Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

3.7

431 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Invited to on Campus interview. Two 15-20 min interviews with two different people. Both interviews were cases, one with market sizing one without. No behavioral questions. The case itself is not too hard, just make sure to stick to the objective and not get off track. Because behavioral is not included in the first round, it is important to do really well on the two cases.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. The recruiting team is incredibly kind and helpful, and willing to work with candidates before their interview with help scheduling, etc. I was studying abroad, so the first round was by phone and the second round was by skype. All 4 interviews were very focused on the case and while I definitely chatted with the interviewers about their experiences at Bain, the only "fit" question I got asked was "Why Bain?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super straight forward two cases. One was about pharma and the other was manufacturing. They were both profit and loss and they both were about calculating the break even point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview as part of on-campus recruitment. No fit section--straight into 2 cases case. They weren't that hard of cases--market sizing/profitability. One interview was with a senior Associate and the other interview was with a consultant. Try to nail your interview with the more senior person.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview: 2 back-to-back case interview. Received invitation to the second round, which is scheduled a week later, on the same day. Second round interview: 1 written case interview. Few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Do you have any question for Bain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university, process took around 2 weeks. Got called in for a first round interview - 2 30 minute interviews with different people. The first guy was nice and friendly, and he dived straight into a case interview, the second guy was more serious and asked some fit questions as well. I had a good time giving my first interview, though I made quite a few nervous errors which certainly cost me.

Interview Questions

• What is the feasibility of opening a food truck on your college campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two 30-minute cases. Second round consisted of two 40-minute cases. Each had some basic personality questions mixed in. The interviewers were all quite nice and eager to assist during the cases. There were no tricks, no stunts, and nobody tried to make me feel off balance or uncomfortable.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was for the Seoul office.
    10 minute behavioral, 20 minute case, 10 minute Q&A
    The interviewer was very friendly and comfortabe. He helped me through the case when I was confused or struggling. The first interviewer started out with behavioral but the second interviewer went straight into a case. I think this really depends on the interviewer.

There were 2 interviews for first round and 2 interviews for second round.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute case interviews on campus then they flew me to their office where I had one 30 minute fit interview (very laid back, more of a conversation about past work and I asked a ton of questions) and 3 30 minute case interviews. They called me that evening with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a first round interview at my school, and then was flown out to their Dallas office for a final round interview. Everyone was super nice and welcoming. Each interview was a case interview, and the first round interviews were a little bit easier than the final round interviews. They really like asking market sizing questions