Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.6

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview via phone. Got invited for 2 back-to-back interviews on the same day for the first round face-to-face interview with managers. Got invited for another 2 back-to-back interviews with partners for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, more like the questions that i have seen on textbook   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to start in a different city that i was originally got the offer from

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

On campus information session, resume submission, 2 rounds of case interviews and personality interviews. All interviews are done on site, usually by manager / senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Business cases are dependent on the interviewer, so they are not standard amongst interviewees.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Bain is great at their recruiting and always send some of their top staff to my college for their events. It is obvious that they know what they are doing and I believe they usually are able to take most of the top candidates from their competitors due to the company culture that they promote.

After applying online I was invited for a first round interview which consisted of two 30 minute case interviews that were difficult but not impossible. There were very few questions about my resume or cover letter. At the end they always ask if you have questions so come with some prepared.

Interview Questions

• One case I had involved analyzing the practicality of a business that runs t-shirt vending machines at airports across the country. It involved a lot of math and calculations to determine the solution.   Answer Question

Consultant Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview included some behavioral questions and a mini case.

Interview Questions

• You need to ask for more clarification questions on the mini case.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed for one of their overseas offices. Interview questions consisted of general case study questions plus one brain teaser.

Location

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Recruited on campus, two half-hour first rounds, two forty-five minute final rounds.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Had my first round interview on campus and it went pretty well. Two interviewers each interviewed me for 30min. They barely asked any behavioral questions because case problem took most of the time. The cases were not too hard, just standard business cases. One of them was a real case the interviewer worked on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral ones are just Why consulting? Why Bain? types of questions.
      Cases were on profitability and new market entry.
      Answer Question

Principal Interview

Interview

Two case interviews in first round, three cases and fit interview with partners in final round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dd not negotiate

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very nice people in the copenhagen office. It was a normal 3 round interview during one day. Started out with current associate and then manager and lastly an associate again.

Interview Questions

• Advice a luring company on how to optimize its performance.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applications are office specific, make sure to attend recruiting events. Referrals from existing or alumni Bain employees are highly regarded - so have your classmates put in a good word (especially school reps). Initial round was on campus: included case interviews with 2 interviewers (not office specific). Next round was at a different school, another 2 interviews, usually from the office you applied to. Decisions are made fairly quickly after each round of interviews. Interviews are usually 45 - 60 min long, with the first 10 - 15 on fit and the remainder for the case.