Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

The standard consulting process; multiple rounds of multiple interviews, encompassing both fit and case. The cases varied in difficulty, but overall it was a very pleasant process. The interviewers were very nice and genuinely interested in you as a person, above the required problem solving power you'd need to crack the cases

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a difficult team to work with and how did you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Paris (France)) in April 2016.

Interview

6 entretiens, 3 études de cas, 1 test d'anglais. Entretien de personnalité et expériences passées. Mise en situation autour de problématiques business.

Différents niveaux de séniorité de mes interlocuteurs. Très bon accueil, volonté de mettre à l'aise et d'écouter. Environnement de travail particulièrement agréable.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi faire du consulting après un passage dans l'industrie?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online test: volume of questions insurmountable, difficulty of questions moderate/easy
    First round: part i) evaluate synergies of potential merger ii) market sizing and revenue estimation of an opera house
    Final round: part i) growth strategy ii) new market entry into pensions iii) profits case on credit card company

All quite friendly, typical Bain exhibits (marimekko charts) and ostensibly missing a key piece of information.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2016.

Interview

Na goedkeuring van je cv en cover letter krijg je een bevestigingsmail waarin verschillende nuttige documenten en sites worden meegedeeld om je optimaal voor te bereiden op de case interviews. (bvb Wetfeet.com en Vault.com). Eerst twee interviews van 1 uur met senior consultants, telkens met case. Tweede ronde twee interviews met twee managers. Derde ronde interview met Partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus interview consisted of two 30-minute case interviews back to back. Heard that I had moved onto the onsite visit which took place less than 2 weeks later and was another 2 case interviews each lasting about 30 minutes long with about 10 minutes of behavioral in each of them. Heard back from the recruiter a week and a half later that they were not extending an offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Runde: 3 Interviews (wovon in einem vollumfänglich ein Case gelöst wurde; in den beiden anderen standen zusätzlich Personal Fit Fragen im Vordergrund).
    2. Runde: 2 Interviews (im ersten Interview der 2. Runde wurde noch einmal ein Case gelöst; es standen jedoch Personal Fit Fragen im Vordergrund; im 2. Interview wurde mir bereits ein Vertragsangebot gemacht)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Case studies by different people. One of them was a mergers and aquisitions case study which asked about the synergies resulting from merging. And the other was asking for a way to decrease cost in order to increase profit margin. Overall, the interview was moderately difficult. And, they focus a lot on mental math and being able to structure the case.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews. Just like what you practice in the case interview prep books. But Bain has recently incorporated a written plus presentation case interview (the writing part is making quick slides by hand after reading a large amount of data for an hour). The entire interview process was intellectually intense, you really need to practice more than you expect to succeed. The people were very nice to speak to and I actually found the interviews enjoyable and fun.

Interview Questions

• A question about why a smoothie chain client's product introduction was failing.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

6 interviews with three parts
    1) Resume
    2) Case
    3) Additional questions.
    All three parts are important. I recommend to have enough additional and intelligent questions. Ask about their expertise areas, and current projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important part of your Resume?   1 Answer