Bain & Company Consultant (First Year) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Consultant (First Year) Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes before interview, then had two 40-minute sessions each with two managers. We spent about five to eight minutes on ice breaking interview questions followed by cases. Interviewers were extremely pleasant, personable, and professional. Overall a very nice experience. Still awaiting word on whether I advanced to second rounds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a consultant...tell me a little bit about your background that has prepared you for this position...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Consultant (First Year) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews after initial screening process. First round consisted of 3 case interviews and lasted ~3 hours. Second round (later in the week) consisted of a full day of interviews - both behavioral and case studies. One of the case studies was a mock client presentation: you had 45 minutes to review a deck of ~50 graphs and data slides, and synthesize the data into the most important insights to address the client's issue. You then presented your analysis to the interviewer later in the day. The interviewer asked probing questions to challenge your insights, but was not unreasonable. I think they're testing how you handle pressure so the most important thing is to maintain your composure and have a good conversation with your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How much does a 747 plane taking off from La Guardia en route to London Heathrow weigh?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

They did not recruit at my school however I was lucky enough to receive an interview. First round was via phone with 2 principles. Fit interview for 10 mins then 1 case from each interviewer. Cases were not so hard straight forward but they were very dynamics and encompassed many different frameworks.

Interview Questions

• How much to purchase competitor even if it is loosing money. Interviewer asked this question in many different ways.   Answer Question

Consultant (First Year) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did an online test. Received an invite to first round interview about a week after. I had 2 30-minute interviews, with 10 minutes of CV stuff in the first interview followed by a short business case and a full 30-minute business case in the second interview.