Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

On-campus interview after applying through my university's career center. Had 2 business cases but didn't go through to the next round. Warm and welcoming team but no feedback on how I did in the interview even after follow-up. Neat process overall, seems like a great place to work but very competitive recruitment. Will definitely try again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied online from non-target, had a phone call with an AC to discuss interest and run a case, was invited for first round interview a few days later. First round interview was 2 45min cases over Skype with short behavioral section. Final round was the same structure but in person. Cases were what you'd expect if you've done your research/practice. They were even more casual/conversational than expected. Based off my experiences with who got offers and who didn't, lots of value was placed on fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I knew a contact for an office outside of the US. After a couple of 30 minute conversations about consulting he gave me the chance to apply via his referral. I was contacted three months later for a first round interview in Chicago. This interview consisted of two - 30 minute cases. Both were about profitability. One had to do with the application of a new technology and the other focused on discovering the cause for declining revenue in a company. Final rounds consisted of two - 40 minute cases in New York. Similar questions but more ambiguous and open-ended. They really wanted to know the methodology uses to find the answers I put forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for the Associate Consultant position in NYC. I applied through an on campus interview process. The process took about three weeks in total. I did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied on campus and received an on campus my interview. My final round interview was also on campus. Both interviews involved a few behavioral questions and a case question.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round on campus with 2 case interviews each lasting 30 minutes. No behavioral in the first round. Flown out to Chicago for second round. Second round had 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral all 30 minutes and back to back. All very nice people but interviews were challenging as would be expected.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was basically all cases with a few behavioral questions. I went through the first round and the final round. Each round consisted of two case interviews. They were what I expected. Important to be personable and confident. Definitely do not take too much time answering the questions and have a strong business knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus first round, two 30-minute interviews with two Senior Associate Consultants. Typical Bain format with market sizing and then related questions about new market entry. Each one also started with maybe <5 minutes of behavioral, which was basically "why Bain" and "why consulting." Final round was in office with two partners, 40 minutes each. These are atypical cases, neither with market sizing and more probing questions asked -- one was even a little interviewee-led. Everyone was extremely nice throughout the whole process.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Invited to on Campus interview. Two 15-20 min interviews with two different people. Both interviews were cases, one with market sizing one without. No behavioral questions. The case itself is not too hard, just make sure to stick to the objective and not get off track. Because behavioral is not included in the first round, it is important to do really well on the two cases.