Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

Small daily conversation followed by one case interview, and close by a Q&A session.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview

I recruited for Bain via UC Berkeley's on campus interview process. The information sessions were valuable in providing information about projects and office culture. The interview felt a little bit rushed as they were interviewing quite a few candidates over a few days. The one difference between the interviw and preparation is that they feed you data and ask you analyze it versus have you extract data via your own logical processes, this made it hard to demonstrate one's own though process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• To explain the desire to be a consultant without being vague   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

two back-to-back, one-on-one interview with an analyst from the boston office and new york office respectively.
    they interviewed a lot of people on the same day, so don't expect they will give you the time of the day to either explain their own backgrounds/ listen to your story

went straight ahead for two case interviews, each 30-35mins, and 5 mins for q and a
    one case on whether or not to purchase a shop from a friend, and another one about a manufacturer.

honestly, cases were not difficult, but the attitudes of the interviewer could sway the entire mood / flow of the interview. i had a wonderful flow with the first guy, but the second girl was simply awful. mainly because she seemed disinterested to interview you in the first place, looked around while conversing with you, and second of all, she threw a case out from her head - meaning, i did not even know whether she was playing around with me or... she just knew the case SO well.

Interview Questions

• would you buy my friend's shop?   1 Answer
    • should we enter a certain manufacturing stream ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I did a first round interview with Bain. They were very nice and professional. Several consultants contacted me via email and phone calls before I interviewed to answer questions and practice case interviews. The interviews themselves were case interviews along with a behavioral question about my resume. They contacted me a day or two later by phone to let me know the results of my interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a partner at Bain and talking to a potential client, how would you sell them on Bain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Focus was on how to value debt investments; namely evaluating the cash flows (ie, coupon payment); discussing effect of external interest rates on the value of the bond (ie, inverse relationship); etc

Interview Questions

• How would you think about bond investments in distressed companies?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Round 1: CV shortlisting
    26 students were shortlisted out of 300

Round 2: Written Aptitude Test and Guesstimate Interview
    Written round had date interpretation question and easy case study
    Guesstimate Interview was with the manager

Round 3: Case Interview
    Its Also with a manager where they ask you to solve a case

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of flying cars that would be sold in 2025   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus Hiring - CV screening, Preplacement talk, Preplacement Aptitude Test followed by 3 stage one-on-one eliminatory interviews
    A smooth portal with a points based bucket-wise screening metric to rate academic performance, work experience, positions of repsonsiblities and extra-curriculars. The aptitude test is tricky for an average quant-degree Graduate requriing quick thinking.

Interview Questions

• Guesstimates - unique and tricky. Discussion on each item on the CV in a conversational manner.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two phone interviews and cases. The company offered help from two current employees on preparing for the case interviews. They were very nice and helpful. The whole process took a week. Heard back a little over a week later that I was not moving on to the next round.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Campus Recruitment Process. Got shortlisted in the first round on the basis of Cover letter and C.V. In the second round there was a short written test and a one on one interview. The interview consisted of HR questions and a guesstimate.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the revenue of a specific gas station in Delhi   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2015.

Interview

One GMAT style test followed by CV analysis, group case and three rounds of 2 cases each.
    The group case was interesting. How each one interacted within the group was far more important than the result itself.
    Some cases were a lot harder than others. And they didn't follow any pattern, some were interviewer led others cadidate led.
    I found this fact the most difficult during the interviews. The case I failed, I thought the interviewer was leading it, as he kept asking questions and didn't give me time to explain how the answer related to the problem or to state the next steps, but in the end he said that even though I answered most of the questions correctly I should had been more proactive.