Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.6

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Everything was pretty straightforward - two phone interviews with cases, really left up to me to drive the case and dig for answers. There was a short period before each case where I was able to chat with my interviewer about my background and why Bain, but the majority of the 40 minutes was spent running through the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two case interviews back to back. Typical cases can be expected. Worked with a consultant and a principal. They were both very cordial and professional. One of them followed up with a phone call to give helpful feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for the Associate Consultant position in NYC. I applied through an on campus interview process. The process took about three weeks in total. I did not receive an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of two back-to-back interviews with two people at a time. This seemed strange to me, as both groups asked me virtually the same questions. I'd recommend that the company reassess the process. There was a brief walk-through tour, and then I was led back to the lobby. Most of the questions were asking me to elaborate on items on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply/what interests you about Bain? Explain x on your resume. What skills can you bring to Bain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied on campus and received an on campus my interview. My final round interview was also on campus. Both interviews involved a few behavioral questions and a case question.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round on campus with 2 case interviews each lasting 30 minutes. No behavioral in the first round. Flown out to Chicago for second round. Second round had 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral all 30 minutes and back to back. All very nice people but interviews were challenging as would be expected.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was basically all cases with a few behavioral questions. I went through the first round and the final round. Each round consisted of two case interviews. They were what I expected. Important to be personable and confident. Definitely do not take too much time answering the questions and have a strong business knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus first round, two 30-minute interviews with two Senior Associate Consultants. Typical Bain format with market sizing and then related questions about new market entry. Each one also started with maybe <5 minutes of behavioral, which was basically "why Bain" and "why consulting." Final round was in office with two partners, 40 minutes each. These are atypical cases, neither with market sizing and more probing questions asked -- one was even a little interviewee-led. Everyone was extremely nice throughout the whole process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a first round interview on campus: there were two 45 minute interviewer led cases with recruiters, with no behavioral questions.
    I moved on to the final round interview at their office: here there were three 45 minute interviewee led cases with recruiters plus behavioral questions. The cases weren't conventional, they were much more open ended

Interview Questions

• There was a market sizing question, a purchasing question, and a profitability question.   Answer Question