Bain & Company Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.4

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ACI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was two 30 minute interviews. It was a case question and it was very quick, not a lot of time to talk about you as a person.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy interview. 3 people around 30min each. Mostly questions about resume and behavioral questions. Know your story and your strengths. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions too. There is a lot of time for this so have around 5 solid questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather do something perfectly and hand it in late, or do something on time that isnt quite perfect   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process is fairly quick and painless. Everyone is extremely nice throughout. First round interview in Boston office. Typically they are somewhat math heavy problems. Its nothing crazy but practicing mental math is critical.

Interview Questions

• Two market sizing questions linked with pricing and an acquisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and the process was straightforward. Each interview has a behavioral component and a case part. The tone is conversational for the behavioral part of it, and slightly more formal for the actual case.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

For reference I applied from a non OCR school. The first round consisted of two 30 minute Bain style case interviews (structuring the problem, going in to a shallow degree, then breaking into a market sizing.) These were with an SAC and a Consultant. There was a short 4-5 minutes at the end for some questions. The second round was two more cases; this time with a manager and a partner and were 45 minutes long. A bit more in depth as well. One Bain style one more traditional interviewee led case (felt very BCGy). More time at the end to ask questions. Everyone was extremely nice, from the recruiters to the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were really friendly and trying to get to know the candidates. Bain has a great investment in diversity. The case interviews are definitely tough but feasible with sufficient preparation.

AC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

OCR 2 30 min interviews back to back on campus. The interviewers were very friendly and generally tried to be helpful during the interview. I got invited for an OCI which happened one week later. I found out my result the day after.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of consulting and academic work?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview. Many cases that are rather basic. No specific on what the selection criteria are or how these rudimentary cases are selective. No feedback was provided afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Got asked about whether Nike should sponsor the outfits for basketball teams.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of two back-to-back interviews with two people at a time. This seemed strange to me, as both groups asked me virtually the same questions. I'd recommend that the company reassess the process. There was a brief walk-through tour, and then I was led back to the lobby. Most of the questions were asking me to elaborate on items on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply/what interests you about Bain? Explain x on your resume. What skills can you bring to Bain?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a first round interview on campus: there were two 45 minute interviewer led cases with recruiters, with no behavioral questions.
    I moved on to the final round interview at their office: here there were three 45 minute interviewee led cases with recruiters plus behavioral questions. The cases weren't conventional, they were much more open ended

Interview Questions

• There was a market sizing question, a purchasing question, and a profitability question.   Answer Question