Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring consists of four stages: written case and three couples of interviews, both it Russian and English (for Moscow office). It is sometimes a lengthy process, given that it the number of applicants greatly exceeds interview slots (which are conducted on Fridays mainly). Interviews are conducted by consultants themselves, so they have pretty unbiased view on your skill and midset, so the result is fairly just. Feedback is given usually the same day (if positive) or after the weekend (if negative), sometimes longer for more senior interviewers

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding staff outsourcing process and associated revenue allocation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is fixed at starting level, nothing to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Focus was on how to value debt investments; namely evaluating the cash flows (ie, coupon payment); discussing effect of external interest rates on the value of the bond (ie, inverse relationship); etc

Interview Questions

• How would you think about bond investments in distressed companies?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus Hiring - CV screening, Preplacement talk, Preplacement Aptitude Test followed by 3 stage one-on-one eliminatory interviews
    A smooth portal with a points based bucket-wise screening metric to rate academic performance, work experience, positions of repsonsiblities and extra-curriculars. The aptitude test is tricky for an average quant-degree Graduate requriing quick thinking.

Interview Questions

• Guesstimates - unique and tricky. Discussion on each item on the CV in a conversational manner.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two phone interviews and cases. The company offered help from two current employees on preparing for the case interviews. They were very nice and helpful. The whole process took a week. Heard back a little over a week later that I was not moving on to the next round.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2015.

Interview

One GMAT style test followed by CV analysis, group case and three rounds of 2 cases each.
    The group case was interesting. How each one interacted within the group was far more important than the result itself.
    Some cases were a lot harder than others. And they didn't follow any pattern, some were interviewer led others cadidate led.
    I found this fact the most difficult during the interviews. The case I failed, I thought the interviewer was leading it, as he kept asking questions and didn't give me time to explain how the answer related to the problem or to state the next steps, but in the end he said that even though I answered most of the questions correctly I should had been more proactive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through a resume screen, a first round interview which consisted of two cases with a little time set aside at the beginning for behavioral. Similar structure for the final round interview - two longer cases with some behavioral at the beginning. The total process took about 30 minutes each for the first round, and 45 minutes each for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Out of the four cases during first and final round interviews, two of them were retail cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and was called back within a week of having submitted it. There were two rounds of interviews, each 15 minutes long and each with a Consultant. This might be because I was a college student, but prior to the interview, I was contacted by an Analyst who helped guide me through the process. I highly encourage individuals applying to take advantage of this person.

Interview Questions

• For the first round of interviews, there was a very short behavioral question segment (tell me about yourself, tell me about x and y on your resume, highlight 3 points on your resume for me etc) and then a case. The case is based off of a recent project of theirs. It's not wildly difficult by any means, but the presentation is expected to be very clean. Confidence is critical.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company in May 2014.

Interview

I guess this is only valid in Brazil:

First there's a GMAT-like test and then a business case test. Average difficulty, really short time.
    Then there's a group panel (or group dynamics as we call it in Brazil). Just focus on rule #3 (for those of you who been around Victor Cheng's videos).

Between these two first stages there's a cut rate of about 90% of candidates.
    If you're among the remaining 10%, then it's off to the interviews.

First round interviews: Two case interviews with consultants and/or managers.
    Second round interviews: Two case interviews with managers.
    Third round interviews: Two case interviews with partners.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview

I recruited for Bain via UC Berkeley's on campus interview process. The information sessions were valuable in providing information about projects and office culture. The interview felt a little bit rushed as they were interviewing quite a few candidates over a few days. The one difference between the interviw and preparation is that they feed you data and ask you analyze it versus have you extract data via your own logical processes, this made it hard to demonstrate one's own though process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• To explain the desire to be a consultant without being vague   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

The first round is a written-case interview. The most challenging thing about it is time pressure. The handout contains about 20+ slides and 5 slides in which we are supposed to write down our solutions. Calculators are not allowed, though there are long figures to divide, add, multiply and subtract.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing on this round is time management.   Answer Question