Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.7

377 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Cases were fairly straightforward but hard to tell where they wanted you to go sometimes. The case also goes by very quickly so it didn't really reach a good end point at all. You definitely need to drive the case quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had leading a team.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

it was a good process. they were very nice. The questions are somtimes hard, and require a lot of thought, but then again being a managment consultant is very demanding. The bain people were definitely the smartest of any of the consulting firms'

Interview Questions

• shoulda coffee chain expand   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a case interview with multiple cases over multiple rounds. I enjoyed the discussion with each of the interviewers. the cases weren't easy, but they weren't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about opening a pizza place   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical case interviews. First round was 2 case interview in the Boston office, met 2 consultants. Final round was a whole case interview with the manager and partner flied from the home office. Overall experience was really nice. The case analyzing skills is important.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

On-campus interview after applying through my university's career center. Had 2 business cases but didn't go through to the next round. Warm and welcoming team but no feedback on how I did in the interview even after follow-up. Neat process overall, seems like a great place to work but very competitive recruitment. Will definitely try again.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied online from non-target, had a phone call with an AC to discuss interest and run a case, was invited for first round interview a few days later. First round interview was 2 45min cases over Skype with short behavioral section. Final round was the same structure but in person. Cases were what you'd expect if you've done your research/practice. They were even more casual/conversational than expected. Based off my experiences with who got offers and who didn't, lots of value was placed on fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I knew a contact for an office outside of the US. After a couple of 30 minute conversations about consulting he gave me the chance to apply via his referral. I was contacted three months later for a first round interview in Chicago. This interview consisted of two - 30 minute cases. Both were about profitability. One had to do with the application of a new technology and the other focused on discovering the cause for declining revenue in a company. Final rounds consisted of two - 40 minute cases in New York. Similar questions but more ambiguous and open-ended. They really wanted to know the methodology uses to find the answers I put forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for the Associate Consultant position in NYC. I applied through an on campus interview process. The process took about three weeks in total. I did not receive an offer.