Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.7

372 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round on campus with 2 case interviews each lasting 30 minutes. No behavioral in the first round. Flown out to Chicago for second round. Second round had 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral all 30 minutes and back to back. All very nice people but interviews were challenging as would be expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was basically all cases with a few behavioral questions. I went through the first round and the final round. Each round consisted of two case interviews. They were what I expected. Important to be personable and confident. Definitely do not take too much time answering the questions and have a strong business knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus first round, two 30-minute interviews with two Senior Associate Consultants. Typical Bain format with market sizing and then related questions about new market entry. Each one also started with maybe <5 minutes of behavioral, which was basically "why Bain" and "why consulting." Final round was in office with two partners, 40 minutes each. These are atypical cases, neither with market sizing and more probing questions asked -- one was even a little interviewee-led. Everyone was extremely nice throughout the whole process.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Invited to on Campus interview. Two 15-20 min interviews with two different people. Both interviews were cases, one with market sizing one without. No behavioral questions. The case itself is not too hard, just make sure to stick to the objective and not get off track. Because behavioral is not included in the first round, it is important to do really well on the two cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super straight forward two cases. One was about pharma and the other was manufacturing. They were both profit and loss and they both were about calculating the break even point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview as part of on-campus recruitment. No fit section--straight into 2 cases case. They weren't that hard of cases--market sizing/profitability. One interview was with a senior Associate and the other interview was with a consultant. Try to nail your interview with the more senior person.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview: 2 back-to-back case interview. Received invitation to the second round, which is scheduled a week later, on the same day. Second round interview: 1 written case interview. Few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Do you have any question for Bain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university, process took around 2 weeks. Got called in for a first round interview - 2 30 minute interviews with different people. The first guy was nice and friendly, and he dived straight into a case interview, the second guy was more serious and asked some fit questions as well. I had a good time giving my first interview, though I made quite a few nervous errors which certainly cost me.

Interview Questions

• What is the feasibility of opening a food truck on your college campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two 30-minute cases. Second round consisted of two 40-minute cases. Each had some basic personality questions mixed in. The interviewers were all quite nice and eager to assist during the cases. There were no tricks, no stunts, and nobody tried to make me feel off balance or uncomfortable.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was for the Seoul office.
    10 minute behavioral, 20 minute case, 10 minute Q&A
    The interviewer was very friendly and comfortabe. He helped me through the case when I was confused or struggling. The first interviewer started out with behavioral but the second interviewer went straight into a case. I think this really depends on the interviewer.

There were 2 interviews for first round and 2 interviews for second round.