Bain & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

On campus interview for first round (two 30 minute case interviews with two different people (Business Anaylist, people with MBAs or have worked there for more than three years). One case was a retail case and the other was a car sharing company. The retail case focused on whether the company would make more money buying a company or leasing out space to another company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview, two back to back 30 minute case interviews -- no fit questions involved. A standard case question about a taco truck that wanted to open a store, what pros and cons would you consider? It included a market sizing and a strategy portion. They will grill you pretty hard and press you with follow-up questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. The people were all very nice and the cases were not extremely hard. Know the basics. A case about a wood mat company whose products were used by oil n gas companies due to environmental regulations.

Interview Questions

• Things to consider to decide whether to invest in a firm.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview - two back-to-back 30-45 min interviews, mixture of cases and fit in each. Market sizing question and a market entry question. Interviewers were nice and professional. Fit portions only consisted of discussing 3 work experiences from my resume. They take a day to tell you whether you got through to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How many years will it take the ham manufacturer to cover his fixed costs if he expands to this new market?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Recruited through school, first round and second round in 2 days back to back. Open ended cases in the 2nd round.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had two 1:1 interviews with professionals. They were very sweet and professional. Two interviews were all about case interviews with no behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was selected through my university's campus recruiting website. It is very important to apply both through their website and on your university's site. It was at a hotel near campus and I arrived on time. When I got there I had 2 consecutive 45 minute case interviews. They were not particularly difficult but I think it became apparent that I hadn't practiced enough. I found out that night I was not invited back.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the frozen banana market in NYC?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

After a round of CV shortlisting, a non-eliminative written case study was given to the candidates. Forty-five minutes were alotted for this round. It was followed by two rounds of interview (one guesstimate and one case interview).

Interview Questions

• Estimate the amount of white paint sold in India per year.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was of 2 rounds. The first round was mainly focused on estimation questions along with details asked related to resume. The second one involved HR question with a case study and a guesstimate to check analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Number of red swift cars in Delhi at a particular time.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a test with basic math, statistics and data interpretation questions. They then had two rounds that were based on technical skills and problem solving. The first one was a guesstimate round, followed by a thorough case round. The process is structured and to the point. They do consider your CV and extra curricular.

Interview Questions

• What is the feasibility of building a mall in Mumbai? Build a structured case   Answer Question