Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had leading a team.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews over 2 rounds. The first round consisted of two interviews that was done close to where I studied. For the next round, they flew me the the offices to do an interview with a principle and a partner.

Interview Questions

• The interview mostly consisted of case interviews. Very little other questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process: Selecting the "Right" Person. ... Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

advaice then company

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Brussels (Belgium)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 rounds de 2 interviews. A chaque fois 45 minutes par interview. Toujours une partie fit personnel et motivation. Ensuite une partie case à cracker. Enfin une session ouverte de questions réponse.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi Bain & Company spécifiquement vs. McKinsey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews (first round and final round) with 2 interviews each. There was a large case interview component (interactive business case) and then questions about fit. The interviewers were very friendly during all stages of the process and helped us work through the business case

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Drop resume online, then 2 round interview process-- first round is two 45-minute case interviews, second round is a written case, fit, and a verbal case. The written case has an hour to read/prep before presenting to the interviewer

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent critical feedback you've received?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

The standard consulting process; multiple rounds of multiple interviews, encompassing both fit and case. The cases varied in difficulty, but overall it was a very pleasant process. The interviewers were very nice and genuinely interested in you as a person, above the required problem solving power you'd need to crack the cases

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a difficult team to work with and how did you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Paris (France)) in April 2016.

Interview

6 entretiens, 3 études de cas, 1 test d'anglais. Entretien de personnalité et expériences passées. Mise en situation autour de problématiques business.

Différents niveaux de séniorité de mes interlocuteurs. Très bon accueil, volonté de mettre à l'aise et d'écouter. Environnement de travail particulièrement agréable.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi faire du consulting après un passage dans l'industrie?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online test: volume of questions insurmountable, difficulty of questions moderate/easy
    First round: part i) evaluate synergies of potential merger ii) market sizing and revenue estimation of an opera house
    Final round: part i) growth strategy ii) new market entry into pensions iii) profits case on credit card company

All quite friendly, typical Bain exhibits (marimekko charts) and ostensibly missing a key piece of information.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2016.

Interview

Na goedkeuring van je cv en cover letter krijg je een bevestigingsmail waarin verschillende nuttige documenten en sites worden meegedeeld om je optimaal voor te bereiden op de case interviews. (bvb Wetfeet.com en Vault.com). Eerst twee interviews van 1 uur met senior consultants, telkens met case. Tweede ronde twee interviews met twee managers. Derde ronde interview met Partner