Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round: 2 back to back cases. Straightforward cases, but difficult 'vibe' and the interviewers went out of their way to stress-test (asking questions that made it seem like I'd given the wrong answer to ensure I could back up my reasoning). 2nd round was three back to back cases, everyone was very friendly, very minimal behavioral questions (take me through your resume, and some follow up questions about resume).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A - no negotiation with AC offers.

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute on campus interviews, second round at the office of choice. The two formats were the same for both, but the second round was with Partners at the firm instead of other consultants who were flown in for the first round interview at the college. The interviewers were very nice and helpful--fit portion was pretty lacking in both interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus interview consisted of two 30-minute case interviews back to back. Heard that I had moved onto the onsite visit which took place less than 2 weeks later and was another 2 case interviews each lasting about 30 minutes long with about 10 minutes of behavioral in each of them. Heard back from the recruiter a week and a half later that they were not extending an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall a very positive and supportive experience- I got advice and feedback from full-time consultants along the way. First round was two brain-storm style cases (there's not enough time to do a really complicated case). Second round was slightly more in depth, but they still encourage you to get creative. Very few behavioral questions in each. Very competitive process, so there's a bit of luck involved no matter what.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you? What would they say is your weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a math-heavy case interview for 30 minutes, then a 10 minute behavioral interview, and 5 minutes for questions. Then you repeat this process with another interviewer. How well this goes depends on your confidence going into it, don't be afraid to defend your answers. Also each interviewer has a very distinct style so it's good to focus on their facial expressions for the first few minutes to see if your style is compatible or if you need to mix it up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward for consulting. First round on campus, with two very short cases, and then a flight out to the office for Second Round, which was two slightly longer cases.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Candidates usually go through 2 rounds of case interviews. Behavioral interview was reduced to about 5 min...not too many questions. Overall a positive experience, but prepare beforehand! Preparation is immensely helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was on campus, and consisted of two 30 minute cases adapted from the interviewers' actual experiences. Both were really nice and helpful, although the cases were interviewee-led, and left a few minutes at the end for questions. There were no behavioral questions, and the cases weren't particularly difficult. They called all candidates with the decision that same night.

Interview Questions

• A case about reversing profits, and another about cutting costs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in college. Selected and invited to a case workshop with all first round invitees. On-campus interview with 2 rounds. Each round is 30 minutes case interview with a consultant on a case he or she has worked on before.

Interview Questions

• Case questions, one on a pub with losing revenue and one on whether a billionaire should invest in a sport arena   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2016.

Interview

After resume and recruitment events for PhD students, I was invited to the Bain interviews in NYC. It consisted of 2 case studies, both relatively straightforward. One concerned a rental car operation's consideration of other business models, the other a grocery store's competitive response to increased competition. Both interviews included ample time for discussion about your experiences and questions as well.

I would not that of the 6 interviewees at my slot, (very surprisingly) I was the only one who had case interviews, so sometimes they may just do behavioral.

They were kind, humble, smart, and professional, more so than others (e.g. BCG). I would actually work for Bain!