Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.7

412 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 back-to-back case interviews at school career center. Got interviewers' profile before going in. Each started with 1-2 behavioral questions, then a case (market entry, profitability, market-sizing) and ended with a couple of questions for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied through my university (cover letter, resume, transcript). Interviewed on campus-2 30 minute cases with different interviewers. Later that day i found out I got to the final round which was the next day. These were one hour with principal/vp's-30 min case and 30 minutes of behavioral/conversation. Was informed a week later I did not get an offer (wasn't a surprise because I knew I messed up one case and in those competitive finals you really have to be flawless basically). Overall a good experience and was great practice for other consulting/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute case interviews on campus. Interviewer does a great job of guiding you through case. One market sizing question/increase profits question and another deciding whether or not a company should invest in a certain product

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through targeted on-campus recruiting and received an invite shortly thereafter. The interview process was two back-to-back cases. Each case was interviewee led with supplemental charts and data. My interviewers were both very warm and comfortable. There was a brief "Tell me something about yourself" in the first case, but the process is very case heavy.

I did not proceed to the next round, but still received a phone call from one of my recruiters to explain the process - a very nice touch.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview: two 30 minutes case interview with some behavioral questions. The case interviews are fun and should be doable with preparation. However, not sure with their criteria for the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Why Bain and why consulting?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Very pleasant, applied through university. Process was quick. Two cases, behavioral questions at the beginning of the interview. Case was straightforward--math was simple and concepts were easy. Overall a good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process is fairly quick and painless. Everyone is extremely nice throughout. First round interview in Boston office. Typically they are somewhat math heavy problems. Its nothing crazy but practicing mental math is critical.

Interview Questions

• Two market sizing questions linked with pricing and an acquisition.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through my university and had two on-campus interviews. The interviewers seem to have an idea of who they want to pass onto the next round based off of a schmoozing event the day before.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews consisted of standard behavioral questions and two market sizing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and the process was straightforward. Each interview has a behavioral component and a case part. The tone is conversational for the behavioral part of it, and slightly more formal for the actual case.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round was fairly straightforward case interviews with market sizing and product rollout questions. Interviewers were super friendly and fairly helpful. There were also a handful of boilerplate personal/behavioral questions about why Bain/why consulting/etc.