Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.6

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got call the very next day and was invited for the in-person interview at Dallas Office. It was an in-depth behavioral interview. Both of my interviewers were very polite and helpful.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process: Selecting the "Right" Person. ... Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

advaice then company

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

There was 2 stages interview such as case study and market estimation. You get introduced to your interviewee before you start the process. Everyone are really friendly and helpful but you still need to keep on your toes as this is a very tough interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate market for product x in a place that you've chosen   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 first round cases with casual personality questions; 3 second round interviews - 1 written case, 1 normal case, 1 traditional interview. they generally call you same night as your 2nd rounds if you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• asked me to show math and logic for written case, and why didn't include some slides   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I made it through the resume screen to the initial phone screen. I had a phone call with the recruiting manager for the LA office where she asked me about my resume and qualifications.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Knowledge Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I heard back from the Bain team within 8-9 days of applying. The entire application process was quite smoothly organized. On reaching the office for the interview, I was given a case study with some minor errors, I had to point them out and correct them. After this test, I had a 1v1 round with a Bain Knowledge Specialist. Questions asked were very generic and mostly covered what did I do in my previous job and why do I want to join Bain in this role. I was asked one guesstimate question. The interviewer was very polite and helpful throughout the interview.
    After this round, I heard that they will not be moving forward with my application.

My suggestion: Don't go expecting too much from this role, it's mostly editing presentations for Bain's Knowledge Management. But still, if you get an offer to interview for this role, please clarify with the HR/Interviewer what the role is about. They are very transparent in answering that and set no false expectations.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Für die Bewerbung im Zürcher Office wurden für ein Interview von 8.30 h bis 11.30h 7 Kandidaten eingeladen, davon 30% nicht-Bwler. Nach einer kurzen Intro, erhielten wir 2 Interviews von jeweils 45 min, 10 min cultural fit, 30 min case. Danach gab es noch einen kurzen Brunch und einzel Feedback.

Interview Questions

• Cultural Fit: Wieso Bain? In welcher Situation haben Sie ein Team geleitet?
      Case Fragen: 1) Due Diligence eines spezialisierten Papierherstellers (Papier wird vor allem für den Druck von Banknoten genutzt). Das wichtige war, dass der Weltmarkt für Banknotenherstellung zweigeteilt ist und diese sich unterschiedlich entwickeln. China/Indien/Afrika vs. USA/EU... + Das Geld vielleicht in 15-20 Jahren digitalisiert ist und es somit keine Papiernoten mehr gibt...
      2) Growth Strategy für die Gelben Seiten in einer digitalisierten Welt. Hier wäre die Lösung gewesen zu akzeptieren, dass das konventionelle Geschäftsmodel nicht mehr gerettet werden kann. Also sich auf eine neue und jüngere Zielgruppe konzentrieren und das Angebot/Pricing Model anzupassen.   Answer Question

Interview

it was a good process. they were very nice. The questions are somtimes hard, and require a lot of thought, but then again being a managment consultant is very demanding. The bain people were definitely the smartest of any of the consulting firms'

Interview Questions

• shoulda coffee chain expand   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

I only made it as far as the initial phone screening, which was filled with pretty run of the mill questions like "what's a time you displayed attention to detail?" I spoke with someone from the global services hr department and they said if I made it passed the first round there would be at least four more interviews conducted with various supervisors and members of global and practice teams.

Interview Questions

• describe an instance in which you had to display analytical thinking skills.   Answer Question