Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.7

429 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.

First two rounds are consist of 2 case interviews (with a bit of behavirol questions on the side) for each rounds
Last round was one behavirol interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Cases were fairly straightforward but hard to tell where they wanted you to go sometimes. The case also goes by very quickly so it didn't really reach a good end point at all. You definitely need to drive the case quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through On Campus Recruiting. The first round consisted of two back-to-back, half-hour case interviews. One of them was a bit tougher to understand, but the overall structure was what I expected. I got notified that I got through to final round the day of the interview and had the final round 4 days later. The cases in final round were less structured and a lot more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (this is the only behavioral question I got)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were really friendly and trying to get to know the candidates. Bain has a great investment in diversity. The case interviews are definitely tough but feasible with sufficient preparation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through OCR. I found out I was given an interview in a week. The interview process was straightforward. I had 2 cases with 2 different interviewers. I felt that they didn't care much about understanding me as a person though.

Application

Interview

On campus interview. Submit a cover letter and transcript then heard back that I got a first round interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where the fist 5-10 mins was fit and the remaining 20-25 mins was a case. The cases were actually very simple (compared to the ones I'd been practicing in Case in Point), so just go in calm, so you can think logically. Be confident and know your mental math. CONFIDENCE IS KEY!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting and why Bain specifically?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had leading a team.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

it was a good process. they were very nice. The questions are somtimes hard, and require a lot of thought, but then again being a managment consultant is very demanding. The bain people were definitely the smartest of any of the consulting firms'

Interview Questions

• shoulda coffee chain expand   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a case interview with multiple cases over multiple rounds. I enjoyed the discussion with each of the interviewers. the cases weren't easy, but they weren't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about opening a pizza place   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked with 2 consultants, both were very friendly. Really helpful about guiding me in the case when I got lost. About 3-5 minutes for behavioral questions at the end.