Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bain & Company

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied via the company's website. Got an email saying I got an interview around 2 weeks after the application deadline. Had the interview 2 weeks after the email.

The first-round interview was with 2 consultants, around 30-40 minutes each. Behavioral question for around 5 minutes for each interviewer and the rest was case study questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
    Tell me about a time you have conflict and how did you resolve it.
    Case study questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round on campus, second round they flew me to the office I applied to. Got lots of different interviewers; some difficult, some easier. The higher-ranking people in the company tended to be the more difficult interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (South Bend, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

30 minutes back to back interviews for an hour. All the questions were case interviews, nothing behavioral. They just wanted to know my skills and it was also intimidating because it felt like I was just a machine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

There were two thirty minute interviews, both of which were cases. One was more quantitative (which I probably did better on) and one was more qualitative. It was my first interview ever so it was a little awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Contacted me for an interview with a case prep workshop beforehand. Two 30 minute interviews with two different people. Each interview consisted of a 20 minute case and 10 minutes for questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Very friendly, consisted of three rounds all of them containing cases. First two rounds with consultants, last round with a partner. Not many behavioral questions. Fit questions asked last round. Overall, it was an awesome and beneficial experience.

Interview Questions

• Case study on opening an ethnic restaurant in the city of New York   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Typical consulting case interview. Two 30 minutes back to back cases. One in retailer industry and one in healthcare industry. Both are about profitability. Both have calculations. One of them has graph analysis. No behavioral question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward! Before the interview there were a couple opportunities to network with junior and senior members of the Bain team. After sending in a cover letter and a resume, you were contacted back for an interview within a week. The first round of interviews was held on campus and consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Both interviews started with a small fit portion where they asked personal questions about your experience. They looked for confident genuine answers. Then we jumped into the case itself. This case had less guidance from the interviewer and you were expected to set up your approach, walk the interviewer through this framework, and draw information through logical questions. As you asked questions they pulled out information (graphs and tables) that you would analyze to get more insight into the case. Although this interview was not math intensive the graphs were tricky.

Interview Questions

• When was a moment you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One Test, then one case interview, then 1st round 2 cases interviews. The HR was very helpful, the interviewers were ok, the working environment seemed gut. The only con would be making us flight 6h in the morning and then wait 3h hours in the office for the round beginn. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

• Business sense related, lots of graphical information, calculations envolved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through a resume screen, a first round interview which consisted of two cases with a little time set aside at the beginning for behavioral. Similar structure for the final round interview - two longer cases with some behavioral at the beginning. The total process took about 30 minutes each for the first round, and 45 minutes each for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Out of the four cases during first and final round interviews, two of them were retail cases.   Answer Question