Bain & Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of two back-to-back interviews with two people at a time. This seemed strange to me, as both groups asked me virtually the same questions. I'd recommend that the company reassess the process. There was a brief walk-through tour, and then I was led back to the lobby. Most of the questions were asking me to elaborate on items on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply/what interests you about Bain? Explain x on your resume. What skills can you bring to Bain?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a first round interview on campus: there were two 45 minute interviewer led cases with recruiters, with no behavioral questions.
    I moved on to the final round interview at their office: here there were three 45 minute interviewee led cases with recruiters plus behavioral questions. The cases weren't conventional, they were much more open ended

Interview Questions

• There was a market sizing question, a purchasing question, and a profitability question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus. Had a case interview workshop the week before and did a practice case with a mentor. Next was the interview on campus (2 interviews, each 45 minutes). We spent more time on the cases than the behavioral portion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to New York to interview for Bain. My interviewers were really friendly and happy to talk me, and the office was beautiful. I went in and chatted with a few consultants in the waiting room. The first round interview process consisted of two case interviews with two different consultants. They didn't ask any fit questions. I really enjoyed chatting with them about things on my resume and my study abroad, but I didn't manage to pass my first-round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process starting with Bain recruiting at my school. I met with them and tried to develop as many connections as possible. To get the interview I had to send in my resume with a cover letter and then I found out later the I had received an interview. This consisted of speaking with two people and both consisted of cases.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment, interview was scheduled for 2 back to back 40 minute interviews. Each consisted of brief (5 minutes) behavioral questions and then dove straight into the case. Cases were not extremely difficult, there were a couple key points they were definitely looking for in each. Make sure you nail the math. One interviewer was very friendly and conversational, the other was on her computer the whole and time and seemed disinterested. Don't let that phase you.

I was told to expect to hear back by the end of the week. I never got a phone call and spoke to a few friends who had been denied. Another week went by and everyone I knew had heard back by then so I emailed the recruiter. She responded telling me that I should expect to hear from my interviewer shortly. Another week went by without anything so I emailed one of the consultants that gave me a practice interview. He never responded and I haven't heard anything since. Pretty disappointing from such a respected company.

Intern Interview

Interview

Two first-round interviews conducted back to back, each 30 minutes. Marginal focus on fit questions - case studies took up the majority of the interview. Interviewers offered few guiding questions and tailored specific questions to match up with my responses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 half an hour case study focusing on solving a business challenge by asking for information from the interviewer, followed by a 15 minute fit interview, and another 15 min case study.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself, both at home and after coming to college?"
      "Why are you interested in working for Bain?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty straightforward. On-campus interviews for the first round (2 case interviews). 2 final round interviews in the Bain office which consisted of case and behavioral interviews. Willing to accommodate people through phone and Skype interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about [this thing listed under the "interests" section of my resume]   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was screened on the phone by recruiter. They called me back asking for an in person interview. Interviewed with senior staff managers and was offered the internship the same day.

still employed...