Baidu Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baidu Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baidu in April 2017.

Interview

Offered an online assessment of 10 programming languages concept questions and one coding test of implementing a calculator. I did not do well due to poor preparation on the concept questions, but the coding part was quite easy.

Interview Questions

• OA:
    1. 10 concept questions on the programming language you pick. As I picked Python, questions are like "difference between list and tuple", "what is _init_() for?", and "what is WITH used for?", etc. Must finish each one within one minute.
    2. Coding problems. Implement a function of calculator to output the result given an input of math expression like " 3+ 4 *5 / 7 ".

Summarization: Not that hard, but failed. Maybe I did not do well in part 1, and part 2 also was a little bit short of time.

Other Interview Reviews for Baidu

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One hour coding assessment on oneinterview.io. The interview had one coding question and 10 questions on your preferred coding language.
    One technical phone screen with an engineer. Talked about my experience and two coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Common coding questions. Follow up questions on the complexity and alternative approaches.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineer position at baidu. 2 phone interviews. The HR staffs were very nice and they promptly responded to my emails and they were very smart, nice and very approachable. They seemed to be pleasant to work with and they are good at what they do there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hour coding assessment on oneinterview, 10 questions on your preferred coding language.
    1 technical phone screen with an engineer, talking about experience and 2 coding questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and received an email to take a technical screening about a week or two later. The technical screening was done by a third party website with a two hour time limit although Baidu said I could go 15 minutes over. There was only one question, and although I'm pretty sure I completed it well, I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Baidu USA, Super un-professional.
    I applied on LinkedIn, an hr contacted me, she scheduled a phone interview, and two days later emailed me about the position not being available anymore. One day after all these, they have posted the position on LinkedIn again! She didn't even ask my phone number!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baidu (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I receive an OA programming test online, it was one hour long programming challenge.
    Then phone interview1 asks about projects, experience on the resume, some basic knowledge about machine learning, and algorithms.
    And no luck.

Interview Questions

• OA
      1. Ten basic questions about the language you choose (Java/C++/Ruby/Python).
      2. Implemented a calculator with given functions.

Phone interview
      projects, algorithms, machine learning etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baidu in May 2015.

Interview

I was in the US when I interviewed for an intern position in Beijing. I went through 2 video interviews through skype, one by a product manager and the other by a senior software engineer. The product manager asked some behavior questions and details about some of the projects I put on my resume. The 2nd interview I was asked to solve 2 coding problems in real-time, with the interviewer guiding me through the process.

Interview Questions

• A question about bit manipulation, another about SQL data extraction   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
      I failed to answer virtual table related question.

Time conflict