Bain Capital Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Bain Capital Interview Questions in Boston, MA

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through a case, then asked me why I was interested in the internship. I am a pre-med student so I just told the truth. Interviewer said case was solid and he could tell that I was passionate about the role, but my lack of background might hinder me in the process, which I guess it did.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in finance even though I had no finance background.   Answer Question

Marketing Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in through an agency that was looking to fill the role. The interview was engaging and of average difficulty. The people were great. It went much better than expected. Don't be intimidated by the high rise and fancy offices. Its a great place. I had a phone interview followed by a face to face. Bain has many contractors so they have decent processes in place if you're coming in on an assignment.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview followed by the face-to-face with 2 interviewers, they asked about my experience, the obvious questions and how I would handle their projects. They gave me good information regarding the project and the requirements.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. I met with several members of the team, and everyone was very friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and conversational. The focus was on my experience. No trick questions. Plenty of opportunity for me to ask questions. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. Mostly "Tell me about your background", "Tell me about yourself", "Why do want to work for Bain"?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviewed in their office in the John Hancock Tower. Interviewed with 2 different people, the Direct Manager of the sector and the VP of that sector. Mostly asked about experiences and situational questions rather than technical questions. This was only the first interview so I assume that the technical finance questions would be asked in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you had to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, yet still did not get hired. Apparently was overqualified. Not sure if that was the accurate reason but knew I could do the job with my eyes closed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Second interview was coordinated a month after the first so the timing is dependent on finding the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• General questions were answered and nothing out of the typical administrative questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Worked with a recruiter so little negotiation was done.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall, took three weeks for a phone screen, six in-person interviews, and an offer to be extended. In-person interviews included four IT employees and two business sponsors. Basic behavioral interview discussions along with typical discussion of long term career goals ("Tell me where you want to be in five years...").

Interview Questions

• Review a case study for a reporting application and facilitate user discovery session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

20 minute phone screen followed by a 4 round in person interview at their Boston Office at the John Hancock Tower. The time distance between phone and in person interview was 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as they were all behavioral/fit type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very disappointed interview with them. Arrogant people, outdated technology, poor performance computer. I was approached by agent, and the phone screen run so well that they asked for onsite interview. I found out that it would take me one day off going Boston Backbay to take one hour computer based test, then go home and listen to the next step. I was a contractor and couldn't afford to lose one day pay with nothing. I insisted test and interview on the same day, but agent couldn't arrange this. I rejected the interview and gave up the opportunity. Then person from Bain Capital who interviewed me over the phone directly contacted me and convinced me that it was worthy to take a try. Then, he phoned me again and told me his managers agree to break the rule and let me take the test and then proceed to interview if the test result is positive.
     Half hour before I head to Bain Capital for interview, I received the sample code exam question from my agent. Apparently, they changed the game plan, instead of computer based questions, they would test by programming skill. It would be fair game anyway. When I headed to their office, I waited about 10 minutes and finally a person came and brought me several floors down. He gave me notebook computer that run a VM which is very slow (sticky mouse movement, and very slow response from key hit) that greatly reduced my productivity. At that time, Visual Studio 2012 had released, but the IDE on the VM was still Visual Studio 2008. The project was ASP.NET webform with ADO.NET data access, but my interests had shifted to ASP.NET MVC. There is no internet for helper, local help system missing the ADO.NET document. With all these curbs, I managed finished merely more than half of the work in 50 minutes. They did take credit of the slow computer, so I ended up with wasting my day for nothing.

Interview Questions

• The skeleton project was itself not difficult if you have been doing WebForms and ADO.NET.
      They expect you found the tricks they designed, trouble shoot, and make the program run.
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Sankaty Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied on campus via our university's internship listing system, and got an interview. I believe they look for past investing or consulting experience and GPA. Interview was an investment case with math involved, very open ended. Interviewer gives you an industry and asks you to think about whether it's attractive to make an investment in the industry. Case preparation a la consulting case interviews are very helpful. Nice people, great office at the top of the John Hancock.

Interview Questions

• Business case involving an industry, think about all of the standard consulting stuff (revenue, costs, capital, supply/demand, market).   Answer Question