Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.6

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Fast process, through referral connection within the company
    Mock interviews and getting in touch with others prior to interview to learn about the company
    HR was very helpful
    Everyone was willing to discuss, have coffee or phone call to answer questions

Interview Questions

• two 45 min case interviews,
      was told to practice my quants and there was no quants tested in one of the cases! So be prepared for qualitative and quantitative equally !
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 rounds of interview for a total of 4 interviews. Each interview consists of 5-10 minutes fit interview and ~30 minutes of case interviews. First round is typically with consultants and managers. Final round is with partners

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your leadership experience
      Why did you apply to [this particular office location]
      Case interview
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a case interview with multiple cases over multiple rounds. I enjoyed the discussion with each of the interviewers. the cases weren't easy, but they weren't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about opening a pizza place   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was fast and efficient, everyone was very nice. Started with a phone screen and then met with ten people over the course of two interviews. Many behavior based questions were used.

Expense Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process consist of a phone screening, two in-person interviews, and Skype interviews with the CFO and Account Manager from Boston. The interviews all went great! it was an awesome experience and I'm thankful to have been considered a candidate, however, I never got a response back from HR or the hiring manager in whether I got an offer or not. It's been over a month since my final interview, it's safe to say I didn't get the job.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two rounds of in-person interviews: two interviews in the first round (both case-based) and three for the second (one written, one case, one fit). I was notified the evening after my first interview that I was invited back for the second round, and I believe there was only one or two weeks between the two. I very much enjoyed speaking with each of my interviewers, and was even more excited for the position after leaving each round. The fit and case portions of each interview was much more conversational than my experience at other firms.

Interview Questions

• Expect the interviewers to push back on your answers to see how you respond.   Answer Question

Client Acquisition Interview

Interview

Applied online through university portal, whole entire process took about two to three weeks interview conducted through skype, average interview with normal questions but computer connection kept breaking, interviewer was nice and talkative. Overall good learning experience, would

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a surprising experience to be able to interview with Glassdoor's #1 Best Places to Work. I had 2 phone calls and 2 on site visits in their SF office. I got to speak with many wonderful people and overall it was a great experience. I has my first call with the recruiter 5 days after I applied. 1 week later, I had a call with their HR Specialist (the one who oversees the MA's I believe). The following day (Friday) I went on site to meet with one of the Consulting Managers, then the Monday after that, met with 3 other Manager Assistants, another Consulting Manager, and lastly the HR Manager. It was a wonderful experience for me, up until I had to wait for their feedback/decision. It took them exactly ONE MONTH before I heard back. I understand the need to wait to hear back from interviews, but I think I was under the impression they were moving fast since they insisted on scheduling my phone calls and on sites so immediately. I believe they hire the best of the best and unfortunately that was not me this round. That's fine. It's just that I've never had an interview experience where the waiting period to hear back was TWICE AS LONG as the actual interview process itself. I felt they could have rejected me much sooner to be honest, and I would have been fine.

Interview Questions

• Say one of your managers were on their way to the airport for a meeting in another state and you find out that meeting has been cancelled . They aren't responding to your texts or answering your calls, what do you do now?   Answer Question

Associatw Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First round consisted of two case interviews. Cases were about profitability and acquisition and was 30 mins each. Interviewer was really friendly but the interview focussed more on the case then fit questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical case interviews. First round was 2 case interview in the Boston office, met 2 consultants. Final round was a whole case interview with the manager and partner flied from the home office. Overall experience was really nice. The case analyzing skills is important.