Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Very friendly, consisted of three rounds all of them containing cases. First two rounds with consultants, last round with a partner. Not many behavioral questions. Fit questions asked last round. Overall, it was an awesome and beneficial experience.

Interview Questions

• Case study on opening an ethnic restaurant in the city of New York   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Typical consulting case interview. Two 30 minutes back to back cases. One in retailer industry and one in healthcare industry. Both are about profitability. Both have calculations. One of them has graph analysis. No behavioral question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward! Before the interview there were a couple opportunities to network with junior and senior members of the Bain team. After sending in a cover letter and a resume, you were contacted back for an interview within a week. The first round of interviews was held on campus and consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Both interviews started with a small fit portion where they asked personal questions about your experience. They looked for confident genuine answers. Then we jumped into the case itself. This case had less guidance from the interviewer and you were expected to set up your approach, walk the interviewer through this framework, and draw information through logical questions. As you asked questions they pulled out information (graphs and tables) that you would analyze to get more insight into the case. Although this interview was not math intensive the graphs were tricky.

Interview Questions

• When was a moment you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One Test, then one case interview, then 1st round 2 cases interviews. The HR was very helpful, the interviewers were ok, the working environment seemed gut. The only con would be making us flight 6h in the morning and then wait 3h hours in the office for the round beginn. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

• Business sense related, lots of graphical information, calculations envolved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through a resume screen, a first round interview which consisted of two cases with a little time set aside at the beginning for behavioral. Similar structure for the final round interview - two longer cases with some behavioral at the beginning. The total process took about 30 minutes each for the first round, and 45 minutes each for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Out of the four cases during first and final round interviews, two of them were retail cases.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very professional interview process from start to finish. Bain is interested in well rounded professionals, deliver within that mold and you should get an interview. Once in the interview you need to be savvy and demonstrate basic business knowledge. Otherwise just be very personable, consulting requires solid social skills after all. I met with the two interviewers and I was sure to follow up with an email.

They think they are very smart over there at Bain, just practice your cases hard and you too might have a shot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and was called back within a week of having submitted it. There were two rounds of interviews, each 15 minutes long and each with a Consultant. This might be because I was a college student, but prior to the interview, I was contacted by an Analyst who helped guide me through the process. I highly encourage individuals applying to take advantage of this person.

Interview Questions

• For the first round of interviews, there was a very short behavioral question segment (tell me about yourself, tell me about x and y on your resume, highlight 3 points on your resume for me etc) and then a case. The case is based off of a recent project of theirs. It's not wildly difficult by any means, but the presentation is expected to be very clean. Confidence is critical.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through school career center, had first round at school with two case interviews, and three days later got a call to go to the second round, which was one behavioral/background interview and two case interviews

Interview Questions

• Market-sizing questions that depended not on customers and demand but rather on supply   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

Small daily conversation followed by one case interview, and close by a Q&A session.