projects that you have done in detail and the programming related questions. Besides, there are some questions regarding the indexing and sorting huge amount of data with limited memory space. The offer was made, but later canceled without telling the reasons.

Interview Questions

• Indexing and sorting huge amount of data with limited memory space.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baidu.

Interview

First, they gave you a writing Interview. I remembered that there were 2000 people came for that test. The two days later, you will get call for the Group Interview. In the group interview, there will be 10 people. And the interviewer ask the group one questions, you discussed it about 20 minutes, and then one person presented the answer. During the whole process, the interviewer wont comment anything. They picked 2 out of 10. Then, two round of 1:1 interviews. After that, it was the senior manager interview. This one actually decide which team you are going.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by on-site meetings with 4 individual professionals including HR team and executive member. They are all knowledgeable and encouraging, and shared with me their working experience as well as currently on-going project. In general it was a pleasant experience.