Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews (first round and final round) with 2 interviews each. There was a large case interview component (interactive business case) and then questions about fit. The interviewers were very friendly during all stages of the process and helped us work through the business case

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

The standard consulting process; multiple rounds of multiple interviews, encompassing both fit and case. The cases varied in difficulty, but overall it was a very pleasant process. The interviewers were very nice and genuinely interested in you as a person, above the required problem solving power you'd need to crack the cases

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a difficult team to work with and how did you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2016.

Interview

Na goedkeuring van je cv en cover letter krijg je een bevestigingsmail waarin verschillende nuttige documenten en sites worden meegedeeld om je optimaal voor te bereiden op de case interviews. (bvb Wetfeet.com en Vault.com). Eerst twee interviews van 1 uur met senior consultants, telkens met case. Tweede ronde twee interviews met twee managers. Derde ronde interview met Partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus interview consisted of two 30-minute case interviews back to back. Heard that I had moved onto the onsite visit which took place less than 2 weeks later and was another 2 case interviews each lasting about 30 minutes long with about 10 minutes of behavioral in each of them. Heard back from the recruiter a week and a half later that they were not extending an offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Runde: 3 Interviews (wovon in einem vollumfänglich ein Case gelöst wurde; in den beiden anderen standen zusätzlich Personal Fit Fragen im Vordergrund).
    2. Runde: 2 Interviews (im ersten Interview der 2. Runde wurde noch einmal ein Case gelöst; es standen jedoch Personal Fit Fragen im Vordergrund; im 2. Interview wurde mir bereits ein Vertragsangebot gemacht)

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview procedure is very similar to the ones at other top tier strategy consultants.
    Three rounds of interviews, each having two interviews each. Every interviews consists of three parts: the personal interview (CV/experience based), case interview and questions to get a sense of the capability of the candidate to interact. As the rounds progress you will be interviewed by increasingly senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• What is the extracurricular activity that you are the most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you want to improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it is an entry position for which many people apply, there is not a lot of room to negotiate the monetary terms of the contract. They are mostly benchmarked to similar entry positions in the region/sector. It might be possible to negotiate more soft conditions, such as the type of project to preferably work on, if you have leverage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the associate consultant position through my school's on campus recruiting center. The process took around a week. The interviews were all two 30 minute interviews on campus. The interviewers seemed really rushed compared to other firms (mckinsey and bcg). It did not seem like the interviewers cared much about behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews and each round had two interviews. Each interview was approximately 45 minutes. The first five minutes were spent getting to know one another, the next 35 minutes were spent doing a case, and the last five minutes remaining were for me to ask the interviewer questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

I applied with a resume and cover letter through the initial on campus recruiting website, and received an email a week later to schedule the interview. The interview consisted of two back to back case interviews with separate interviewers. They were pretty friendly and professional, although the competition for this job is steep.