Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.7

393 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview: two 30 minutes case interview with some behavioral questions. The case interviews are fun and should be doable with preparation. However, not sure with their criteria for the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Very pleasant, applied through university. Process was quick. Two cases, behavioral questions at the beginning of the interview. Case was straightforward--math was simple and concepts were easy. Overall a good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process is fairly quick and painless. Everyone is extremely nice throughout. First round interview in Boston office. Typically they are somewhat math heavy problems. Its nothing crazy but practicing mental math is critical.

Interview Questions

• Two market sizing questions linked with pricing and an acquisition.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through my university and had two on-campus interviews. The interviewers seem to have an idea of who they want to pass onto the next round based off of a schmoozing event the day before.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews consisted of standard behavioral questions and two market sizing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and the process was straightforward. Each interview has a behavioral component and a case part. The tone is conversational for the behavioral part of it, and slightly more formal for the actual case.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round was fairly straightforward case interviews with market sizing and product rollout questions. Interviewers were super friendly and fairly helpful. There were also a handful of boilerplate personal/behavioral questions about why Bain/why consulting/etc.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

For reference I applied from a non OCR school. The first round consisted of two 30 minute Bain style case interviews (structuring the problem, going in to a shallow degree, then breaking into a market sizing.) These were with an SAC and a Consultant. There was a short 4-5 minutes at the end for some questions. The second round was two more cases; this time with a manager and a partner and were 45 minutes long. A bit more in depth as well. One Bain style one more traditional interviewee led case (felt very BCGy). More time at the end to ask questions. Everyone was extremely nice, from the recruiters to the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Providence, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through on-campus recruiting so my first round interview was on my campus. There were two back to back 30 minute interviews with a case study - and both case studies were very math intensive. It is interviewee led so be confident. Feeling nervous is a serious hindrance!

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.

First two rounds are consist of 2 case interviews (with a bit of behavirol questions on the side) for each rounds
    Last round was one behavirol interview with a partner.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Cases were fairly straightforward but hard to tell where they wanted you to go sometimes. The case also goes by very quickly so it didn't really reach a good end point at all. You definitely need to drive the case quickly.